Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 339
  1. #121
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Good luck to translating the GL mythos on the small screen. I'm really interested to see how they're gonna tackle it. They're going to have to put some good talent and money behind to get people back into this franchise especially if they're using Hal.

    Don't care about Adam Strange but whatever.
    According to the initial rumors they would be using Kyle. I don't see why using Hal would make things more difficult though, he's hardly the first character who's been in a bad movie and it's been a long time since the Ryan Reynolds debacle. In my mind WB kind of owes this character an apology. Personally, I'm hoping there's multiple human Lanterns, but the show will apparently be called "Green Lantern" and not "Green Lantern Corps". In any event here's hoping they do it justice, whatever direction they choose to go in.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-29-2019 at 05:00 PM.

  2. #122
    Astonishing Member The Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Really hoping they put good money into these. I've heard really good things about Doom Patrol so I'll give them a shot

    They announced Green Lantern as 'their biggest DC show ever' which is promising.
    Last edited by The Kid; 10-29-2019 at 04:41 PM.
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

  3. #123

    Default

    I guess this means that the buddy cop-film with Hal Jordan and John Stewart that Geoff Johns was writing is now dead?
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

  4. #124
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    I guess this means that the buddy cop-film with Hal Jordan and John Stewart that Geoff Johns was writing is now dead?
    Possibly? Assuming Geoff Johns is somehow involved in the show, since he usually gets a producer credit in those shows, then I believe it's certainly possible they're putting that movie on the back burner. But much like with The Flash show, if GL catches fire, that would probably give WB more confidence to give it another shot on the big screen.

  5. #125
    Mighty Member Hybrid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,501

    Default

    So is Strange Adventures basically Astro City?

  6. #126
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Man I'd love something Superman related here, for those not into the CW stuff.
    I expect he’ll show up in Strange Adventures. That show seems like an Astro City expy honestly lol.

  7. #127
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,726

    Default

    Elizabeth Banks is producing a new half-hour show "DC Super Hero High."

    DC Super Hero High centers on a group of teens attending a boarding school for gifted kids. “These teens are just trying to navigate the pressures of high school, but none of them realize that someday they will become legendary DC Super Heroes,” per the synopsis. Banks will be an EP, with actor Scott Weinger (Fuller House) serving as writer and EP.

  8. #128
    Mighty Member Hybrid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,501

    Default

    I'm not complaining about an Astro City-like show, but I know Astro City was optioned last year and was hoping it'd come to Max...

    Anyways, I wonder what will be the fate of DC Universe? I have a hard time believing they're going to have shows exclusive to an ultra-niche service compared to their main focus that is Max. I was hoping they'd address that to be honest.

  9. #129
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,333

    Default

    Unless the teens are justice or the titans. i don't see how they can be legendary.

  10. #130
    All-New Member thefinalguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Watching Birds of Prey. In Theaters Now
    Posts
    27

    Default

    I was going to be skeptical about the GL show but HBO shows are generally small in episode orders and get big budgets anyway. Apparently, Euphoria, an 8 episode season, was 11 million per episode although that feels inflated.

    Wondering who they'll frame the show around. I'd prefer all six but I'd assume some combo of Hal, John, Simon and Jessica.

  11. #131
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Good luck to translating the GL mythos on the small screen. I'm really interested to see how they're gonna tackle it. They're going to have to put some good talent and money behind to get people back into this franchise especially if they're using Hal.

    Don't care about Adam Strange but whatever.
    It looks like it's going to be more of an anthology series then an Adam Strange show.

    Just from that teaser alone it looks like we've got a Hawk and...Alan Scott?
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    According to the initial rumors they would be using Kyle. I don't see why using Hal would make things more difficult though, he's hardly the first character who's been in a bad movie and it's been a long time since the Ryan Reynolds debacle. In my mind WB kind of owes this character an apology. Personally, I'm hoping there's multiple human Lanterns, but the show will apparently be called "Green Lantern" and not "Green Lantern Corps". In any event here's hoping they do it justice, whatever direction they choose to go in.
    Kyle would make sense as someone relateable who gets thrust into the GL mythos and share the audience's POV in getting introduced to everything. He also fits the mold of a typical Arrowverse lead more then the others.

    They can also start him off on the smaller budget stuff initially since he wasn't the most cosmic GL during his initial years.

  12. #132
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    So is Strange Adventures basically Astro City?
    Looks like it.

  13. #133
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,726

    Default



    Cavill/Superman fans should be happy by the ending.

  14. #134
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    20,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    I guess this means that the buddy cop-film with Hal Jordan and John Stewart that Geoff Johns was writing is now dead?
    Not necessarily. Characters can be in both movies and TV at the same time. Justice League had Flash and Superman when they were appearing played by different actors in the Flash and Supergirl TV shows, and Superman Returns came out during Smallville's run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Anyways, I wonder what will be the fate of DC Universe? I have a hard time believing they're going to have shows exclusive to an ultra-niche service compared to their main focus that is Max. I was hoping they'd address that to be honest.
    DCU is doomed in it's present form. I expect the shows to move over to HBO Max and they'll just make it DC's counterpart to Marvel Unlimited - i.e. only comics.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  15. #135
    Astonishing Member kurenai24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Essex, MD
    Posts
    2,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I was going to be skeptical about the GL show but HBO shows are generally small in episode orders and get big budgets anyway. Apparently, Euphoria, an 8 episode season, was 11 million per episode although that feels inflated.

    Wondering who they'll frame the show around. I'd prefer all six but I'd assume some combo of Hal, John, Simon and Jessica.
    With the cinematographry used and how sets were built for specific scenes it's probably not.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •