Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: DC on HBO Max

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    HBO Max has been a blessing for DC! So many lesser known characters are going to get a bunch of attention and new fans thanks to the opportunities HBO Max provides
    And I think going forward there will be some kind of cohesiveness with DC continuity and the DCEU. I don't think it will reach the heights of the MCU but I think there will be pockets of continuity existing. It's a little grating for continuity purists but, at least that's ssomething.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I would ask “why?!?” but I guess there are a lot of Gen Xers in charge of DC right now. So that probably has a lot to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Watch it be really good too lol
    Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    The last Wonder Twins series was pretty good. If it's half as good as that or Peacemaker, I'm in.

I'm hoping that they stick with the current reboot/maxi-series versions of Zan & Jayna, and not the Super Friends versions, even though they are the better known ones.

This is being discussed in the Wonder Twins Appreciation thread, if anyone wants to put up their opinions there.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-Thread-2022

Shifter and Downpour should get a mention. Those were the names they had in the JLU cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I would ask “why?!?” but I guess there are a lot of Gen Xers in charge of DC right now. So that probably has a lot to do with it.
    Hopefully because of a strong pitch from a good director attached to a script by a good writer. As reasons go, that one matters to me a million times more than the characters.

I like Collin Farrell, but I think the Catwoman miniseries would be far more interesting

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I like Collin Farrell, but I think the Catwoman miniseries would be far more interesting
    I don’t want to to empathize with a man like that, at least cena is funny

I only want to see Farrell with a trick umbrella and a monocle and top hat. Otherwise I don't care.

I wanna see him go up against the Court of Owls. Doing a Villian v Villian story would be fun.

Hey you know what I just realized? Peacemaker has a season 2 confirmed, but that’s after whatever crazy stuff that Flash is going to do and bring in Keaton’s Batman. How on earth will that work?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Hey you know what I just realized? Peacemaker has a season 2 confirmed, but that’s after whatever crazy stuff that Flash is going to do and bring in Keaton’s Batman. How on earth will that work?
    How does taking out Afflecks Batman change anything about Peacemaker apart from a reference here and there?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    How does taking out Afflecks Batman change anything about Peacemaker apart from a reference here and there?
    I mean if the universe changes then wouldn’t that change a lot of Peacemakers world? There would be a 70 year old Batman now training a 20 something Batgirl and a Supergirl.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I figured Gunn will just skip Flashpoint or reference it offhandedly.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I figured Gunn will just skip Flashpoint or reference it offhandedly.
    What like Peacemaker saying something like “I feel like something big happened while I wasn’t looking, like a universe rewrite” and then someone responds with “that’s stupid where did you read that one”
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I mean if the universe changes then wouldn’t that change a lot of Peacemakers world? There would be a 70 year old Batman now training a 20 something Batgirl and a Supergirl.
    No not really. Batman operated mainly in Gotham and was still very much in the shadows so doesn't change anything anything for Peacemaker. Changes JL but....I think we know they'll just ignore anything related to Afflecks version.