Page 12 of 71 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: DC on HBO Max

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Honestly, they should just bring over the DCU shows and just get rid of the service or tune it into a comics only service.
    I’m almost 100% positive that’s where things are heading.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

I actually think a gritty noir show about The Question would fit the HBO Max service like a glove.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 10-30-2019 at 10:11 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    What do you mean?
    I mean the only thing that's gotten in the way of Titans' being as great as it can be is the fact that they haven't had the budget to pull off some of the more spectacular aspects of the Titans mythos...or at least it feels like they don't. The writing is there. The acting is there. The direction is there. Everything is there except for the special effects needed to give us things like Starfire flying through the sky or a convincing display of Wonder Girl's strength or a comics-accurate portrayal of Trigon. I want to see all of that because I love the show and I love the Titans mythos.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I mean the only thing that's gotten in the way of Titans' being as great as it can be is the fact that they haven't had the budget to pull off some of the more spectacular aspects of the Titans mythos...or at least it feels like they don't. The writing is there. The acting is there. The direction is there. Everything is there except for the special effects needed to give us things like Starfire flying through the sky or a convincing display of Wonder Girl's strength or a comics-accurate portrayal of Trigon. I want to see all of that because I love the show and I love the Titans mythos.
    Just thinking of all that makes me excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If Berlanti handles it like an Arrowverse show then they'll probably introduce other Lanterns as part of "Team Lantern."

I wonder if Jade will show up...
    If they're doing GL, there should be only one human. Let the supporting cast be aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    My bigger concern is Young Justice more than anything.
    I’m curious myself what’s going to happen to the animation side. The optimistic side of me wants to believe they’re going to get a budget increase and start cranking out shows and movies for MAX.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I actually think a gritty noir show about the The Question would fit the HBO Max service like a glove.
    I would love love love that.

They confirmed back at Comic-Con that Young Justice had been renewed for a fourth season. Regardless of what ends up happening with DC Universe, YJ will likely be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    It might juts be me, but it feels like they're building up to that stuff after starting relatively more grounded for the start of the season. Almost like Arrow in that respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    If they're doing GL, there should be only one human. Let the supporting cast be aliens.
    If they're doing GL, they'll probably get to other Earth Lanterns eventually .
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m curious myself what’s going to happen to the animation side. The optimistic side of me wants to believe they’re going to get a budget increase and start cranking out shows and movies for MAX.
    Will the DC Animated Feature premiers get moved to HBOMax instead of DC Universe?

I guess they now have a home for the DC Super Hero Girls animated movies, as well as stuff like Batman Unlimited, the Batman '66 animated movies, BatmanvsTMNT, etc.

Part of the appeal of the GLC is the vastness of space and diversity of sentient beings that make up the ranks. If they're all humans, or even if most of the main cast is- the appeal is lost.

I'd say 2 humans are enough. I'd go with Jessica Cruz and Hal Jordan, but I'd be fine with another combo.

Part of the appeal of the GLC is the vastness of space and diversity of sentient beings that make up the ranks. If they're all humans, or even if most of the main cast is- the appeal is lost.

I'd say 2 humans are enough. I'd go with Jessica Cruz and Hal Jordan, but I'd be fine with another combo.
    The shows got a big budget...but not THAT big.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    The shows got a big budget...but not THAT big.
    100+ million isn't big enough?

A human cast of Green Lanterns would still be pretty diverse. A black man, a muslim, two latinos (assuming they keep that retcon of Kyle being part Mexican).

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    A human cast of Green Lanterns would still be pretty diverse. A black man, a muslim, two latinos (assuming they keep that retcon of Kyle being part Mexican).
    But that's downright boring compared to an alien supporting cast. That's what he's saying.

I mean, if they're using Kyle, I think it's to be expected they might not immediately start with a large alien supporting cast.