Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Thread: DC on HBO Max

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Kite Man was a likable character in that show so a spinoff for him works especially with the characterization already defined. If it's a good pitch, then make the show. Luckily outside media like cartoons aren't comics. Any character with a good pitch can have a hit show like Peacemaker and you don't need to worry about comic book sales.

It's frustrating that people say comic media shouldn't exist if they aren't big names. There's no reason a show like Kite Man can't be a big success like Peacemaker other than people wanting their own character to get a chance.

A Kite Man cartoon doesn't take away from a different show. It's a spinoff of a very good Harley Quinn cartoon. It's not like the creators of that show were pitching a Wonder Woman show and WB chose Kite Man over it. If you launch well received properties, they should get spinoffs. That is very normal and comic sales should be irrelevant. Especially in 2022 when comic sales are in the dump. More people will probably watch Kite Man episode 1 than people will read the next Batman issue.
    If it didn't seem like WB scuttled good pitches in general (like the Superman Family cartoon at the height of Rebirth) or turned every Wonder Woman pitch into an animated movie because they still don't think she can hold a cartoon despite how well her movie did, I don't think people would complain as much.

I never said it had anything to do with comic sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like 2-3 seasons might even be a stretch here...
    I don't see why it would be. I trust that the show writers can easily pull it off. I mean they have for Harley Quinn, I don't think that they will have a problem here. I mean, it basically sounds like a supervillain version of Cheers, if they can't make a couple of good seasons on that then they'd have to be the worst writers in the world. Sounds more like your not personally interested so can't see how it could work and interest a large enough audience to be successful.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like 2-3 seasons might even be a stretch here...
    Static was a character with only 45 solo issues. Yet he got 4 seasons and would have had more if he got a toyline.

Now look at how many folks with everything in the world that got bypass for him.

And in all reality you really only need 65 episodes for syndication or you can be like most UK shows that only do 4-6 -8 episodes a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't see why it would be. I trust that the show writers can easily pull it off. I mean they have for Harley Quinn, I don't think that they will have a problem here. I mean, it basically sounds like a supervillain version of Cheers, if they can't make a couple of good seasons on that then they'd have to be the worst writers in the world. Sounds more like your not personally interested so can't see how it could work and interest a large enough audience to be successful.
    I think HQ as a character and premise lends itself to success better than a spinoff with Kite-Man running a bar, but that's just me. I'll check it out all the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Static was a character with only 45 solo issues. Yet he got 4 seasons and would have had more if he got a toyline.

Now look at how many folks with everything in the world that got bypass for him.

And in all reality you really only need 65 episodes for syndication or you can be like most UK shows that only do 4-6 -8 episodes a season.
    I wouldn't compare Kite-Man running a bar as a HQ spinoff to Static.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Im surprised that they havent put it on HBO Max yet and created a new JL toon.
    I don’t see why they don’t just renew one of the old ones for another season.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'm probably showing my age on this but are they ever going to release Titans season 3 or Young Justice season 4 on DVD or is it solely streaming now? I know the first two seasons of Titans were released on DVD and so was season 4 of YJ. Have they just stopped doing that?
    Assassinate Putin!

I have heard somebody mention Wonder Woman being the only Trinity member not to have a TAS to her credit and I have to say that is definitely something they should correct ASAP.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'm probably showing my age on this but are they ever going to release Titans season 3 or Young Justice season 4 on DVD or is it solely streaming now? I know the first two seasons of Titans were released on DVD and so was season 4 of YJ. Have they just stopped doing that?
    Young Justice season 4 hasn't concluded yet (the first three episodes of the second half is dropping tomorrow) and since Google tells me Young Justice season 3 got a DVD release, I don't see why the fourth season wouldn't also get one.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I have heard somebody mention Wonder Woman being the only Trinity member not to have a TAS to her credit and I have to say that is definitely something they should correct ASAP.
    Even Plastic Man got an animated series before WW...

I keep forgetting about that. Was it any good? Is it streaming anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I keep forgetting about that. Was it any good? Is it streaming anywhere?
    Far as I can tell, no...

Well..he's pretty cool.
    Now if Elongated Man gets one, could be time for alarm.

Extraordinary Member

Young justice was pretty good
    I see two potential outcomes

Suprised how little Garth appeared, but remembering timeline he was on surface during the crisis, How much does he split his time I wonder.

An Elongated Man Crime Noir series would be awesome!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I think the issues holding up Wonder Woman are

1) how do you pay for it? Will it be a show that does not need toy sales like He-Man, YJ & Static needed.

2) Will they do seasons or go back to the old way of 65 episodes and call it a day unless ratings say otherwise. Disney axed a lot of shows because of that 65 episode rule until that So Raven.

3) If you are doing merch-who else beside WW will be in it? One of the major issues of a female lead show NOT named She-Ra was the lack of female villains or villains' in general.

I think funding is the barrier for the her than anything else.