Page 14 of 71 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: DC on HBO Max

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Honestly, they should just bring over the DCU shows and just get rid of the service or tune it into a comics only service.
    Yeah, they should just make it a DC counterpart of Marvel Unlimited. Six month delay for comics instead the current year, and no shows or movies. With the rights issues eliminated, they'd then also be able to roll it out worldwide.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

After the presentation, how likely would you say this makes the other leaked shows on the list?

As you know, I'm really wanting that Blue Beetle show to be a thing. I'd also like that Question series to become real as well. Really, all sound good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    100+ million isn't big enough?
    The Ring effects (if they dont just go with "Make lasers and a bubble shield" ) will add up VERY quickly. You can MAYBE go Star Trek "Stuff on their forehead" aliens as well but that doesn't really feel GL.

So now every one of the Big Seven have had live-action TV shows or been prominently featured in a TV show (Supergirl for Martian Manhunter, Doom Patrol for Cyborg) except Aquaman (although he had a pilot).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So now every one of the Big Seven have had live-action TV shows or been prominently featured in a TV show (Supergirl for Martian Manhunter, Doom Patrol for Cyborg) except Aquaman (although he had a pilot).
    A pilot that was so good, they made the actor Green Arrow on the same show he debuted on as Aquaman.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I want a GL show that is full of wild aliens and far out places.

I'll prolly be getting HBOMax, tbh. I've had HBOGO forever.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    The Ring effects (if they dont just go with "Make lasers and a bubble shield" ) will add up VERY quickly. You can MAYBE go Star Trek "Stuff on their forehead" aliens as well but that doesn't really feel GL.
    Hey, the failed Justice League pilot pulled it off.

All-New Member

Hey guys, it's me, Vullein070. The only "forum" I really use is Reddit so uh I'm sorry if I do something that's wrong or something that's not the norm.

The "promo material" that Johnny posted earlier is fake. I did indeed originally say that the GL show would be about Kyle Rayner but that's wrong. Here's what I've gathered so far on the show:

* Budget is around 150m-170m, I heard.

* They haven't decided yet which Green Lantern to make it about

* The show doesn't even have a showrunner yet

So far, there are no plans to connect it to the Arrowverse or the movies. They're currently thinking about maybe connecting it to Titans. Titans and Doom Patrol are connected, but in the sense that they're on separate earths (so like Flash and Supergirl pre-crisis), Green Lantern would either be on the Titans earth or another universe. If you have any questions or want me to prove that I am who I am, please message me. You can also reach me on Reddit through u/Vullein070 and on Discord with Vullein070#0348

Welcome. And yes, I'm sure I pointed out that "promo art" was indeed fake.

I wonder if they'll work in Alan Scott. I know they had Jay on The Flash and Berlanti's original treatment for the GL movie had Alan in it.

All-New Member

Alan will most likely be in it. I remember when they were casting Alan Scott on Stargirl, they were told no several times about using Alan, before WB eventually let them. I am pretty sure now that that was because of this show.

Astonishing Member

Its been said that that this series will be more “inspired” by GL instead of “based” which makes me think this show will possibly be an original spin on the mythos using new characters and regulating the classic canon characters from the comics as either supporting players or cameos(i.e, HBO’s Watchmen).

I’m curious as to what direction they take with this series. If it really is an original spin on the mythos than I think the announcement of the series doesn’t make or break GL’s chances for making it to the big screen again seeing as this series may be going for a different approach all-together, leaving room for a more straightforward adaption of Green Lantern for the big screen with the canon comics characters taking the lead again.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

All-New Member

They just said "inspired" because they have no ide what it's going to be about now. They could do what you're saying, but they could also just be making it a GL show like normal. They haven't decided yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Its been said that that this series will be more “inspired” by GL instead of “based” which makes me think this show will possibly be an original spin on the mythos using new characters and regulating the classic canon characters from the comics as either supporting players or cameos(i.e, HBO’s Watchmen).

I’m curious as to what direction they take with this series. If it really is an original spin on the mythos than I think the announcement of the series doesn’t make or break GL’s chances for making it to the big screen again seeing as this series may be going for a different approach all-together, leaving room for a more straightforward adaption of Green Lantern for the big screen with the canon comics characters taking the lead again.
    I can't see an "original" take working so well when this is their big chance to finally present the GL mythos to a wider audience in live-action.

Heck, I would think Berlanti would want to get to do a proper Green Lantern and not something that might seem like GL in name only.

All-New Member

Berlanti doesn't get to decide that stuff, he's just a producer.