Page 10 of 71 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: DC on HBO Max

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Now if a Superman show was on HBO Max? I'd be really down. 8 episodes a season of big budget Superman adventures would be fantastic. But the fact these projects keep going to the CW is really frustrating
    The CW is broadcast tv and already included in various cable/Satellite and so on packages.

HBO Max would be extra for some folks to buy. Not to mention Hulu being free on Sprint while Netflix is free on T-Mobile.

You got to reach the largest audience that you can and unlike overseas where a 8 episode season does happen. It's a rarely here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kyle would make sense as someone relateable who gets thrust into the GL mythos and share the audience's POV in getting introduced to everything. He also fits the mold of a typical Arrowverse lead more then the others.
    Plus there's the diversity angle if they choose to keep his half-Mexican heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Plus there's the diversity angle if they choose to keep his half-Mexican heritage.
    Yeah, I could definitely see them emphasizing that.

Man, I hope that Blue Beetle show is a thing. On top of reasons I gave earlier, I think a Blue Beetle show with an HBO budget would be amazing in part because his powers and the scarab technology would be visually spectacular if done right. Can you imagine seeing all the shapeshifting and super weaponry that Blue Beetle uses done in live-action with proper effects? That would be insane!

It’s a damn shame they started Titans when they did then.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Re: Green Lantern, oh boy.... now comes the torturous few years of rumors, punctuated by bits of info mixed with incorrect leaks resulting in fan overreactions until this airs...

And what is "Green Lantern inspired" anyway??

Do you guys think Green Lantern will be TV-MA?

I know HBO Max isn't HBO, but I can easily see them taking advantage to allow sex and F-bombs...

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    It’s a damn shame they started Titans when they did then.
    Titans apparently has good viewership on the app...if/when the DC universe gets absorbed by HBO Max, it'll probably be carried over like Doom Patrol.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Titans apparently has good viewership on the app...if/when the DC universe gets absorbed by HBO Max, it'll probably be carried over like Doom Patrol.
    I imagine it has good comparative viewership, but that probably doesn't mean much on such a niche service. I think DC Universe never should've had originals. It does good as an app for comics, but terrible as an app for shows and movies. It's just too specialized.

Like I just said, if they saved Doom Patrol, Titans would likely be carried over as well since the latter had more viewers than the former (despite the former being a much stronger show).

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    According to the initial rumors they would be using Kyle. I don't see why using Hal would make things more difficult though, he's hardly the first character who's been in a bad movie and it's been a long time since the Ryan Reynolds debacle. In my mind WB kind of owes this character an apology. Personally, I'm hoping there's multiple human Lanterns, but the show will apparently be called "Green Lantern" and not "Green Lantern Corps". In any event here's hoping they do it justice, whatever direction they choose to go in.
    If it's Kyle then maybe the Corps are dead. Pretty sure characters like the Guardians and Kilowarg would be really expensive to have. So adapting the Kyle era might be cheaper premise wise. Granted if anyone could pull off a full blown GL show it'd be HBO.
    Anyway I'm more of a Hal, Guy and Jessica fan. But I'd be lying if I said an HBO dc show doesn't pique my interest.

Yeah, I hope all the shows carry over tbh.

I'm excited to have a GL show. Personally would rather GL to be animated than live action, but I'll take it, especially since it's being said to be DC's biggest show.

I'm still skeptical of the rumor that Kyle will lead and tbh I hope it's false. Along with the biggest show bit, it's apparently supposed to focus in space. I prefer more Earth-based focus than space-based for Kyle. I'd love to have all the human lanterns at least appear in some capacity.
    Last edited by Lirica; 10-29-2019 at 08:22 PM.

yeah I always thought Green Lantern would work best animated. Those constructs are inherently cartoony in nature. Not that I'm complaining.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Honestly, they should just bring over the DCU shows and just get rid of the service or tune it into a comics only service.