Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Changing characters and Marvel groups origins

If you could make your own version, what it´d be his/her/their origin of your character/group? new villains, or switch villains/friends/love interests? Example: Switch Iron Man villains with Captain America, Iron Man facing Captain America villains, this time their HIS villains.

Wasp gets her powers from the Brotherhood of Wasps.

Squirell Girl gets her powers from the Norse god of Squirrels.

Miles is a mutant with invisibility powers.

I did a whole story on how the Marvel universe itself would have changed had the mutants taken the forefront.

https://www.fanfiction.net/story/sto...oryid=13244295

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Just for the heck of it, I'd establish that the Fantastic Four, the Avengers, the X-Men, etc., didn't form until 2000. From 1930 - 1960 the world was protected primarily by Golden Age heroes, including the Invaders and later the All Winners Squad, a precursor to the Avengers.

From 1961-1978 was the era of the Blue Marvel, with Charles Xavier, Miss America, Sersi, Hercules, Selene, the Black Panther (T'Chaka), Magneto, Captain America, Galactus, the Silver Surfer, the Scarlet Scarab and the Ancient One (Agatha Harkness) being some of the other big names for that period.

From 1979 - 1989 was the era of the Sentry, Thor, Thanos, Mephisto, and Captain Mar-Vell as the premier heroes and villains, although the aforementioned Captain America, Blue Marvel, etc., were still around in the background assisting when needed.

From 1990 - 1999 is the Dark Age. A major cosmic cataclysm occurs and all of the heroes disappear. We find out later that this was the decade of the First Secret War. With most of the major heroes and villains battling for ten years in an alternate dimension, the mutant population experiences a boom with predictably disastrous results around the world, thus launching the world wide anti-mutant hysteria.

The story of the "modern" Marvel Universe picks up there, with the new generation of heroes and villains in Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Iron Man and the Avengers, the X-Men, etc. It is a time for some heroes to return, while many more still emerge for the first time. Everyone will cut their teeth against the combined might of Knull and the Chaos King, before dealing with a resurrected God Emperor Thanos, cast in the role of Oblivion's poison pill.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 10-24-2019 at 09:48 PM.

The Fantastic Four's origin borrows some elements from the movies and the Ultimate comics with Doom being a saboteur of the space mission for revenge over thinking Reed sabotaged his experiment.

Kraven the Hunter would be an enemy of the Puma due to Kraven having stolen artifacts that were sacred to Puma's tribe.

BANNED

Wonder Man was cast out from a island of Amazons after being the first male child born in centuries into man's world and is adopted by Baron Zemo. He is trained to become a living weapon and returns upon adulthood to avenge himself on the Amazons who cast him out but he learns that he was to be their champion in the man's world and it was zemo who kidnapped him. He kills zemo and decides to fullfil his purpose of life.
    The Punisher is a clone of the real Frank who had died along with his family created by the Jackal to kill Peter. Frank learns the truth and rebels and takes on a bevy of his clones to kill jackal. He decides to wage a war on monsters like the Jackal.
    Carol Danvers purposefully seduces Mar-Vell to disclose kree military technology at the behest of the government and engineers the incident that grants her powers and kills him. However she is betrayed by her superiors who capture her and experiment on her to create more super soldiers like her. She escapes the facility after killing everyone and decides to fight the facility in memory of Mar-Vell.
    These three learn of a super secret weapon being developed by terrorist elements and converge on the location and work together after brief skirmishes to disable the J.I.G.S.A.W. a living weapon created by the A.I.M. facility with the aid of the kree using Kree science and the ancient Aegis armor stolen by Zemo from the Amazons. After it is subdued they decide to form a team which will come together to take on threats no single hero could overcome.....
    Last edited by Desmark; 10-25-2019 at 02:46 AM.

Prestige and Marvel Girl swap rogues.

Change Magneto's name from Erik Magnus Lensherr to Erik Magnus Soros, who grew up in an antifa-family.

Mutants are treated no differently than other superhumans, and is a rare breed.

Venom is a syntetic form of life and is the result of a scientific experiment on another planet, instead of being a member of a race of alien parasites.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Wasp gets her powers from the Brotherhood of Wasps.
    Okay, and Antman is creating genetically modified ants.

That wouldn't be far out of left field, considering a required change to Spider-Man which did happen in Ultimate - instead of a radioactive spider, it's a genetically modified spider which bites Peter Parker and Cindy Moon.

The Fantastic Four and Hulk would have their origins changed for the same reason, radiation = cancer.

It always seemed odd that Janet van Dyne gained wings when she shrinks with the Pym particles, when nobody else does (both Nadia/Wasp II and Cassie/Stinger use mechanical wings). So have that as a genetic mutation. She was a mutant in the Ultimate Universe. Her stingers and shrinking ability would still be tech.

Firestar should be immune to radiation, considering the nature of her powers (she actually got cancer once because of her mutation).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Tony Stark: would technically be the biological child of Howard & Maria Stark. But he’d also be an experiment of sorts by the original SHIELD (DaVinci’s); meant to keep technological progress alive in the Marvel Universe.

Steve Rogers: I would adopt the marvel cinematic universe’s origin story for Steve; Bucky and all.

Thor: cinematic universe origin

Henry Pym: british polymath (primarily interested in biochemistry) employed by MI6 as a scientist – his romantic interest Maria Trovayna, a cyberneticist, created the prototype “Ant-Man” helmet that Pym would later improve to honor her memory (killed by former member of parliament, traitor, now fugitive, closet mutant Elias Starr). Their pet project, an evolving A.I. created for counter-terrorism purpose would eventually (with an assist from Kang) become Ultron; having unknowingly imprinted upon Maria and blaming Henry for her death. in this telling, Pym and Maria would have been active on their off-hours as Ant-Man & the Wasp and, primarily, be detectives aiding local law enforcement. Pym would be very much a pacifist back in those days; preferring to use logic & science. I thought this might make the ant-men easier to tell apart (one not being an American).

Janet Van Dyne: the action-hero-in-waiting daughter of wealthy gadgeteer Vernon Van Dyne (former head of SHIELD's science division). Pym, following recovery from a nervous breakdown, elects to be transferred to the states & works under Vernon. Yadda yadda enemies of SHIELD go after Janet. She proves herself to be quite qualified to be an agent of SHIELD even w/ Pym’s intervention & despite her father’s objection. Vernon is killed at some point. Janet sets out on her own to avenge him (w/ a mechanical flight rig & some kind of laser gun her father designed). Pym recognizes the inherent danger in this, tails her as ant-man, and eventually works alongside her; helping Janet achieve the closure that was denied him after Maria’s death. He upgrades her equipment, gives her organic wings, & asks her to wear the costumed identity once worn by Maria (making her a legacy character).

Rick Jones: I don’t really see the need for the character. But, in an effort to make him less useless, I would seed him being some kind of anti-deep state super hacker a lot earlier. He would help Banner stay off the grid in the early days; while serving as a companion.

New Warriors: overhaul required. The Folding Circle was basically a splinter cell of fugitive Kunlunians. If Steel Serpent is a “suni muslim,” a member of the Folding Circle would be the “shia muslim” equivalent. Anyways, the origins are basically the same. The Warriors are just pawns of Tai (younger sister of the Crane Mother). If I were add anything, it’d be a few name changes & the team inadvertently being patterned after the Squadron Supreme after Chord monitored their fight with the Avengers (noting their overabundance of power but lack of cohesiveness as a fighting unit). They’d be looking for certain archetypes & power sets for tactical purposes ex. Flying bricks, speedsters, energy projectors. Nightwatch (Nighthawk) - I’m appropriating the name for Dwayne because the latter is a blatant Spawn cashgrab & using ‘Nighteater’ anyways.
    Nova (Hyperion) Kymaera (Amphibian/Zarda) Firestar (Nuke) Marvel Boy/Justice (Doc Spectrum) Collider (Whizzer/Inertia)

Simon Williams the Ionic Man: a very reluctant soldier (pick a more recent conflict) with dreams of making it big in Hollywood. Buried alive in an explosion but saved through the intervention of the Enchantress & the then-Hydra-sponsored Masters of Evil. He’d be the test subject for the ionic strength treatment; sorely needed to repair his badly broken body. He wasn’t the only one that Hydra retrieved from the rubble of course. His brother-in-arms Eric, nicknamed the Grim Reaper by his unit due to his high body count, was also dug up and placed in storage. Anyways, Simon pays back his debt as a master of evil and moves out to Hollywood w/ a nearly indestructible body & leading man looks to become a stunt man. Grim Reaper returns with a body composed of some kind of malleable metal that he (of course) can fashion into a scythe. I opted not to make them brothers & discard the disgraced businessman angle. I’d rather that Simon be more of a fun character. He’d still have personal foibles & make stupid decisions for the sake of his career/twitter following. The friendship with Beast is intact (same taste in movies, music, & women).
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 11-04-2019 at 11:35 AM.

Alpha Flight: I’m a less is more person. I get that Canada’s a magical place. I just want to ground some of it in more “real” science.

Puck: explicitly a nigh indestructible dwarf-sized mutant with enhanced agility and slowed aging. Just never been a fan of his origin. The cool thing about him is his unique look and personality. So that would be my focus. He’s still a tragic case w/o being truncated by a magic sword. I like the idea of a little person being ‘the most interesting man in the world.’

Sasquatch: a former pro athlete, ted talker, & businessman who lost almost everything to a debilitating disease. He funneled his money into medical research &, when that failed, the unconventional sciences. He regained control over his body due to a serum derived from local cryptids. Like most people who tamper with the unknown, it backfired; trapping Walt in the form of a snowbeast (but retaining his natural intellect & business acumen).

Northstar & Aurora – two misguided youth runaways taken in by the front de libération du Québec (a front for Hydra) & made the reluctant test subjects for human augmentation. This basically amounted to unlocking their latent mutancy through torture. I’m not changing Jean-Paul’s sexual preference or Aurora’s struggle with mental illness. I just think the Olympics debacle is mostly disposable.

The Hudsons – Mac’s a top notch engineer & former test pilot working for the defense department. Heather’s kind of the Canadian version of Val Cooper & serves as team liason for the original lineup. She initially gets involved when the twins are apprehended. She also has final say on who makes the team. Just to be different, I’d have she and Mac be right-leaning and avid hunters.
    Snowbird - an arguably successful attempt to create a magical being in a lab. When Alpha Flight finds her she’s running for her life from their first big threat/her creator; the self-dubbed Master of the World. And, yes, the science that created her was related to that which trapped Walt Langkowski in sasquatch form.

Shaman/Talisman – their story wouldn’t be told for a long time. But, when they first encounter Alpha Flight, Michael Twoyoungmen and his barely teenaged daughter have been, alternately, hunting and running from the supernatural forces that killed their wife/mother. If you seen the movie Stakeland, it’s kind of like that. I wanted Michael to be a less stereotypical indigenous American & play up the struggling single dad aspect. He’s still a doctor/has all of that medical knowledge. But they’ve been on the road a while. and he's more in the business of taking life when he meets the others (they do shoot at Snowbird a few times). Haven’t decided but part of me wants Elizabeth to be the origin of the supernatural threat. Like Wanda Maximoff, some demonic force called dibs & imbued her with serious magic. Maybe Elizabeth accidentally started the chain of events that took her mom. It’d add some tragedy.

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver (bear with me. this is a bit of a mess)

. young Max Eisenhardt becomes infatuated with a roma girl (Natalya) in his village; just as much an outcast as himself

. they lose track of one another due to the Holocaust

. a now adult Max escapes the camps and eventually makes it to soviet russia

. within a month of being there he runs into a just-arrived, quite distraught, and very pregnant Natalya

. she's all he has of his past-he sticks with her through the birth of her children and plans to start a family

. there's an incident at the factory exposing Max's mutancy - the KGB are summoned

. Max makes his way back home ready to pack the family up and leave

. escalation leads to Max using his powers offensively for the first time; accidentally killing his pursuers

. this triggers Natalya, who has been hiding a pretty big secret*, to run for her life with the twins in tow

. they wouldn't remember any of it but the twins were driven into the forest at the foot of wundagore mountain (a no-go area) after a mob seemingly killed their mother

. it was at this point that they were captured and put in stasis by the High Evolutionary

. Natalya had placed a magical enchantment on the twins to keep Modred from tracking them and, incidentally, altered Magneto's memory of their "breakup" to keep him from tracking her (he would think that she and the twins were burned alive before his eyes)

. my version of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver would have been more actively heroic in between leaving the Brotherhood and joining the Avengers. they would have been serious about making up for past mistakes and becoming the champions of eastern europe. Pietro's image of being abrasive and arrogant owes a lot to a major disagreement between he and his sister. he didn't want to leave Europe. he felt that the american heroes had ignored the rest of the world and the people suffering outside of New York. and he had just begun being recognized as a true hero in his home country. imagine going from that to being insulted by a powerless bullheaded archer.

. Wanda and Pietro's exploits would directly influence Northstar and Aurora's decision to become costumed heroes. so any similarities are intentional. Jean Paul would even go through a brief period of bleaching his hair white as a nod to Quicksilver.

. oh and they are mutants. but in my version, they are basically manipulators of natural forces. Pietro unconsciously rejects/manipulates time. but, lacking control and the patience to seek it, it just comes across as blinding speed. Wanda's powers are a little more nebulous. she manipulates probability. but she unconsciously does it by tampering with reality. and this makes her irresistible bait for demonic and cosmic forces. this wouldn't have been a problem if Natalya had lived and been able to guide her. but well...

*she and her family were able to avoid the camps by going into (magical) hiding with the aid of a stranger who turned out to be Modred the Mystic. he basically took Natalya as payment; mentoring and eventually impregnating her w/o consent.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 11-25-2019 at 11:52 AM.

Hawkeye

. Clint and his older brother Barney run away from an abusive household

. they are taken in by some sovereign citizen anti-govt. militia types informally led by Buck Chisholm (a more charming version of Neegan)

. Buck, a real sharp shooter, teaches the two how to hunt and quickly notices that Clint is something special (they start him out with a bow as a joke - his "training wheels") - they hunt to provide food for the community in case you were wondering

. Clint and Barn learn all sorts of useful things at the compound i.e. sex, swearing, knife play, demolitions, lock picking, basic grifts, etc.

. eventually the two learn about the other ways that the community supports itself (the general gun running & theft that you might have seen on Sons of Anarchy)

. moving right along because i've told this story before, Clint ends up maiming Buck with an arrow in to stop him from killing an innocent man (armored vehicle guard).

. Barney and Buck are arrested - Clint has to strike out on his own because he very obviously wouldn't be welcomed back into the militia

. using what he learned from the militia guys, he was able to make fake ids and avoid law enforcement; eventually taking a job with the Carson Carnival

. it's from there that he is eventually recruited by Black Widow

. Clint's a baseline human with peak human eyesight, aim, spatial awareness, and coordination. he's skilled at basic sleight of hand and story-telling. he's a natural marksman with a gun, bow, or knife. but he doesn't like guns or knives and lacks the stomach for killing. in his way, he's just as innocent/idealistic as Steve Rogers but hides behind the image of being a cocky womanizing modern day gun(bow)slinger to compensate. he retains a strong anti-authority streak (like, he'd probably die laughing if an organization like SHIELD attempted to recruit him). but, despite his upbringing, there isn't a racist bone in Clint's body. politically, he'd be considered a libertarian but wouldn't make much of an effort to vote or trust politicians. deaf in one ear. not a natural leader but unnervingly capable/confident under pressure.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

After last night's episode of Watchmen, I'd change everything about Blue Marvel's origin story.