Page 54 of 71 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: DC on HBO Max

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I thought he dropped out?
    Yeah but they could always bring him back. I'm just more interested in him adapting JLD than Abrams. Maybe they could work together?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Yeah but they could always bring him back. I'm just more interested in him adapting JLD than Abrams. Maybe they could work together?
    Eh, I'd still rather get Del Toro's Mountain of Madness or Frankenstein (didn't he want to do Frankenstein?). Then again my interest in Justice League Dark is just in the characters solo. Like I want a Swamp Thing solo movie and a Zatanna solo. But JLD is just "oh yeah, I guess that's a thing..."

I'm kind of over Zatanna with the JLD so I hope they don't fall prey to a lot of the writing issues Zee has had with that group...especially around Constantine.

Eh, I'd still rather get Del Toro's Mountain of Madness or Frankenstein (didn't he want to do Frankenstein?). Then again my interest in Justice League Dark is just in the characters solo. Like I want a Swamp Thing solo movie and a Zatanna solo. But JLD is just "oh yeah, I guess that's a thing..."
    He probably does but he's doing Pinocchio right now. I have a soft spot for them so I'm up for it.

If we are getting Gotham spinoffs I want Gotham by Midnight. Task Force 13 investigating odd cases feels like AoS done better to me.

I think it would have been a smart move for them to do Teen Titans 6 as a launch series.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Would he work as well not written by Gunn or played by his actor, though?

I'm fine with it as long as they give him a different name than Adrian Chase.
    There’s a fan theory that Vigilante is actually autistic. He doesn’t really understand sarcasm, misses social cues, and states that he’s doesn’t feel emotions like other people. Individuals with autism obviously still feel emotions but some just process them differently.

Gunn’s version of Drax was similar.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-04-2022 at 10:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I really Hope batgirl can be a success. I think it’s great DC can retain a strong hyper realistic superhero franchise. But it’s important that this second earth of sorts
    Can thrive with other heroes to have more colorful adventures with different heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I think it would have been a smart move for them to do Teen Titans 6 as a launch series.
    Do you mean the cartoon's sixth season?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-05-2022 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I really Hope batgirl can be a success. I think it’s great DC can retain a strong hyper realistic superhero franchise. But it’s important that this second earth of sorts
    Can thrive with other heroes to have more colorful adventures with different heroes.
    I'm a bit confused. Batgirl isn't part of the "strong hyper realistic" superhero franchise of The Batman and Earth Two/2. It's part of the main DCEU with Aquaman and Wonder Woman and The Suicide Squad and everything else.

And the second earth doesn't need to thrive with other superheroes, it's just for The Batman and his villains. The other heroes still have the DCEU, except Superman who's getting his own reboot earth too.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    There’s a fan theory that Vigilante is actually autistic. He doesn’t really understand sarcasm, misses social cues, and states that he’s doesn’t feel emotions like other people. Individuals with autism obviously still feel emotions but some just process them differently.

Gunn’s version of Drax was similar.
    I can buy that. He's definitely "off" in terms of how he relates to and interacts with people.

Hopefully Gunn doesn't drag it out like he did with Drax.
    I'm a bit confused. Batgirl isn't part of the "strong hyper realistic" superhero franchise of The Batman and Earth Two/2. It's part of the main DCEU with Aquaman and Wonder Woman and The Suicide Squad and everything else.

And the second earth doesn't need to thrive with other superheroes, it's just for The Batman and his villains. The other heroes still have the DCEU, except Superman who's getting his own reboot earth too.
    I assume Rac7d* means hyper-realistic in terms of Batgirl and Firefly's costumes and looks (although I don't know if realism would beget a girl wearing purple to fight crime ) even if it's also a universe of Keaton's Batman, so presumably some of that Burton-eccentricism will carry over..or not, it's really hard to say at this point.

Fantastic Member

And this coming March 7th, TEEN TITANS GO! Season 7.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Do you mean the cartoon's sixth season?
    Right, something big off the bat, but, now that I think about it, perhaps HBO thought that by having just released movies on their platform it would carry them to getting a respectable audience.

I assume Rac7d* means hyper-realistic in terms of Batgirl and Firefly's costumes and looks (although I don't know if realism would beget a girl wearing purple to fight crime ) even if it's also a universe of Keaton's Batman, so presumably some of that Burton-eccentricism will carry over..or not, it's really hard to say at this point.
    I'd hardly call it "hyper realistic" because of the costumes. The Batgirl costume is straight from the comics, and Firefly's - I'm gonna be honest, I don't even know if he's got an iconic look to be honest, so eh. Film version looks cool at least. As for the "style" of the movie, can't really tell from costumes, just gonna have to wait until a trailer or something.

I'd hardly call it "hyper realistic" because of the costumes. The Batgirl costume is straight from the comics, and Firefly's - I'm gonna be honest, I don't even know if he's got an iconic look to be honest, so eh. Film version looks cool at least. As for the "style" of the movie, can't really tell from costumes, just gonna have to wait until a trailer or something.
    I know Batgirl is straight out of the comics, but like in the comics it's something that could more believably exist in real life.

I think Firefly definitely has an iconic look, although it's been very...malleable in adaptions.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Would he work as well not written by Gunn or played by his actor, though?

I'm fine with it as long as they give him a different name than Adrian Chase.
    I think he can still be "Adrian Chase" since the character is clearly delusional, so he may be an imitator taking Adrian's name and identity. I just don't want them to actually be the same person. A copycat is fine.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.