Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Ocean City is still there, but, she's moving out of the beach house, because of what happened there...and cuzzo Steve, probably.
    That house was the best thing about Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    did anyone else get the vibe that they were hinting a DC 5G with Steve saying lets meet again in another life, another beginning? I feel like the new origin for WW will have Steve with Diana in generation 1.
    That's probably what they'll do, whether this was a specific shout-out or not. Steve will be the WWII love interest again and probably associate with the JSA as well, and in the modern day she won't have one because well, she's not even going to be featured.

Don't shoot the messenger by the way guys, I think this is trash too, its just how I see things going.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Since I’ll probably pass on the latest version of the New52 debacle, I really don’t care.
    My feelings exactly. DC is doing its level best to kill my interest in their comics completely.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    My feelings exactly. DC is doing its level best to kill my interest in their comics completely.
    On their defence, they do get better at killing my interest with every effort.

Gawd, it’s been what... only four years done their last reinvention of the whole DC universe? It’s gone from sublime (COIE) to the ridiculous (the last 10 years).
    Last edited by brettc1; 10-25-2019 at 09:18 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That's probably what they'll do, whether this was a specific shout-out or not. Steve will be the WWII love interest again and probably associate with the JSA as well, and in the modern day she won't have one because well, she's not even going to be featured.

Don't shoot the messenger by the way guys, I think this is trash too, its just how I see things going.
    I bet that the modern day Steve and Etta featured in the New52/Rebirth will be simple retconned as descendants of the original Steve and Etta (the red-haired one) from the 40s.

Reading thiS issue, I have to wonder what really motivates wonder woman’s villains; why cheetah is so hell bent on getting to themescyria, and why Veronica cake wants to ruin the gods, or whatever.

With Cheetah's motives, I do think I lot has to deal with power. The amazons do have powerful weapons and artifacts. With Cale, I do think it's the same in a sense. Why not share what the Amazons have done to the world.. Not only that but what also happened to her daughter.

So shouldn't Diana not be able to sense love not the world? That without the love from aphrodite te she is just like Cheetah?

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

The whole thing seemed rushed. And Diana feels so weak willed.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Reading thiS issue, I have to wonder what really motivates wonder woman’s villains; why cheetah is so hell bent on getting to themescyria, and why Veronica cake wants to ruin the gods, or whatever.
    Cheetah wanted to be an Amazon since she was a little girl. It fueled her interest in archaeology, fluency in 8 languages and 2 PhD's by the time she was 26. She devoted her life to uncovering the mysteries of the Amazons and found the gateway to Themyscira more than once, but couldn't enter. Her obsession was also partially responsible for her becoming the Cheetah. Even after her transformation she still wants to be an Amazon because she feels with them is where she belongs. Previews indicate she'll be getting her own Amazon armor so maybe she's finally reached her goal.

Veronica Cale is a pragmatic scientist and pharmaceutical mogul. The gods and mythology are an anathema to her and she holds them and by extension Wonder Woman responsible for what happened to her daughter. She's also motivated by jealousy of Wonder Woman and sees her as something she can never be, so therefore she wants to destroy her. If she can't do that physically she'll ruin her reputation and attempt to uncover Diana as the fraud she believes her to be.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 11-08-2019 at 04:14 PM.