Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 339
  1. #61
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Honestly that’s completely ridiculous to me. Using super speed once wouldn’t plunge the world to chaos. Hell the Flash did it in that universe. Worst case scenerio if he didn’t want to become a public hero, he’d have to lay low for a while and it would eventually be dismissed as a hoax. To add to the absurdity of that movies backwards ethical logic, Clark then proceeded to use his powers publicly repeatedly after that until a journalist started to notice. So yeah he was just protecting his own lifestyle when he let his dad die. The selfless thing would be *gasp* get the old man away from the freaking tornado. Even if that means giving up “Clark Kent.” Letting other people sacrifice their well being for your secrets is selfish and honestly pathetic. Any other Superman would have saved Jonathan. I also don’t mean any disrespect, I respect your opinion, but there is a reason why audiences were indifferent when Doomsday killed him.
    He can't use things he doesn't have. Superspeed at that level is a justice league thing. Clark was a young adult when pa died.So,clark jumps in. Somebody records it with mobile. People have reacted much worse,from much little thing. I doubt it would be dismissed as a hoax. It has every possibility to blow up in everyones face. Because, chances of clark as person will be known and will bring attention . No, clark was tired of hiding who he is. He hated his lifestyle. Did you even listen to the arguments between clark and pa? So, your logic is clark did not save pa for something he hates which in this case is his lifestyle . that is clearly selfish /s
    You can only make selfish choices regarding something you want, desire or love. Not something you despise.no, everyother superman wouldn't have saved pa. Clark has taken utilitarian choices in comics. He has chosen to let go of lois or anyone he holds dear to stop a bigger catastrophe.

    No, it doesn't back peddle. He never once used his powers in a way that publicly. He saved everyone in his hobo avatar with fake identities. Lois was only able to track down clark only because she was lois lane. Clark can't help, but help people. It's his innate nature. Movie even makes it clear, when clark wears the cape as a kid and pa sees it. Pa knew that, it was inevitable.pa knew that clark being great is inevitable.the question was always whether he will be good or a bad one? Pa just wanted to curb his nature for the greater good.Everything is pretty easy to follow and laid out. I don't understand why it's hard to follow. I would understand it not working for you. But, that isn't your gripe. You are questioning the logic. And the logic is fairly well done. Philosophy as blunt as it is has a background . Clark can't be pure utilitarian. It's not his instinct. Clark can and will dissappear without traise even lois can't catch. He just decided to trust lois because lois trusted clark.

    As for not feeling anything when doomsday killed him. I am not going to tell you what to feel. That would be stupid. But, you alone don't make the entirety of the audience.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-26-2019 at 03:22 PM.

  2. #62
    Incredible Member OpaqueGiraffe17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    881

    Default

    And yet Barry saving someone in his BvS cameo didn’t start WW3 and neither did Clark saving people on that oil rig. I don’t see what him being in hobo mode has to do with anything. A man using superpowers is a man using superpowers.
    Another thing, I think that super speed thing is just speculation on your part, but it’s a non issue regardless. Clark said he let him die, so that means one way or another he could have saved him if he wanted to.
    Anyway general consensus, Superman’s death fell flat for a lot of people.
    As for having an in depth conversation about philosophy and the Snyder dc movies.... Yeah, I’m not touching that. And I’ve lead this thread off topic enough.
    Hell I don’t even like particularly Hoechlin as Superman, not much anyway. The Cavill movies-and the Routh one, are just really low bars for me.

  3. #63
    Mighty Member Hybrid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    ... I feel like this has drifted way off topic.

  4. #64
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    And yet Barry saving someone in his BvS cameo didn’t start WW3 and neither did Clark saving people on that oil rig. I don’t see what him being in hobo mode has to do with anything. A man using superpowers is a man using superpowers.
    Another thing, I think that super speed thing is just speculation on your part, but it’s a non issue regardless. Clark said he let him die, so that means one way or another he could have saved him if he wanted to.
    Anyway general consensus, Superman’s death fell flat for a lot of people.
    As for having an in depth conversation about philosophy and the Snyder dc movies.... Yeah, I’m not touching that. And I’ve lead this thread off topic enough.
    Hell I don’t even like particularly Hoechlin as Superman, not much anyway. The Cavill movies-and the Routh one, are just really low bars for me.
    It got recorded didn't it. That to got into the hands of lex and the government knows. In clarks case, government would react much worse than for a standard meta human.
    Him being hobo isn't my argument. Clark used fake ids and travel the globe with out staying in one place. That's him keeping his promise to pa and keeping it low.tracking a person like that is hard. Barry was staying in one place. Heck! He was copped up in his place alone.
    No, it isn't my speculation. Clark couldn't fly nor do time stopping thing speedsters do.clark was at that point basically at goldenage levels . Justice league is the first time clark shoved that ability. Heck! Even his heat vision was hard to control in his prior levels . Movie makes it pretty clear clark even had trouble breathing and other simple function. Seeing every frequency of light is basically being blind. Same goes for sound as well. Clark had to hone his senses. It took years. Clark was naturally born. Zod on the otherhand was genetically engineered supersoldier and trained to be the best.he could easily do things clark can't dream of.
    I haven't seen any poll with enough sample size on the death to make that claim .but,the death did feel undercooked for me. I will say that. Clark clearly didn't have enough screen time. Snyder basically, put all the adventures of superman as montages and newspaper clippings. That is not enough for me. He needed more screen time.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-26-2019 at 04:02 PM.

  5. #65
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    And bring Krypton back too, that show is the best Superman related thing in a long time.
    One of the shows i see in the first page is Adam Strange.
    Maybe it's same adam strange from the show krypton.
    Maybe the show krypton may return on hbo max or not but if not they could finish the krypton's story from the second season in adam strange or lobo.
    If there is a Lobo and adam strange show i think will be the krypton universe show.

  6. #66
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,305

    Default

    Some of those new dc shows should be just limited series like they doing so far at disney plus.
    Blue beetle,adam strange,metal men and more so green lantern should be limited series or movies on the streaming service.
    Both hbo max and disney plus could have new dc and marvel movies as well in future.

  7. #67
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    He can't use things he doesn't have. Superspeed at that level is a justice league thing. Clark was a young adult when pa died.So,clark jumps in. Somebody records it with mobile. People have reacted much worse,from much little thing. I doubt it would be dismissed as a hoax. It has every possibility to blow up in everyones face. Because, chances of clark as person will be known and will bring attention . No, clark was tired of hiding who he is. He hated his lifestyle. Did you even listen to the arguments between clark and pa? So, your logic is clark did not save pa for something he hates which in this case is his lifestyle . that is clearly selfish /s
    You can only make selfish choices regarding something you want, desire or love. Not something you despise.no, everyother superman wouldn't have saved pa. Clark has taken utilitarian choices in comics. He has chosen to let go of lois or anyone he holds dear to stop a bigger catastrophe.

    No, it doesn't back peddle. He never once used his powers in a way that publicly. He saved everyone in his hobo avatar with fake identities. Lois was only able to track down clark only because she was lois lane. Clark can't help, but help people. It's his innate nature. Movie even makes it clear, when clark wears the cape as a kid and pa sees it. Pa knew that, it was inevitable.pa knew that clark being great is inevitable.the question was always whether he will be good or a bad one? Pa just wanted to curb his nature for the greater good.Everything is pretty easy to follow and laid out. I don't understand why it's hard to follow. I would understand it not working for you. But, that isn't your gripe. You are questioning the logic. And the logic is fairly well done. Philosophy as blunt as it is has a background . Clark can't be pure utilitarian. It's not his instinct. Clark can and will dissappear without traise even lois can't catch. He just decided to trust lois because lois trusted clark.

    As for not feeling anything when doomsday killed him. I am not going to tell you what to feel. That would be stupid. But, you alone don't make the entirety of the audience.
    I guess it could may be selfless to let his dad die if it was to protect something really important.

    However, his secret identity doesn't seem enough for that. It's presented like it could bring problem for him, but it doesn't seem enough.

    Also, the main problem is doesn't look heroic at all. For many people, Superman is someone who does not compromise his ideals (such as saving an innocent life if he can do so) just because that would bring "problems".
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-26-2019 at 04:56 PM.

  8. #68
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    ... I feel like this has drifted way off topic.
    Lmao yep. I apologize, ask a mod to get people back on topic.

  9. #69
    Incredible Member OpaqueGiraffe17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    881

    Default

    Yeah, my bad fellas

  10. #70

    Default

    I wouldn't mind HBO doing a Question series or adapting Warren Ellis/Jon Davis Hunt's The Wild Storm.

    I rather see them adapt lesser-known heroes or Elseworlds than tackle the Big 7.

    They should definitely revive Constanstine.

  11. #71
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I wouldn't mind HBO doing a Question series or adapting Warren Ellis/Jon Davis Hunt's The Wild Storm.

    I rather see them adapt lesser-known heroes or Elseworlds than tackle the Big 7.

    They should definitely revive Constanstine.
    Doule-YES to The Question (Vic). Make it philosophical, make it challenging, make it political, and have Vic beat the crap out of people.

    At this point, I'd rather a "relaunch" to Constantine with a different actor and backstory, etc. (not sure if you meant keeping the current version when you say "revive," but that's my 2 cents)

  12. #72
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I guess it could may be selfless to let his dad die if it was to protect something really important.

    However, his secret identity doesn't seem enough for that. It's presented like it could bring problem for him, but it doesn't seem enough.

    Also, the main problem is doesn't look heroic at all. For many people, Superman is someone who does not compromise his ideals (such as saving an innocent life if he can do so) just because that would bring "problems".
    I am sorry for taking this thread in a different direction.
    Last reply, its not meant to look be heroic. He is essentially failing someone. He is letting someone go. It isn't comprise to his ideals. Why people saying that? His pa's ideals are the reason he did it. Otherwise his base instinct is to help him and everyone . If watch see dbz, do you think gohan's ideals are compromised when he let goku go with an exploding cell? For me, no. Its basically the similar situation.

    Secret identity isn't. Worlds reaction and aftermath is. It is pretty much guaranteed it wouldn't be just "problems". There might even be more deaths. Countries might even go to war for getting the "superman" asset.so, more death than the one he saved in his entrie life. The only reason it didn't happen is because superman is a loose canon that doesn't belong to any country.Is seen as such. Snyder's world is very much like our own. No way it will react positively to something like superman. Religious fundamentalists would have a field day. You don't what kind of horrors those guys are doing because of just trivial things.Entire populations are being cleansed .
    As for his average folks, General public would be scared of him. And You should be. clark is very much a vigilante, every version of him. He is dangerous . On top of that, he is an alien with powers and glowing eyes. Clark doesn't need a bat costume for striking fear. But, clark tries to go the opposite route. He wears colourful costumes. He doesn't wear a mask. He smiles to help the needful feel safe. But, Clark will always have an uphill battle as is. He will always have that fear element to him.
    Clark was clearly not ready for that at that moment(pa saving) . A clark that is not ready to face the world is pretty much guaranteed disaster. Case it, look at what happened in later in the movie. He wasn't ready. He wrecked both smallville and Metropolis. Pa foresaw that.

  13. #73
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I'm sure you know better... I may not be an expert on Superman, but I love and respect him. I don't think the CW respect him, and I'm hardly alone thinking that.
    Campea also thinks Man of Steel is the best Superman movie ever so I wouldn't put a lot of stock in his opinion.

  14. #74
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Campea also thinks Man of Steel is the best Superman movie ever so I wouldn't put a lot of stock in his opinion.
    So,which is the best superman movie? Christopher reeve was the best for its time. But, it hasn't aged well. The truth is we haven't had an excellent adaptation of superman in decades. Considering, the things we have been given.his opinion is perfectly valid.welling was a good clark that too hasn't aged well.

  15. #75

    Default

    I'd wanna see JL gods and monsters get an animated series. It was perfect for Adult Swim.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •