Page 69 of 71 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1061

Thread: DC on HBO Max

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Won’t even air cancelled or so the rumor goes.
    What would they air instead? An encore showing of Stargirl?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What would they air instead? An encore showing of Stargirl?
    If fate is kind, yes.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member

BREAKING Green Lantern is Dead & Not Happening at WB Reportedly

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Zaslav said if i rememeber correctly that anything over 30 million dollars will not be made as a tv show.
    So you could kiss all those dc mini series hbo shows goodbye and the upcoming ones will not be made.

All the mcu disney plus live action shows cost over 100 million to over 200 million.
    Some will get a second season,maybe a third,so some will not be limited series or just one season.

Peacemaker is getting a second season and most likely the last one,so it's not a limited series.

The green lantern hbo max series would cost 100 million each season for example,so it's not happening.
    Now if they could make a dc show for 30 million dollars or less then maybe that show will happen.
    Green Lantern HBO Max budget
    $200 million
    Last edited by mace11; 08-06-2022 at 10:47 AM.

I think they confirmed GL is not cancelled yet

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Just one I believe - Black Widow. And that was because of cinemas being closed for months on end because of COVID. Natasha's actress Scarlett Johansson wasn't happy about it (which is probably an understatement), so they made sure their other Marvel films went to the cinemas - though a couple of Pixar films and a couple of other live action projects also ended up streaming only I believe, among them Artemis Fowl?
    It was a same-day-streaming launch, as I recall. Black Widow was in theaters but you could buy it digitally on Disney+ for thirty bucks or something.

That's what my family did. Saved me money, honestly. Four movie tickets, snacks, gas, lunch before or afterwards....adds up. I saved money, didn't have to listen to people in the audience, and could pause whenever someone needed to use the bathroom. And could watch it again whenever I wanted. Best theater experience in my life.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I think they confirmed GL is not cancelled yet
    Apparently it might be debuting in 2024 now.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Well....damn. WBD is shooting themselves in the foot intentionally aren't they? Meanwhile over at Marvel, they created a small animation studio, with multiple projects in the works. DZ sounds like the movie executive version of Dan Didio.
    The specialized studio. That's probably the difference.

Marvel Studios, as a business entity unto itself, does one thing; make Marvel movies. That's it. They're hyper focused, exclusively keyed into that one genre and IP. And they've damn near perfected the art. Gotten big enough to create their own subsidiary animation studio, which *also* focuses on the one thing and one thing only.

What's WB making? Little bit of everything. DC is just one option among many. Which means DC doesn't get the focus Marvel can achieve. WB splits their attention across multiple genres, formats, etc., and expects a handful of people to know how to find success across all of them. That's probably not so easy a thing to do, and usually the types of people who end up in these kinds of positions aren't really the "fanboy" type, yknow? Good with other things, but not capes-n-spandex things.

With Disney/Marvel, everyone was real vocal during the purchase about Disney not wanting to mess with Marvel Studios' inner workings; they just wanted to write production checks, take some credit, and cash in on their cut of the returns. Mostly, it seems like they've been true to their word and they've stayed out of Marvel's way. WB hasn't really had that kind of clear division with DC. Maybe DC has one guy in charge of the overall effort, but that guy is still part of a larger group and that group still answers to someone higher up the chain. And we've seen other large film studios try their hands at a shared universe and meet the same failure as WB/DC. Best we got is probably the Godzilla movies, and they've only made four films since 2014 I think?

Maybe the trick is that specialized, autonomous studio effort.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Kevin Smith says Strange Adventures (which he wrote for apparently) has been officially cancelled

Smith's episode focused on Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, and Bizarro (who Smith wanted Nicholas Cage to play). The project went silent and was killed by the new WBD leadership. Smith claims the new leadership wants DC projects for theaters first, which we know, BUT they don't want DC streaming shows to complement them.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Im really interested to see what about this show took 4-5 years to produce 1, 10-13 episodes season for.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Im really interested to see what about this show took 4-5 years to produce 1, 10-13 episodes season for.
    My guess? It got retooled to fit into the shared universe given Zaslav wants the DCEU to copy the MCU.

I don't see how you can make GL show that doesn't look like CW show and is profitable on streaming.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    BREAKING Green Lantern is Dead & Not Happening at WB Reportedly
    It would be better to post the actual source instead of a video, which is a now refuted tweet. As for as we know, the Green Lantern show is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Kevin Smith says Strange Adventures (which he wrote for apparently) has been officially cancelled

Smith's episode focused on Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, and Bizarro (who Smith wanted Nicholas Cage to play). The project went silent and was killed by the new WBD leadership. Smith claims the new leadership wants DC projects for theaters first, which we know, BUT they don't want DC streaming shows to complement them.
    Aside from the terrible Batgirl cancellation mess, I agree that it makes more sense to focus on theatrical movies, but to completely abandon DC streaming shows sounds like a very bad decision.
    It’s one thing to not want to have a movie budget on a show, but another to completely scrap all shows.
    I hope things like Doom Patrol and Peacemaker stick around. If they really want to protect the DC brand, then cancelling Titans, Guggenheim’s GL and Gotham Knights seems like natural choices.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Aside from the terrible Batgirl cancellation mess, I agree that it makes more sense to focus on theatrical movies, but to completely abandon DC streaming shows sounds like a very bad decision.
    It’s one thing to not want to have a movie budget on a show, but another to completely scrap all shows.
    I hope things like Doom Patrol and Peacemaker stick around. If they really want to protect the DC brand, then cancelling Titans, Guggenheim’s GL and Gotham Knights seems like natural choices.
    There hasn't been confirmation that they're abandoning streaming. And there hasn't been confirmation that they're abandoning animation either. They said they were making CUTS to animation key word cuts. Nothing about throwing streaming and animation in the trash.