Page 28 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: DC on HBO Max

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I specified "often." King Shark and Grodd are usually one-season wonders and they try to avoid showing J'onn's martian form if they can help it.

Really? It definitely seems more cinematic in terms of direction and effects to me. Especially the brief shots we get of the JSA's last stand.
    And all we've seen of Stargirl is trailers for probably the pilot episode - kind of too early to say we'll see Stripe "often". How often that robot gets any screen time is pure speculation.

Really. The flashes of Stripe we've seen look no better than CW's effects to me. He's very plastic-y CGI looking in my opinion.

Retired

I love the old STARS AND S.T.R.I.P.E. comic book and the cartoony style of art that Lee Moder used for that series. Reminded me of the Saturday morning cartoon from the 1960s, FRANKENSTEIN JR.

Although Pat wasn't a robot, he was just a guy in a tin can suit.

Now I'm wishing they had made an animated series, dang.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    And all we've seen of Stargirl is trailers for probably the pilot episode - kind of too early to say we'll see Stripe "often". How often that robot gets any screen time is pure speculation.
    I think we've seen up to the third or fourth episode, actually. Aside from the JSA vs Injustice Society stuff which is probably way later in the series.
    Really. The flashes of Stripe we've seen look no better than CW's effects to me. He's very plastic-y CGI looking in my opinion.
    Maybe it's because I've seen the physical STRIPE prop they got but I just don't see it as very plastic-y CGI-wise.

I think we've seen up to the third or fourth episode, actually. Aside from the JSA vs Injustice Society stuff which is probably way later in the series.

Maybe it's because I've seen the physical STRIPE prop they got but I just don't see it as very plastic-y CGI-wise.
    Hard to say. But there wasn't a whole lot of Stripe, no more than an appearance in one episode. Just don't go throwing the word often just yet.

And to each their own. I haven't seen the prop, but what I've seen on my tv isn't what I'd consider movie quality, unless maybe that movie was made in Japan or something.

Extraordinary Member

I was going post this a few days ago but check out this review.
    Stargirl DC CW REVIEW

It was posted here as well.
    Stargirl TV Show
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-TV-Show/page8
    Last edited by mace11; 04-24-2020 at 04:46 AM.

edited - post belongs in another thread
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-24-2020 at 05:33 AM.

And Flash, Green Arrow, Supergirl, and Batwoman don't deserve better? Or the average CW viewer deserves less?

A lot of people, myself included, enjoy the CW shows. All this talk about Stargirl deserving better treatment than the lowly CW, the CW not being "quality" entertainment (isn't the only measure for quality entertainment that it in fact entertains?), and that Stargirl would be better received on a "better" platform is frankly a bit elitist and condescending here. I don't mind that the CW isn't for everyone, it isn't, and it's fine to wish and speculate for it to be on a different network - but please don't put down the shows I choose to watch as if I must be a hormonal teenager to enjoy them.

(Sorry if I took this a bit personally, but I hate this "arbiter of quality" ****.)
    A lot of us used to watched CW shows for years, we are not being elitist. The quality of these shows has just gotten too unacceptable for some of us, I would say in the last two years or so, its gotten really bad. They stretched themselves too thin, with too many DC shows. They stopped carrying about quality and started caring more about quantity. Look at the ratings, most of these shows are no longer getting 1 million viewers, hence the budgets keeps getting cut. Thats a network that no longer cares about whats its putting out, wouldnt be surprised if they go bankrupt very soon. The content is also not that good anymore, they are moving more and more far away from comics. Meanwhile the DC Universe shows, including that bizzare Harley Quinn show, very much feel like DCU themed shows.

Yes, in my eyes, Stargirl looks far better from the promos seen so far, it just looks like they put some respectable budget in it. 4-5 years ago, CW would have been a good home for Stargirl but not now. Thats was so frustrating, Season 1 was made by DC Universe but what happens with season 2?, will the show be sold to CW and given a shoe string budget like the rest of their shows? Who knows. The fate of DC Universe app, is up in the air with HBO Max coming, just wish we would get a clear answer on that.
    Last edited by HunterX; 04-26-2020 at 02:40 PM.

Greg [Berlanti, who is producing a Green Lantern series for Max] has done a lot of really quality DC fare for The CW. These will not be that. These will be next step up in production value. You can expect the highest level of cinematic production values on those shows, and that's the same for the projects we've announced with J.J. [Abrams].
    https://screenrant.com/green-lantern...-show-quality/

I wonder how he will manage to turn Green Lantern into a Batman show.

I feel like this will be more Stargirl then Supergirl.

They just better not make the costume all CGI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    I wonder how he will manage to turn Green Lantern into a Batman show.
    I think that was more on Guggenheim then Berlanti.

I feel like this will be more Stargirl then Supergirl.

They just better not make the costume all CGI.

I think that was more on Guggenheim then Berlanti.
    I just want the costumes to be entirely green. No white gloves!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Oh no, I thought this would have a different production team behind it.

I just want the costumes to be entirely green. No white gloves!
    White gloves would only make sense on Jessica.

White gloves would only make sense on Jessica.
    Say that to some Hal fans...

Say that to some Hal fans...
    The Hal fans I know are pretty uniformly against white gloves .