Page 38 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: DC on HBO Max

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Jade, I think.
    I would hope not. A half alien named "Bree Jarta" doesn't sound like Jade, even if they decide to make her Alan Scott's daughter.

I remain curious to know what this show will be in tone and concept since there are many ways to treat the GLC mythos. Introducing different time periods poses a lot of questions but having a brand new character as the lead is another aspect that makes me think they're taking it further away from the comics. Making the lead half-alien strikes me as falling for a major temptation of many GL writers - to make their GL somehow *special*, as though being chosen to be a GL isn't special enough. It undermines one basic concept of being chosen - that anyone who choses to do right with "honesty and fearlessness" can be a hero. She should run into a bunch of other multi-species GLs as though it's no big deal.

But I guess we'll see...
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-05-2020 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Considering the high budget of show, I guess they would want an original character royalty from it.
    It would explain all the original characters in the Arrowverse shows.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Such a shame that instead of reviving the GL franchise, they just prioritize how to benefit the most.
    It's been nearly ten years and Green Lantern still hasn't met its Christopher Nolan.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Never thought of this but it would make perfect sense.

So Adrian Chase is actually the Vigilante this time around ?

The Mandalorian has shown how fun a sci fi show set in space can be. I’m really looking forward to the Green Lantern series. A police procedural in a space background would be an amazing show if it has good special effects.

I’m really looking forward to this show!
    Last edited by Robotman; 11-12-2020 at 01:26 AM.

Gonna need to wait and see on the TV-MA claim. The head of WarnerMedia content previously said Green Lantern was gonna be a show aimed at a younger, more generalized audience (specifically as opposed to Watchmen, was aimed strictly at adults).

With the purge of top creative executives completed, the responsibility for what’s inside HBO Max and the cable TV channels will fall largely on Casey Bloys, an HBO veteran who is now overseeing all of WarnerMedia’s entertainment content. He has, he said in a telephone interview, told his new team that he wants programming on the streaming service that will complement the buzzy, complex adult shows like “Watchmen” and “Succession” that HBO is best known for. He pointed to straightforwardly fun titles that appeal to younger audiences like “Green Lantern” and “Gossip Girl” as models for broadening out the service.

Terence Winter has exited the Batman GCPD series.

Terence WInter has stepped down as writer, executive producer and showrunner of HBO Max’s upcoming Batman drama series over creative differences, Deadline has confirmed.

The streamer this past summer gave a series commitment to the project, a companion to Warner Bros. movie franchise from The Batman filmmaker Matt Reeves, The Batman producer Dylan Clark and Warner Bros Television.

The series, set in the world Reeves is creating for The Batman feature, is designed to build upon the film’s examination of the anatomy of corruption in Gotham City, launching a new Batman universe across multiple platforms. Focused on the Gotham police department, the series will extend the world established in the movie and further explore the myriad complex characters of Gotham.

Reeves in August said that the series is a prequel to his Batman Year Two movie, with the show set in Batman Year One when a “masked vigilante…starts to unsettle the city”. The series will zero in on the city’s corruption that “goes back many years” and is told from the POV of a crooked cop, Reeves said in August.

“The story is actually a battle for his soul,” he said.

Reeves’ 6th & Idaho production company will produce the series in association with WBTV. The drama, which is based on characters created for DC by Bob Kane with Bill Finger, will also be executive produced by 6th & Idaho’s Daniel Pipski and Adam Kassan; Rafi Crohn will co-executive produce. Warner Bros International Television Distribution will distribute the series globally.

Winter’s exit was first reported by THR.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The Mandalorian has shown how fun a sci fi show set in space can be. I’m really looking forward to the Green Lantern series. A police procedural in a space background would be an amazing show if it has good special effects.

I’m really looking forward to this show!
    I would be so floored if dc could produce live action tv materials on par with mandalorian... im not even a huge star wars fan but that shows quality from acting to special effects to writing is superior to many major films...

Really crazy what they've accomplished!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

With WBs history it looks like another intervention of the suits followed by the artist leaving. Hopefully we'll know one day

I posted this in the tv thread but it’s appropriate here...surprising all apparently Guy Gardner is a loving father and husband.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...rn-bree-jarta/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.