Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

For Earth one- I'd probably have John, Kyle, Guy and Simon be seperate from GL and have their own seperate origins/powers.

For Earth 2- WW would have a son with Steve and he'd be a contemporary for Kara/Helena.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-27-2019 at 07:50 AM.

Yolanda Montez (Wildcat 2) would be a nagual.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagual

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ERON View Post
    Kyle Rayner was always meant to be a solo character, but he's been reduced to ensemble character status since Hal Jordan and the GLC were reintroduced. I would return him to his roots of being an Earth-based solo character by divorcing him from the Green Lantern Corps mythos, and instead tying his origin and powers to Alan Scott and the Starheart.
    This is actually a pretty good idea, in my opinion. It gives Kyle Rayner his own niche in a way that makes sense and gives him a connection with Jade again. Besides, in my view, being a member of the GLC really hasn't done Kyle any favors. His star winked out the moment they came back and Hal Jordan returned. I don't really see why Kyle needs to be a member of that, especially since he's generally had more interesting adventures on Earth.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 10-29-2019 at 04:53 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    For Earth one- I'd probably have John, Kyle, Guy and Simon be seperate from GL and have their own seperate origins/powers.
    Going along with my above post, if I was going to do that, I'd completely revamp the Darkstars and put John in that, and make him the central character of that organization. They can be cool with some good creative energy put into them. For instance, they need a complete uniform redesign. All the ones I've seen have been very ugly. They also need better world building, but them part of the Controllers' organization and having a different philosophy than the GLC is a really interesting place to start. I think writers like Venditti and Morrison (even though his group technically isn't Darkstars, they more or less are for all intents and purposes) take the easy way out by just making them bad guys. Strange to me, because the Darkstars aren't bad.

Guy...I would put him back in the leather jacket. Simon...I'd just get rid of him and Jessica.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 10-29-2019 at 05:06 AM.

I would make Harley Quinn a meta human, from what I've read she has no powers or training so this would explain her skills and inclusion on teams like the suicide Squad

Harley may have no powers, but neither does Batman. Not everyone needs to be a meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Going along with my above post, if I was going to do that, I'd completely revamp the Darkstars and put John in that, and make him the central character of that organization. They can be cool with some good creative energy put into them. For instance, they need a complete uniform redesign. All the ones I've seen have been very ugly. They also need better world building, but them part of the Controllers' organization and having a different philosophy than the GLC is a really interesting place to start. I think writers like Venditti and Morrison (even though his group technically isn't Darkstars, they more or less are for all intents and purposes) take the easy way out by just making them bad guys. Strange to me, because the Darkstars aren't bad.

Guy...I would put him back in the leather jacket. Simon...I'd just get rid of him and Jessica.
    They'll not get rid of Cruz. She gives the GLs some much needed female representation (same reason that Teen Lantern and the Far Sector GL are female, I guess) and she's been used in cartoons. Simon's future, though, isn't nearly as rosy. He hasn't took off and could be an event redshirt, I think.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-29-2019 at 07:01 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleMumble View Post
    I would make Harley Quinn a meta human, from what I've read she has no powers or training so this would explain her skills and inclusion on teams like the suicide Squad
    She doesn't? I'm pretty sure when she was introduced into the DCU that she had heightened physical attributes.(strength, durability, agility, etc) Did they backtrack on that at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    She doesn't? I'm pretty sure when she was introduced into the DCU that she had heightened physical attributes.(strength, durability, agility, etc) Did they backtrack on that at some point?
    Not that I know. They changed the origin of her powers with the New 52 I believe, but she definitely has meta-human abilities

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Harley may have no powers, but neither does Batman. Not everyone needs to be a meta.

They'll not get rid of Cruz. She gives the GLs some much needed female representation (same reason that Teen Lantern and the Far Sector GL are female, I guess) and she's been used in cartoons. Simon's future, though, isn't nearly as rosy. He hasn't took off and could be an event redshirt, I think.
    Well, I don't really know what they will do, but since the original post asks what I will do, I say Jessica goes in the junk heap. Political correctness is fine, but I suppose I'm not enough of a bleeding heart to have it get in the way of what I feel is a stronger fictional narrative. I don't believe more Green Lanterns were necessary--male or female--when Jessica was created. and if all she brings to the table is a vagina and mental disability, that's just not good enough for me. As a character, I don't see a lot of value in her, as she's redundant x7. I guess if I was forced to have her in some capacity, she would go back to being Power Ring.

Spectacular Member

I'd bring back the multiverse and have the JSA on one, JLA on another. The newer versions like Wally and Kyle mould get their own world.

Years ago there was this Batman story in one of anniversary issues. On another Earth the Waynes are about to be killed, as certain events occur every so many years on different Earths. The Phantom Stranger offers to take Batman and Robin to this earth to save the Waynes. Robin has doubts about doing this, since if the Waynes are saved Bruce never becomes Batman and Gotham needs Batman. In the end Batman saves the Waynes. THe plot twist at the end was that young Bruce sees Batman and is inspired to still become Batman. I would use that as a starting point for a new earth.

I’d create a one shot in which Wonder Woman creates the Justice League to stop Giganta.

I would revamp Starman in place of Green Lantern.

The Cosmic Rod is the weapon of choice of the Star Corp which patrols the galaxy for The Guardians of the Universe. Starman is also a founding member of the JLofA.

The only Green Lantern that ever existed was a magic hero named Alan Scott back in the 40's.
    Batman - Daredevil

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post

And how would Darkstar stories be differentiated from GL stories in any meaningful way that isn't also similar to the Nova Corps?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    I would revamp Starman in place of Green Lantern.

The Cosmic Rod is the weapon of choice of the Star Corp which patrols the galaxy for The Guardians of the Universe. Starman is also a founding member of the JLofA.

The only Green Lantern that ever existed was a magic hero named Alan Scott back in the 40's.
    Which one? Ted or would you keep him in the JSA? Would it still be Hal who was chosen and founded the JLA or would you use someone else like Will?

Andrea Rojas (Acrata) is a woman of Indigenous Latino origin who protects Mesoamerican artifacts and secrets from being exploited by outsiders.