Page 24 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: DC on HBO Max

Wonder who the roster will be composed of, Zatanna I imagine for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Wonder who the roster will be composed of, Zatanna I imagine for one.
    Probably the mainstays of the original team, so Zee, Constantine, Etrigan/Jason Blood, and Deadman.

I don't think we'll see Swamp Thing in a TV show again so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably the mainstays of the original team, so Zee, Constantine, Etrigan/Jason Blood, and Deadman.

The roster will probably be characters who won’t require a huge budget. Zatanna, Constantine, Deadman, and Jason Blood are most likely. Jason turning into Etrigan can be done as often as John Jones turns into the Martian Manhunter on the Supergirl show. I’m sure Swamp Thing will show up but I kinda doubt he’ll be a regular member seeing as the actual Swamp Thing show was seen as too expensive.

I think Madame Xanadu could round out the cast. Plus her powers don’t require a lot of special effects. Traci 13 would be cool as a junior member. Maybe Black Orchid will be the stand in for Swamp Thing. Similar powers but requiring far less costume budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The roster will probably be characters who won’t require a huge budget. Zatanna, Constantine, Deadman, and Jason Blood are most likely. Jason turning into Etrigan can be done as often as John Jones turns into the Martian Manhunter on the Supergirl show. I’m sure Swamp Thing will show up but I kinda doubt he’ll be a regular member seeing as the actual Swamp Thing show was seen as too expensive.

I think Madame Xanadu could round out the cast. Plus her powers don’t require a lot of special effects. Traci 13 would be cool as a junior member. Maybe Black Orchid will be the stand in for Swamp Thing. Similar powers but requiring far less costume budget.
    Depending on how they use him, Phantom Stranger or The Spectre could be occasional guest stars.

Fantastic Member

It's not gonna be the JLD team as a tv series. It's gonna be some character that is gonna be in the eventual movie for JLD. It practically says that its set in the universe but it won't be the team in the press release.

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    It's not gonna be the JLD team as a tv series. It's gonna be some character that is gonna be in the eventual movie for JLD. It practically says that its set in the universe but it won't be the team in the press release.
    Not sure what would be point of that to be honest...

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

And he'd turn into Etrigan only at night or in abandoned warehouses... But that's if it were the WB. I have to imagine HBO Max will have a better budget. I would love to see Etrigan on tv, but I'd rather they get it right and only have him show up once or twice than have him on the team and get a mediocre version every episode for a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    And he'd turn into Etrigan only at night or in abandoned warehouses... But that's if it were the WB. I have to imagine HBO Max will have a better budget. I would love to see Etrigan on tv, but I'd rather they get it right and only have him show up once or twice than have him on the team and get a mediocre version every episode for a few minutes.
    Man, this reminds me of when people were speculating Jason Blood would join the Legends. Now I know that's for sure never going to happen .

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Depending on how they use him, Phantom Stranger or The Spectre could be occasional guest stars.
    Phantom Stranger would work great, but Spectre would need an insane amount of CGI to look good.

Retired

While DC/WB announcing a whole slate of movies that they couldn't deliver was a bad thing in the past, I think now they might as well spit-ball every possible show they can imagine. Because we all know none of these could get off the ground immediately and it might take several years for them to appear on our screens; they might as well send up as many trial balloons as they got, for everyone to dream over while we're all in isolations. I'll eat that pie in the sky, since I don't have any real pie in the fridge right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Phantom Stranger would work great, but Spectre would need an insane amount of CGI to look good.
    I'm getting bad flashbacks to how cheap The Spectre looked in Crisis .

Retired

Stephen Amell ain't cheap. He's prime Canadian beef.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Stephen Amell ain't cheap. He's prime Canadian beef.
    Oh yeah, Amell isn't. The costume though...

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Aw come on HBO. Let's re-use all those nice Westworld props/sets and give me Jonah Hex

Fantastic Member

Not sure what would be point of that to be honest...
    The same reason they’re we’re solo movies before Avengers. The Abrams/JLD was for both tv AND movies. They’re no way they’re sticking this big of a project on tv.