Page 22 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: DC on HBO Max

I think Jessica, Hal and John are all on close to even footing as far as mainstream exposure is concern.
    Kyle and Guy are both far behind them, and this is coming from someone who loves Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    She's a fairly new character so I wouldn't call her exactly on the map because a kid's show features her
    Kyle
    Hal
    John

Those are the Lanterns that people should at least be somewhat aware of as they get name dropped and featured in other media the most
    I disagree. It’s Hal, John and Jessica. Jessica has Dc superhero girls (both the YT show and the CN show), and as a result has a ton of merchandise (dolls, blankets, action figures...ets). She was also the main character in an animated DTV recently and has appeared in several of the mobile games. What has Kyle popped up in? At least Guy has Brave and the Bold and YJ (though Jessica will likely appear there soon too).
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I think Jessica, Hal and John are all on close to even footing as far as mainstream exposure is concern.
    Kyle and Guy are both far behind them, and this is coming from someone who loves Guy.
    Yeah. Hal had his own series, is in DC Superhero Girls, the Lego movies, the DC animated movies, and was in Justice League Action, Superhero Team: Galactic Guardians, Challenge of the Superfriends, The Superman/Aquaman Hour, etc, John was in JLU and one of the Lego movies, and Jessica is in DC Superhero Girls and Justice League vs. The Fatal Five.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    She's a fairly new character so I wouldn't call her exactly on the map because a kid's show features her
    Kyle
    Hal
    John

Those are the Lanterns that people should at least be somewhat aware of as they get name dropped and featured in other media the most
    Kyle? No way, when was the last time he even has shown up in outside media? The 90s DCAU Superman cartoon? Kyle and Simon pretty much don’t exist in terms of public awareness. Hal has the comics, multiple animated appearances, video games, and even that terrible movie. John is second behind Hal since he hasn’t shown up in live action yet. Jess has shown up in various animated projects so she is third. Guy is in YJ the cartoon and was in Batman: Brave & the Bold so I’d say he’s fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Might be kilowog and Tomar Re.
    They'll definitely be in it.

Like, the most iconic alien GL's are Kilowog, Tomar-Re, and Salaak. Unless they don't have the budget (which they should), we should see a lot of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Kyle? No way, when was the last time he even has shown up in outside media? The 90s DCAU Superman cartoon? Kyle and Simon pretty much don’t exist in terms of public awareness. Hal has the comics, multiple animated appearances, video games, and even that terrible movie. John is second behind Hal since he hasn’t shown up in live action yet. Jess has shown up in various animated projects so she is third. Guy is in YJ the cartoon and was in Batman: Brave & the Bold so I’d say he’s fourth.
    Guy was also in GL:TAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hal was in Batman: Brave & The Bold as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Guy was also in GL:TAS.
    Guy was also the GL for one of those DC Lego movies FWIW...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    True! I forgot about that.

Both times voiced by Diedrich Bader .

Retired

I hope "Justice League Dark" is just a working title and not something WB/Bad Robot actually intend to use as a label for their movies and TV shows. It might work for the comics, but it won't work so well for live action shows, since the only live action "Justice League" that's well-known to the public is the movie. To them a Dark Justice League is what BVS promised. It's not going to have the right association with Deadman, Zatanna, Constantine, Swamp Thing, the Demon, Phantom Stranger, Madame Xanadu.

Ideally, they would use the Vertigo rubric for all the DC supernatural projects--but DC seems to have abandoned Vertigo--so I think they should call it "House of Mystery." They could do an anthology program on HBO Max, where they present different character individually and then team them up in the end (in the way of Marvel's Netflix series).

Speaking in general, it's interesting to constantly see people's lack of imagination as a criticism of a project's premise. Just because one can't imagine something being good based on very little information doesn't mean that it can't be. The people paid to write and create these shows do and that's why they're paid to do it. Do they always succeed? No, but it's silly to me to for any of us to dismiss something based on how you'd imagine it playing out. In other words, "I can't imagine that being good" doesn't equal, "that's a crappy idea."
    Well said.

I vividly remember how confident I was that the Iron Man movie was going to be terrible because I couldn't imagine it being good. It is a constant source of amusement to me how wrong that turned out to be.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Speculation: Arrow's Diggle could be the HBO's GL: https://twitter.com/thomas_polito/st...79951497515008

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Speculation: Arrow's Diggle could be the HBO's GL: https://twitter.com/thomas_polito/st...79951497515008
    I know a lot of people would not like this.

(I wouldn't mind, but...)

The way people just ruin memes to the point that it actually becomes a thing in real life.
    Diggle should not be GL. I love David Ramsey but a joke is a joke and him being John Diggle Stewart is stretching it a bit

Amazing Member

I think we'll be seeing several new shows after the Crisis of Infinite Earths during the cross over between Flash,Supergirl, The Arrow. The end showed and teased Green Lantern, StarGirl, Titans, Doom Patrol. After seeing the teaser for these characters I immediately thought that we will be seeing a new show, the one I want to see the most is a Green Lantern show. Though it will cost probably several million an episode for CGI of the constructs that Green Lantern creates and the villians, I want to see David Ramsey as John Stewart