Page 30 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: DC on HBO Max

Considering the series is supposed to follow two different eras, I wonder if the GL uniform will be differentiated depending on the era? Maybe classic and modern?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering the series is supposed to follow two different eras, I wonder if the GL uniform will be differentiated depending on the era? Maybe classic and modern?
    I'd prefer if instead of classic each felt "modern" for that era. Like the shape and style is more what was in vogue at the time, but still all shades of green.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'd prefer if instead of classic each felt "modern" for that era. Like the shape and style is more what was in vogue at the time, but still all shades of green.
    I think that's kind of what I was getting at.

Of course they might also tailor the costume to fit the GL, so Hal would look like Hal, Kyle would look like Kyle, Guy has his jacket, etc.

The Hal fans I know are pretty uniformly against white gloves .
    i have nothing against the white gloves...

Made a thread with a poll to get to the bottom of this.

We haven’t had any news about this since January, but I’m desperately holding out hope that the Blue Beetle HBO Max show still happens. It would be so groundbreaking to have a superhero who happens to be Hispanic star in his own show. Nothing DC does can be as socially relevant than the Black Panther movie but this would be pretty huge.

Where do I go to request a topic name change? Do I just PM a moderator and ask?

I really want to rename this topic “DC on HBO Max“ so it’s not so dated looking and can have a relevant name without any issues.

Well, looks like my idea worked because I did that and bam! Topic title changed to a much better, more general and less outdated one. Thanks, Darknight Detective!

Like the name change guys? I think having a dedicated HBO Max DC thread is very useful, so that's what this thread will be going forward.

Here's what will likely be discussed:
    • Upcoming DC shows that are on HBO Max.
    • Rumored DC shows for HBO Max.
    • DC content on HBO Max.
    • DC content that's missing and needs to be added to HBO Max (such as what DC Universe is holding back right now).
    • Ideas for DC shows and movies for HBO Max.

Let me know what you think.

Retired

On the matter of white gloves, why does Bugs Bunny have yellow gloves in the promotion I see for HBO Max Looney Tunes? It seems to be a Mandela Effect a la Berenstein/Berenstain Bears. I remember Bugs always having white gloves, but now I look back at old images of Bugs and it's a half and half thing, where sometimes he has white and sometimes he has yellow. Yet I never remember the yellow gloves having been a thing before now.

https://twitter.com/WarnerMedia/stat...02388424716290

Trailer confirms that, among other shows, Green Lantern and Justice League Dark will launch next year in 2021. That means we should be hearing some concrete news on these projects soon.

Turns out the white gloves mean a lot to Hal fans.

Makes no damn sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    On the matter of white gloves, why does Bugs Bunny have yellow gloves in the promotion I see for HBO Max Looney Tunes? It seems to be a Mandela Effect a la Berenstein/Berenstain Bears. I remember Bugs always having white gloves, but now I look back at old images of Bugs and it's a half and half thing, where sometimes he has white and sometimes he has yellow. Yet I never remember the yellow gloves having been a thing before now.
    I did a quick Google search and I didn't see one image of Bugs with yellow gloves. I certainly don't remember him wearing yellow either. I think it must only be the new cartoons. (they are being made in an old style, but they're new - is that what you're seeing?)

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Turns out the white gloves mean a lot to Hal fans.

Makes no damn sense.
    Are you talking about the white gloves for HBO Hal thread? Because most people there seem to be saying that even if they prefer the white gloves, it's not a big deal.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I did a quick Google search and I didn't see one image of Bugs with yellow gloves. I certainly don't remember him wearing yellow either. I think it must only be the new cartoons. (they are being made in an old style, but they're new - is that what you're seeing?)
    When I do an image search for random Bugs Bunny comic book covers, from Dell and Gold Key, I find covers with Bugs wearing yellow gloves or white gloves and to a lesser degree grey gloves or blue gloves. So I'm forced to conclude that yellow gloves were common enough back in the day and I just didn't remember that--or I am now in an alternate timeline where the yellow gloves existed, but I remember a timeline where they were always white.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    When I do an image search for random Bugs Bunny comic book covers, from Dell and Gold Key, I find covers with Bugs wearing yellow gloves or white gloves and to a lesser degree grey gloves or blue gloves. So I'm forced to conclude that yellow gloves were common enough back in the day and I just didn't remember that--or I am now in an alternate timeline where the yellow gloves existed, but I remember a timeline where they were always white.
    Ah. I thought you were just talking cartoons. I've never read the comic books. I'm sure coloring back in the day was wildly inconsistent.

Astonishing Member

I'm waiting for some new cartoon news.
    I hear ya,will young justice season 4 be made?