Thread: DC on HBO Max

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Honestly that’s completely ridiculous to me. Using super speed once wouldn’t plunge the world to chaos. Hell the Flash did it in that universe. Worst case scenerio if he didn’t want to become a public hero, he’d have to lay low for a while and it would eventually be dismissed as a hoax. To add to the absurdity of that movies backwards ethical logic, Clark then proceeded to use his powers publicly repeatedly after that until a journalist started to notice. So yeah he was just protecting his own lifestyle when he let his dad die. The selfless thing would be *gasp* get the old man away from the freaking tornado. Even if that means giving up “Clark Kent.” Letting other people sacrifice their well being for your secrets is selfish and honestly pathetic. Any other Superman would have saved Jonathan. I also don’t mean any disrespect, I respect your opinion, but there is a reason why audiences were indifferent when Doomsday killed him.
    He can't use things he doesn't have. Superspeed at that level is a justice league thing. Clark was a young adult when pa died.So,clark jumps in. Somebody records it with mobile. People have reacted much worse,from much little thing. I doubt it would be dismissed as a hoax. It has every possibility to blow up in everyones face. Because, chances of clark as person will be known and will bring attention . No, clark was tired of hiding who he is. He hated his lifestyle. Did you even listen to the arguments between clark and pa? So, your logic is clark did not save pa for something he hates which in this case is his lifestyle . that is clearly selfish /s
    You can only make selfish choices regarding something you want, desire or love. Not something you despise.no, everyother superman wouldn't have saved pa. Clark has taken utilitarian choices in comics. He has chosen to let go of lois or anyone he holds dear to stop a bigger catastrophe.

No, it doesn't back peddle. He never once used his powers in a way that publicly. He saved everyone in his hobo avatar with fake identities. Lois was only able to track down clark only because she was lois lane. Clark can't help, but help people. It's his innate nature. Movie even makes it clear, when clark wears the cape as a kid and pa sees it. Pa knew that, it was inevitable.pa knew that clark being great is inevitable.the question was always whether he will be good or a bad one? Pa just wanted to curb his nature for the greater good.Everything is pretty easy to follow and laid out. I don't understand why it's hard to follow. I would understand it not working for you. But, that isn't your gripe. You are questioning the logic. And the logic is fairly well done. Philosophy as blunt as it is has a background . Clark can't be pure utilitarian. It's not his instinct. Clark can and will dissappear without traise even lois can't catch. He just decided to trust lois because lois trusted clark.

As for not feeling anything when doomsday killed him. I am not going to tell you what to feel. That would be stupid. But, you alone don't make the entirety of the audience.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-26-2019 at 03:22 PM.