Page 1 of 71 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: DC on HBO Max

Default DC on HBO Max

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/c...greg_berlanti/

r/TVLeaks is very small right now and can't sustain itself with leaks, so I guess I have to copy some of my old leaks and post them here.

- HBO Max and Greg Berlanti will be announcing a new slate of DC shows in the next few weeks. They are all Greg Berlanti shows. He is in charge of DC for HBO Max.
    - Doom Patrol will be part of that slate. They’ve not yet decided if Titans is part of it.
    - They’re trying to buy content en masse for HBO Max.
    - A very interesting point was made about Joker: The television arm of DC was doing Joker before Joker. What they're saying is that they need to improve how they talk to each other within WarnerMedia and share ideas.
    - They wanted to take Batwoman from CW and make it the launch series for HBO Max. Batwoman's been renewed already. Batwoman is going to be on HBO Max next year, but only once it’s done on CW.
    - HBO Max allows them to make unproduced scripts that the film studio turned down, films for it. They don’t need to worry about theatrical.
    - Greg Berlanti has at least 10 films in development, 3 of which will definitely be made. In addition to one filming right now. He didn’t say they’re doing DC films on HBO Max, but that wouldn't be too surprising.

What makes this worth considering is that he's proven his chops when asked...

- I leaked the episode titles for Titans season 2 loooooong before any of them were officially revealed, and so far they've all come true.
    - I am a moderator on r/TVLeaks, r/TitansTV and most of the DCU show subreddits (and way more), for what it's worth.
    - I made a post a while ago, detailing what we were originally going to get in the season 1 finale before it got moved to season 2 and changed.
    - I made this comment, explaining what's happening at the end of episode 6 (where it solved the cliffhanger of episode 5). I made this comment right when the episode dropped, you can check the timestamp on desktop if you hover over the "x days ago".
    - I set up an AMA on r/DCDoomPatrol, featuring crew members from all the DCU shows (some I still talk to).

I copied everything so far from a previous post I made about the Titans not being in CW's Crisis, which is something that also been proven true (Actor of Beast Boy made a statement saying the rumors are false, the guy who made up this rumor also gave up. Both linked at the bottom of the post).
    It's been going around on Reddit lately, and word is they'll announce the slate very soon (likely with the HBO Max conference coming on the 29th). Apparently, Greg Berlanti is in charge of all things DC for HBO Max. That would worry me, but to his credit he was involved with Titans and Doom Patrol, so he might have minimal involvement outside of just getting them made.

Here are some of the shows that are rumored to be in development for sure:

Adam Strange
    Blue Beetle
    Green Lantern
    Lobo
    Metal Men
    Question
    Red Hood

Some that are on the table:

Hawk and Dove
    Superboy

Possible CW shows

Martian Manhunter
    Superman

Doom Patrol is already on the slate as we know, and they're heavily considering Titans to move to being branded as a Max Original as well.

Not sure what the status is with DC Universe, because it's hard to imagine DCU-exclusive shows -- that would be suicidal. It's likely that all shows will simultaneously air on DCU, assuming they don't just make it a comics-only service at this point. Apparently they're also considering movies as well. Remember, the conference is in five days, so we'll probably find out very soon either way.

What do you guys think, if true?

Personally, it all sounds good. I would probably enjoy watching most of these shows listed, and apparently that's just the beginning. I just hope they have good DC animation planned as well, as I think this is only covering live-action and we all know how good DC is animated.

Remember: I'm not a leaker. I'm just sharing this as a messenger with an interest in the possible shows coming up.
    Last edited by Hybrid; 10-24-2019 at 09:39 PM.

It's DC Universe will turn into DC Unlimited and be just comics while HBO Max will show all the shows...At least that's how I see it.

I hope YJ gets moved their and get a budget upgrade so I don't have to watch a storyboard slideshow
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I'm waiting for some new cartoon news.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Ugh Greg Berlanti.

I want all the shows to get some better budgets because they need it.

And yes, more cartoons would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Ugh Greg Berlanti.

Keeping in mind that he was involved with Doom Patrol, which was phenomenal, he might just be very hands-off and has little to do with the creative process. I hope so, anyways. As for the budgets, I'd expect higher budgets to be there on what is essentially their premier service named after their prestige brand.

I hope those Martian Manhunter/Superman shows happen. Lobo getting a TV show will be interesting that’s for sure.

Ugh Greg Berlanti.

That's exactly what I thought when I read this. UGH GREG BERLANTI!
    Haha.

Definitely more animated shows needed!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I hope those Martian Manhunter/Superman shows happen. Lobo getting a TV show will be interesting that’s for sure.
    Totally agree but I want a Green Lantern show too with John Diggle as John Stewart!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Ugh Greg Berlanti.

Here is the deal with Greg Berlanti.
    We all want a T-bone steak and a baked potato but no one wants to give us that
    Greg Berlanti is offering us cheeseburgers and fries because they won't give him money to give us T-bone steaks
    We either take what Berlanti is giving us or go without. I am sure Greg would love to give us T-bones if he could.
    Really he is giving us a buffet. Think back before he came along how few superhero shows there were on TV.
    Now we are so spoiled that we get to complain about how "terrible" they are, when they are actually far superior
    to anything back in the 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s. Look back on shows like Adventures of Superman,
    Wonder Woman, Lois and Clark, even Batman if you want to see cheap looking.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm waiting for some new cartoon news.
    You are not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Question

That's all I needed to hear!
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Oh come on, no love for DC Universe? And HBO Max is going to be prohibitively expensive, too... yuck!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I just clicked on the link and it says it's not found. Not sure what that means. I really hope the Superman rumors are true. I assume both this and the MM show will be Supergirl spinoffs.
    Assassinate Putin!

Red Hood is meant to be a spinoff of the Titans (which, in a way, is kind of a shame as Curran Walters is stealing the show as Jason), which is something I've been wanting for awhile. Will be interesting to see if they include the All-Caste in it, or it keep it more grounded.