Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Thread: DC on HBO Max

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JimmySpectre View Post
    Harley Quinn : Kite Man Spinoff "Noonan's" Reportedly In Development for HBO Max

https://www.slashfilm.com/798021/har...-hbo-max-sxsw/
    Lol I like that guy but it would need booster gold and some others to hook me

Quote Originally Posted by JimmySpectre View Post
    Harley Quinn : Kite Man Spinoff "Noonan's" Reportedly In Development for HBO Max

https://www.slashfilm.com/798021/har...-hbo-max-sxsw/
    I don't think anyone saw this coming.

I'm really not sure how I feel about this...I mean, I like the HQ version of Kite-Man, a villain bar sounds like a fun premise that can have an eclectic rotating cast, but...do we really need a cartoon of this? I'm just not sure if there's the audience for this outside HQ fans.

And I'm sure some people will look at them putting resources into this and asking why WB still hasn't released a Wonder Woman cartoon or anything that isn't Bat or Gotham-inspired.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I'm really not sure how I feel about this...I mean, I like the HQ version of Kite-Man, a villain bar sounds like a fun premise that can have an eclectic rotating cast, but...do we really need a cartoon of this? I'm just not sure if there's the audience for this outside HQ fans.

And I'm sure some people will look at them putting resources into this and asking why WB still hasn't released a Wonder Woman cartoon or anything that isn't Bat or Gotahm-inspired.
    My first thought was “the Wonder Woman forum is going to flip over being passed over for a Kite Man series”! Least they’ve got the video game.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    My first thought was “the Wonder Woman forum is going to flip over being passed over for a Kite Man series”! Least they’ve got the video game.
    Or like...anybody else.

Like, okay, Aquaman got a mini-series, but is The Flash TV show mean they don't see the need for a Flash cartoon? Or are they waiting to see how the movie does? But then they'd probably shove Batman into that too.

WB seems to have some weird media priorities. Although I guess "HQ did well, must spread the success" is probably the thinking like with Gunn's Suicide Squad.

Its really sad that some fans just poison the well for other less popular characters
    I mean WW has movies, video games, and TV shows yet her fans will actively talk down less popular characters getting a shot at an animated series because I guess that feather in her cap is vacant in spite of her appearing in everything else
    Its tantamount to Batman fans crapping on Blue Beetle getting a movie or Black Canary getting a movie

BANNED

The best thing about Harley Quinn right now? We finally get a show without Harley in it.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I started rewatching the 2019 Watchmen series and it holds up. I still enjoyed it.
    I fully believe this series will hold up forever. Best live-action comics-related thing ever and one of the best TV series' too IMO. I've watched it four times and am about to go for a fifth with my partner. When I don't know what to watch, I rewatch it and it's always a delight to do so. I recommend it constantly--sometimes to comics people but mostly not because most people I know aren't comics people--and every single one has been blown away.

And I'm sure some people will look at them putting resources into this and asking why WB still hasn't released a Wonder Woman cartoon or anything that isn't Bat or Gotham-inspired.
    I think there's an audience (comic fans and not) for an animated series about a supervillain bar. I like the HQ series but something like this sounds even better.

It's a property they can take liberties with without hurting the property. Or at least that is how I read it...
    Personally, I want a Damage Control series live action or cartoon. That could be awesome. DC tried with Powerless and had some issues...OK a lot of issues but I wish they did more with it. Such a missed opportunity because Alan Tudyk and Pudi are GOLD.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Its really sad that some fans just poison the well for other less popular characters
    I mean WW has movies, video games, and TV shows yet her fans will actively talk down less popular characters getting a shot at an animated series because I guess that feather in her cap is vacant in spite of her appearing in everything else
    Its tantamount to Batman fans crapping on Blue Beetle getting a movie or Black Canary getting a movie
    So that means she can be the only member of the Trinity without her own solo cartoon? Or that other major DC properties don't deserve their own cartoon? DC/WB's treatment of Diana isn't fair enough that I think they can get a pass.

It's like saying Superman being in Young Justice makes up for not having a Superman cartoon.

No one's "poisoning the well," it just sometimes seems like WB has some weird media priorities.
    Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I think there's an audience (comic fans and not) for an animated series about a supervillain bar. I like the HQ series but something like this sounds even better.
    I think it can be fun, but it feels like the niche-est thing DC's done.

So that means she can be the only member of the Trinity without her own solo cartoon? Or that other major DC properties don't deserve their own cartoon? DC/WB's treatment of Diana isn't fair enough that I think they can get a pass.

It's like saying Superman being in Young Justice makes up for not having a Superman cartoon.

No one's "poisoning the well," it just sometimes seems like WB has some weird media priorities.

I think it can be fun, but it feels like the niche-est thing DC's done.
    This is a ridiculous argument
    WW is a tentpole franchise just like the rest of the trinity
    Superman fans cry about the abundance of Batman content too but nobody legitimately regards it as base breaking because Superman is everywhere just to a slightly lesser degree

For all I care this Kite Man show could be terrible and so could a WW animated project but I know that I'd like to see a character who is unlikely to appear anywhere else let alone in the comics get these cartoons vs another opportunity to promote one of the trinity or Justice League.

Sounds good. I wonder if they’re going to use characters from Hitman.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    This is a ridiculous argument
    WW is a tentpole franchise just like the rest of the trinity
    Superman fans cry about the abundance of Batman content too but nobody legitimately regards it as base breaking because Superman is everywhere just to a slightly lesser degree

For all I care this Kite Man show could be terrible and so could a WW animated project but I know that I'd like to see a character who is unlikely to appear anywhere else let alone in the comics get these cartoons vs another opportunity to promote one of the trinity or Justice League.
    WW is a tentpol franchise but she doesn't get anywhere near the level of content as Batman and Superman. Superman doesn't have it as goo as Batman, but nobody does.

I'm not saying WB/DC shouldn't go for off the beat takes like this, I like the shows' version of Kite Man, but that they should focus on their main franchises as well.

Incredible Member

I'm on the Superman forum daily.
    I don't think we are really crying about Batman.
    We are annoyed about how Superman is portrayed.
    There is a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I fully believe this series will hold up forever. Best live-action comics-related thing ever and one of the best TV series' too IMO. I've watched it four times and am about to go for a fifth with my partner. When I don't know what to watch, I rewatch it and it's always a delight to do so. I recommend it constantly--sometimes to comics people but mostly not because most people I know aren't comics people--and every single one has been blown away.
    it's great. I wished they'd do a sequel one day. I liked how both Looking Glass and Reggie from Doomsday Clock were ironic successors to Rorschach.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-14-2022 at 03:27 PM.