Page 56 of 71 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Thread: DC on HBO Max

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Again, he's not really that Adrian Chase, but doesn't mean he wouldn't be a great addition to a book or that he'd need to be called a different name. People do have the same name in real life after all.
    I'm just wondering if his style of humor would translate as well in comic form without the actor or Gunn's writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just wondering if his style of humor would translate as well in comic form without the actor or Gunn's writing.
    I mean, it's basically Deadpool minus the 4th wall breaking and if Wade was probably on the spectrum. So I think it'd work yeah. But again, writing.

I mean, it's basically Deadpool minus the 4th wall breaking and if Wade was probably on the spectrum. So I think it'd work yeah. But again, writing.
    Even Wade needs the right writer at times...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even Wade needs the right writer at times...
    True, hence why I added the writing bit at the end. If anything, writing is more important for the comic portrayals since there's no actor to cover bad writing with excellent line delivery.

True, hence why I added the writing bit at the end. If anything, writing is more important for the comic portrayals since there's no actor to cover bad writing with excellent line delivery.
    Hence comic Felicity Smoak, John Diggle, and Phil Coulson...

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I think he can still be "Adrian Chase" since the character is clearly delusional, so he may be an imitator taking Adrian's name and identity. I just don't want them to actually be the same person. A copycat is fine.
    For Some reason I thought of Adrian Grenier and have him come in and play Aquaman...Seems like something DC would do to mess things up.

Extraordinary Member

And there goes our batgirl movie

The Batman starts streaming on HBO Max April 19th.

Mighty Member

So just got HBO MAX. Love it. Am looking forward to watching The Batman coming out next month on there. So, with Black Adam, Aquaman 2 and The Flash getting delayed, wonder what they're going to do for content on MAX for the DC side. What if anything is the stopgap?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The Batman starts streaming on HBO Max April 19th.
    Im surprised they aren't holding it back longer

I've been bingeing (binging?) Harley Quinn while home sick today, and it's such a blast - maybe one of the best DC adaptations I've ever seen... and I'm not generally a big watcher of the DC or Marvel animated adaptations. The iconoclastic, supergross humor is a delight, of course, but as the show goes on, it becomes a pretty compelling story without diluting those qualities, especially when the arc of Harley & Ivy's relationship really gets intense in Season 2

Another favorite character arc, about which I have a question, is the Joker's in S2...

spoilers:
    ... where he almost dies and comes out of the hospital as an ordinary guy with total amnesia about his supervillain past. Question: Has that concept ever been handled in a serious way in the comics? There was a hint of that late in Snyder's run, but it didn't amount to much.
    end of spoilers

EDIT: Also, I love that the Riddler is voiced by Jim Rash, one of the all-time great TV comedy characters as the Dean in NBC's cult classic Community; and honestly, I think he'd be a great live-action Riddler.
    Jim_Rash.jpg
    Last edited by Yohei72; 03-09-2022 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    I've been bingeing (binging?) Harley Quinn while home sick today, and it's such a blast - maybe one of the best DC adaptations I've ever seen... and I'm not generally a big watcher of the DC or Marvel animated adaptations. The iconoclastic, supergross humor is a delight, of course, but as the show goes on, it becomes a pretty compelling story without diluting those qualities, especially when the arc of Harley & Ivy's relationship really gets intense in Season 2

Another favorite character arc, about which I have a question, is the Joker's in S2...

spoilers:
    ... where he almost dies and comes out of the hospital as an ordinary guy with total amnesia about his supervillain past. Question: Has that concept ever been handled in a serious way in the comics? There was a hint of that late in Snyder's run, but it didn't amount to much.
    end of spoilers

EDIT: Also, I love that the Riddler is voiced by Jim Rash, one of the all-time great TV comedy characters as the Dean in NBC's cult classic Community; and honestly, I think he'd be a great live-action Riddler.
    Jim_Rash.jpg
    Harley Quinn is an amazing show. Bane is absolutely hilarious!

I was really glad it showed how horrible and abusive the Joker was to Harley and hopefully puts an end to all the morons who think they’re a cute couple.

Still not a fan of Katie Cuoco voicing Harley but the rest of the show is so good I can overlook it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Harley Quinn is an amazing show. Bane is absolutely hilarious!

I was really glad it showed how horrible and abusive the Joker was to Harley and hopefully puts an end to all the morons who think they’re a cute couple.

Still not a fan of Katie Cuoco voicing Harley but the rest of the show is so good I can overlook it.
    I think the show still falls prey to trying to give Harley too much of a pass for the stuff she does and the crimes she commits just because of what happened to her...particularly when it gets to a point where they try to make her "take back" her origin by saying she was messed up and terrible even before she met Joker and he just gave her an excuse and outlet for her rage issues or when they do a flashback episode showing Harley seeing exactly how manipulative Joker can be and yet somehow she still fell for him like classic Harley.

I wonder if they might consider taking Justice League Action in with a slightly better budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Going Sane by JM DeMatis would be what you're looking for. Although it doesn't feature the Joker getting amnesia, it does feature him trying to live something resembling a normal life after he thinks he killed the Batman.
    end of spoilers

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly