Page 39 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: DC on HBO Max

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I posted this in the tv thread but it’s appropriate here...surprising all apparently Guy Gardner is a loving father and husband.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...rn-bree-jarta/
    ...Everything sounded accurate right up until that point.

I'm guessing it's too much to expect the wife to be Ice. Kari Limbo?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I can see that for Tomasi's Guy. He's a softie at heart, and I can see him settling down with Tora eventually... But I doubt it'll be Tora, and if so likely in name only.

Interesting that Bree Jarta grew up on a different world.(a more "enlightened one") I'm intrigued by that, I just hope they don't use it as an excuse to be preachy about human society.

Is it me, or does Guy sound a bit like Robotman and Alan like Negative Man? (and with Jessica's mental health issues, she'd be the Crazy Jane) We only know a little so far, but I hope they don't just retread what Doom Patrol did so well. I mean, I guess they can't to the degree DP did since this show is supposedly going to be more general audience friendly.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-19-2020 at 07:13 PM.

Ava DuVernay’s DC Comic Adaptation ‘DMZ’ Picked Up by HBO Max

https://www.thewrap.com/dmz-comic-ad...awson-hbo-max/

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Interesting that Bree Jarta grew up on a different world.(a more "enlightened one") I'm intrigued by that, I just hope they don't use it as an excuse to be preachy about human society.

Is it me, or does Guy sound a bit like Robotman and Alan like Negative Man? (and with Jessica's mental health issues, she'd be the Crazy Jane) We only know a little so far, but I hope they don't just retread what Doom Patrol did so well. I mean, I guess they can't to the degree DP did since this show is supposedly going to be more general audience friendly.
    And GL will have to be more overt and "bigger" on the Superhero stuff.

Animaniacs just returned with much acclaim and there are of course a ton of pop culture references in each episode. Batman, Wonder Woman, Loony Tunes, Hanna Barbera, etc. Basically a celebration of many WB properties. And what streaming service is it on? Hulu. Kind of a kick in the groin to AT&T and their struggling HBO Max.
    Last edited by Robotman; 11-20-2020 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Animaniacs just returned with much acclaim and there are of course a ton of pop culture references in each episode. Batman, Wonder Woman, Loony Tunes, Hanna Barbera, etc. Basically a celebration of all many WB properties. And what streaming service is it on? Hulu. Kind of a kick in the groin to AT&T and their struggling HBO Max.
    Doesn't Disney technically own Hulu now?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Doesn't Disney technically own Hulu now?
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Basically a celebration of many WB properties. And what streaming service is it on? Hulu. Kind of a kick in the groin to AT&T and their struggling HBO Max.
    Well maybe the fee paid by Hulu was worth it to send it there versus HBO Max.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Well maybe the fee paid by Hulu was worth it to send it there versus HBO Max.
    I belive the deal was in the works for the revival bac during HBOMAX concept phase. If anything I doubt it gets renewed for more seasons

https://deadline.com/2020/12/hbo-max...mpression=true

We could be getting some more DC related content made for specific regions of the world!! My money is on Blue Beetle for Latin America (Fire too), Kenan Kong (and the JL of China) for Asia...etc so many possibilities!

Also The Suicide Squad will stream on HBO Max next year!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

We could be getting some more DC related content made for specific regions of the world!! My money is on Blue Beetle for Latin America (Fire too), Kenan Kong (and the JL of China) for Asia...etc so many possibilities!

Please, I know he had a whole YJ season dedicated to him but we need a BB cartoon.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I hope that while they're produced for local demographics, they're available to view world-wide, even if it's subtitled.

I'm kind of wondering what that will entail.

Would love to see Kenan and Blue Beetle get adapted. Also hoping this will lead to more DC heroes who aren’t American getting play.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Would love to see Kenan and Blue Beetle get adapted. Also hoping this will lead to more DC heroes who aren’t American getting play.
    Y'know, a Justice League of China show would actually make a lot of sense for this and they can even do it like the comic where they're all actually speaking Chinese with a few "shared" words in-between...