Page 23 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: DC on HBO Max

Retired

Well he is John Diggle Stewart because his military step-father is Roy Stewart. On Earth-Prime, it would be great if Roy Stewart was Lynn Stewart's father. They were dropping hints that John could be the GL well before Elseworlds. So it's not like fans were reacting to nothing.

Since there's plans for an HBO Max Green Lantern series, it seems unlikely that David Ramsey would get to be a GL in the Arrowverse. But since he and Lyla are moving to Metropolis, if they were to appear on the new CW Superman show, I think there's a better chance that John could be a GL on there--for two reasons, one being that DC's big two seem to have a lot more pull for their shows and the other being that a Superman series is likely to get a much bigger budget for effects. I can see WB giving Superman everything in the cookie jar for his series--including Green Lanterns and New Gods.

That's still a stretch, he doesn't carry Roy's last name at all nor does his brother I believe. If it's just a one-off Arrowverse thing oh well, as much as I don't like it but, in terms of the GL show Ramsey shouldn't be John Stewart.

It feels... disrespectful, especially with Diggle being a character in the comics now.

Honestly, I can't imagine HBO taking anything from the Arrowverse.

But stranger things have happened, I guess...

He obviously will not be in the HBO show which I expect to be in a different continuity than the CW shows. But I definitely think he'll cameo as the main GL in all CW shows. So, CW GL not HBO, and a supporting character without his own show

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    He obviously will not be in the HBO show which I expect to be in a different continuity than the CW shows. But I definitely think he'll cameo as the main GL in all CW shows. So, CW GL not HBO, and a supporting character without his own show
    Would GL John and his family move to Oa the way Clark moved to Argo to get him out of the way? Or maybe the Arrowverse GL power rings just won't be nearly as powerful as in the comics. (makes sense since Kryptonians don't seem to be either)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Would GL John and his family move to Oa the way Clark moved to Argo to get him out of the way? Or maybe the Arrowverse GL power rings just won't be nearly as powerful as in the comics. (makes sense since Kryptonians don't seem to be either)
    I've seen some speculation that they might be testing the waters for Power Ring effects when you look at how they depict Dreamer's powers on Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Probably they'll still move to Metropolis like they were doing, he'll just be like Martian Manhunter in terms of how often he gets to fight on screen.

How likely do you think it is that the existing DC Universe originals, besides the already confirmed Doom Patrol, migrate to HBO Max entirely?

Titans
    Young Justice
    Harley Quinn
    BizarroTV

They've spoke about how they're trying to figure out the situation regarding DC Universe being redundant next to HBO Max. Apparently, they only launched DC Universe just before AT&T bought Time Warner and rebranded them as WarnerMedia, and the guys upstairs were really confused as to why they launched a niche service when AT&T was planning a gigantic one. It wouldn't surprise me if all this stuff just moved there, especially because they can market all these shows as Max Originals.

Doom Patrol was announced to be renewed for HBO Max while simultaneously streaming on DC Universe, but what's telling is that HBO Max not only has existing movies and shows that aren't on DC Universe, but they also have originals made just for HBO Max like Green Lantern and Strange Adventures. They could easily have said "all Max Original DC shows will be streaming on DC Universe" but they haven't bothered. Also keep in mind that Doom Patrol was the first DC show announced for Max; the ones that came after made no mention of DCU.

It kind of goes against DCU being the all in one place for DC content.

Stargirl is also telling. When first announced, they made it clear it was a DC Universe Original. Then later they announced it was airing on The CW just a day after DCU, and all the marketing plays it up as a CW show with not a single DCU logo to be found. It'll probably stream on HBO Max, just like all other Warner-made CW shows going forward. Also, there's Swamp Thing, where tax stuff made it too expensive to produce and it got cancelled immediately. On a bigger service, it may not have been such an issue.

Personally, they could do great if they just made DC Universe a comic only app with the forum stuff, with no shows on it, making it directly equivalent to Marvel Unlimited. It's just not an app that can support multi-million dollar productions. Not sure if DCU is a failure, it's just completely redundant with HBO Max coming out. I know many DCU subscribers are planning to leave it for Max.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Probably they'll still move to Metropolis like they were doing, he'll just be like Martian Manhunter in terms of how often he gets to fight on screen.
    I could see Diggle becoming the Arrowverse equivalent of Alan Scott during his Sentinel phase, where he has the power of the green flame/energy but not a ring to channel it through.

Incredible Member

Oh wow, that's big.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    Oh wow, that's big.
    Not as big as the original plan for a theatrical film, but probably a safer bet.

Sorry, double post.

The JL movie flopping probably made it hard to get the studio to commit to another movie with "Justice League" in the title...

Really excited about this one. Probably won't happen, but it'd be awesome if they brought back Derek Mears as Swamp Thing.

I wanna be exited for this, but JJ Abrams, ugh.