Thread: DC on HBO Max

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    So I guess it didn't bomb.
    They are considering a season 2 so definitely not

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    They are considering a season 2 so definitely not
    Yeah, any time something has a sequel or another season, it did okay at the very least.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I really wanna watch a spin off about Ratcatcher, but that seems unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yeah, any time something has a sequel or another season, it did okay at the very least.
    Well, Batwoman somehow got three seasons despite being the series that started off terrible and somehow just lost its footing from there. I mean I tried rooting for it and still kinda watch it, but eh...

Course I consider that one of those "exceptions that proves the rule" scenarios.

Peacemaker's been a hoot, gotta wait a week or two to watch the latest episode though sadly. Out of high speed data, and watching two minutes of show before buffering then another two minutes and more buffering and so on is no way to watch anything. That's okay though I guess, be more fun to marathon three episodes at a time again like I did the first three.
    Not sure what The Suicide Squad spinoff show they could do. King Shark requires too costly a CGI budget, Bloodsport is too costly to hire Idris so...
    **** it's Ratcatcher 2 isn't it? I swear I must have been the only one who was indifferent to her whole character and had no interest in seeing more of her going forward, but there we go, it's a thing.

Well, I guess I could get super lucky and they make a Harley Quinn show with Robbie, but I'm not that lucky. Besides, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a Gotham City Sirens movie some day.

I think Batwoman's pretty solid, with some issues. Of course, production issues and screwing over Kate Kane aside...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Batwoman's pretty solid, with some issues. Of course, production issues and screwing over Kate Kane aside...
    Eh, to each their own. I thought the first season was one of the worst seasons of any series on the CW to date, and somehow the second season was even worse. Third season's been the best of the show so far actually, but that's been kind of a low bar to jump, and helped a lot by using stuff from classic rogues like Mad Hatter's hat and so on, and having Poison Ivy herself.

Your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, to each their own. I thought the first season was one of the worst seasons of any series on the CW to date, and somehow the second season was even worse. Third season's been the best of the show so far actually, but that's been kind of a low bar to jump, and helped a lot by using stuff from classic rogues like Mad Hatter's hat and so on, and having Poison Ivy herself.

Your mileage may vary.
    I think it's a show that grew as it went along, and season 2 improved when Black Mask showed up and they solidified more what Ryan brought to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's a show that grew as it went along, and season 2 improved when Black Mask showed up and they solidified more what Ryan brought to the table.
    I don't know, I intentionally missed some episodes after Luke got shot. Felt they were doing a big BLM moment, and while I support that Supergirl kind of burnt me out on seeing the CW superhero shows trying to tackle it stuff. Just, it felt like a very low point in the series that was about to get worse, so I tuned out for a bit. Then I had issues with my tv when I tuned back in again, but Black Hood's whole thing seemed not stellar to be honest. Plus this season's Achilles' heel from the beginning, sooooooo much Alice. Just, it has not been a rewarding watch for me personally, with a lot of missteps and such. Never felt like it hit a stride.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't know, I intentionally missed some episodes after Luke got shot. Felt they were doing a big BLM moment, and while I support that Supergirl kind of burnt me out on seeing the CW superhero shows trying to tackle it stuff. Just, it felt like a very low point in the series that was about to get worse, so I tuned out for a bit. Then I had issues with my tv when I tuned back in again, but Black Hood's whole thing seemed not stellar to be honest. Plus this season's Achilles' heel from the beginning, sooooooo much Alice. Just, it has not been a rewarding watch for me personally, with a lot of missteps and such. Never felt like it hit a stride.
    For what it's worth I think the show handled it a lot better than Supergirl did and gave Luke a solid character arc.

I liked their take on Black Mask but I can understand Alice being too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    I would ask “why?!?” but I guess there are a lot of Gen Xers in charge of DC right now. So that probably has a lot to do with it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I would ask “why?!?” but I guess there are a lot of Gen Xers in charge of DC right now. So that probably has a lot to do with it.
    Watch it be really good too lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Watch it be really good too lol
    The last Wonder Twins series was pretty good. If it's half as good as that or Peacemaker, I'm in.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Mighty Member

I do like that HBO MAX gives DC some flexibility as far as featuring the less known characters. 2 3 years ago would we even have said that a Peacemaker series would have been a hit? I mean I'm glad that they're at least trying to branch out

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    I do like that HBO MAX gives DC some flexibility as far as featuring the less known characters. 2 3 years ago would we even have said that a Peacemaker series would have been a hit? I mean I'm glad that they're at least trying to branch out
    HBO Max has been a blessing for DC! So many lesser known characters are going to get a bunch of attention and new fans thanks to the opportunities HBO Max provides
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!