Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: DC on HBO Max

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    If it's Kyle then maybe the Corps are dead.
    I wonder if they might have Parallax as the villain if they go that route.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

According to Grace Randolph, Berlanti will be getting a 100 million dollar budget for Green Lantern. It sums up with what Berlanti said about the show.

If we're getting direct HBO Max movies I hope they up the budget and quality for the animated movies. They've been poor lately and a bigger team with creatives and bigger budget will surely help.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I wonder if they might have Parallax as the villain if they go that route.
    I wonder if they'd revamp Sinestro to make him more closely associated with Kyle. I can't see them not using the biggest Green Lantern villain even if Hal isn't the main character.

Now I'm suddenly expecting them to pull a Barry and give Kyle all of Hal's major storylines .

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The CW is broadcast tv and already included in various cable/Satellite and so on packages.

HBO Max would be extra for some folks to buy. Not to mention Hulu being free on Sprint while Netflix is free on T-Mobile.

You got to reach the largest audience that you can and unlike overseas where a 8 episode season does happen. It's a rarely here.
    HBO has a much larger audience than the CW.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they'd revamp Sinestro to make him more closely associated with Kyle. I can't see them not using the biggest Green Lantern villain even if Hal isn't the main character.
    Honestly, I'm hoping for an ensemble show with the four main Green Lanterns (and maybe Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz coming in at some point). Though, I could see them going in the direction of Kyle being the protagonist, but Hal still being set up in continuity as the first Earth Lantern, regardless of whether he's either retired living with Carol or (ugh) running around as Parallax. Though, if it is the latter, then that would at least allow them to set up Final Night and Green Lantern Rebirth as arcs in the series.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Man, I REALLY hope Titans continues. It has been a real treat. Best thing DCTV has put out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Honestly, I'm hoping for an ensemble show with the four main Green Lanterns (and maybe Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz coming in at some point). Though, I could see them going in the direction of Kyle being the protagonist, but Hal still being set up in continuity as the first Earth Lantern, regardless of whether he's either retired living with Carol or (ugh) running around as Parallax. Though, if it is the latter, then that would at least allow them to set up Final Night and Green Lantern Rebirth as arcs in the series.
    If Berlanti handles it like an Arrowverse show then they'll probably introduce other Lanterns as part of "Team Lantern."

I wonder if Jade will show up...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Man, I REALLY hope Titans continues. It has been a real treat. Best thing DCTV has put out.
    And, if it does continue, the best news would probably be that they'd be getting a much bigger budget. We could finally see the Tamaraneans in all their otherworldly glory!!! Maybe we could even see them go to Tamaran.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Now I'm suddenly expecting them to pull a Barry and give Kyle all of Hal's major storylines .
    Why use Sinestro when Kyle has..... Effigy... or Nero... or...

Okay, since it's HBO maybe we'll have Marsden as Parallax.

Edit: oops, I meant Marsden
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-29-2019 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Why use Sinestro when Kyle has..... Effigy... or Nero... or...

Okay, since it's HBO maybe we'll have Marsters as Parallax.
    Y'know, now I'm thinking about Major Force and if they'll replicate the refrigerator moment .

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    According to Grace Randolph, Berlanti will be getting a 100 million dollar budget for Green Lantern. It sums up with what Berlanti said about the show.

If we're getting direct HBO Max movies I hope they up the budget and quality for the animated movies. They've been poor lately and a bigger team with creatives and bigger budget will surely help.
    I just need somebody to make We3!

I definitely hope we get a Kyle Rayner show.

Means I might get an actual Kyle GL book again.

If not him, maybe Jessica. Anything as long as it isn't a freakin' team of earth GL's. I hate that.
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    And, if it does continue, the best news would probably be that they'd be getting a much bigger budget. We could finally see the Tamaraneans in all their otherworldly glory!!! Maybe we could even see them go to Tamaran.
    What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    It's currently the biggest (and most popular) DC streaming show. Five gets you ten it moves to HBO Max.

My bigger concern is Young Justice more than anything.