Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Is Apocalypse's Krakoan name transliterateable?

O.o Why would people think she's OP?

She's on the same team as Apocalypse lol. Psylocke is also formidable psionic who may end getting New Captain Britian powers.

To put into context, her aura-absorption seems weaker or take longer than direct physical contact. Also chance on inadvertently harming an ally if they are near her.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 10-28-2019 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    When characters become to OP writers tend to take them off-panel or sideline them for most of the storyline so that other characters can shine. I do have a feeling that will be the same thing that will happen to Rogue.
    She is extremely powerful, but there are other hard hitters in the cast (apocalypse, Betsy). I do feel as though she is not going to be very prominent as basically nothing has been said about her in any of the interviews or blog posts from the writer. It is a shame, but I feel as though her current power set is going to be largely ignored and she is going to be a satellite character. A punch through a wall here, some flying there, a kiss to the husband to show they are still married.

Their dynamic is SO fun, but I feel as though they take so much shine away from others (because they are so awesome) and this is kind of the Betsy apocalypse show... With flowers. Fingers crossed that I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    She is extremely powerful, but there are other hard hitters in the cast (apocalypse, Betsy). I do feel as though she is not going to be very prominent as basically nothing has been said about her in any of the interviews or blog posts from the writer. It is a shame, but I feel as though her current power set is going to be largely ignored and she is going to be a satellite character. A punch through a wall here, some flying there, a kiss to the husband to show they are still married.

Their dynamic is SO fun, but I feel as though they take so much shine away from others (because they are so awesome) and this is kind of the Betsy apocalypse show... With flowers. Fingers crossed that I'm wrong.
    Just going by what was in the solicitation and the interviews that Tini has done. I don't think Rogue/Gambit will be doing much in the first arc as the book needs to first establish the new status quo for Capt Britain and Apocalypse. Most of the other team members will have to take the back seat for now. I can see Rogue taking the bench by the end of the first or second issue.

Rogue's status could contain big spoilers. That's probably why it's all hush-hush in the interviews.
    There's also that cover with Apocalypse that tells me that there are significant plans for her.

Friendly reminder, it is Tuesday and the book isn't out until tomorrow, then you can spoil yourselves rotten.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Are there spoilers in here I should be avoiding? Just asking because when I read this at 5am tomorrow to write my reviews and spoilers I do not want to be spoiled today.

So should I avoid this thread?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Am I a Rogue fan if I like Rogue as a character, or do I have to hate it when other characters are taking up panel time that could be Rogue?
    You're supposed to spam literally every thread with complaints abt how Marvel and fandom dont respect her rights and make every conversation unsustainable even the ones having virtually nothing to do with Rogue. And dont forget to make yourself look like the victim all along.

BANNED

The kickoff time for spoilers is 5 AM EST, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    weird science marvel comics review 6.3/10

https://weirdsciencemarvelcomics.com...ibur-1-review/
    This review is wild.

The guy who's been posting spoilers for all the X-Books on reddit has said this was the best #1 out of the 3 books already out, in his opinion.

I didn't read the spoilers but I'm getting excited.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    This review is wild.
    Will see tomorrow. He raised meaningful questions there.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Will see tomorrow. He raised meaningful questions there.
    He sounds like someone who needs to have everything spoon fed to him.

https://www.comicsthegathering.com/r...libur-1-review

Comics The Gathering review: 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    He sounds like someone who needs to have everything spoon fed to him.
    Yes. That's what Wikipedia and uncannyxmen.net are for. There's a thrill in being forced to learn as you read.