Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Nuanced viewpoints r a good thing. When Jean showed concern for Orchis scientists wellbeing it rang true. But Psylocke was part of a killsquad and struggling to control her impulse to commit violence in mutantkinds name. She also berated Brian for not supporting her mutant family. Her words, not mine. This sudden closeness to her sapien relatives seems to be just there to create artificial drama.
    She's still a hero at heart and joined Magneto's team to keep an eye on him, and killed him when she felt his scheming went too far. So she was fine taking out another mutant if need be to protect the people. Plus that glorious issue of her hero'ing around by herself taking out the Nasty Boys and a Sentinel factory-thingy.
    She also fought X-Man alongside the squad to save the world.

I'm interested in seeing her deal with her new body and everyone calling her "Psylocke" still. Maybe she'll offer the name to Kwannon.

EDIT: Have Betsy and Erik been face to face since that battle? I'm not sure but I'd love even a quick side-eye from Erik and a smirk from her.
    Last edited by JB; 10-24-2019 at 03:34 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Was this OG-Betsy or Kwannon-Betsy? Because by the looks of things there's going to be a separation of the two ideals? Keep in mind; OG Betsy might be written a bit different than Kwannon if that's the case?
    Actually I think itd be cool if the tension between Brian and Betsy was tied to her being another race. Its interesting that they only became close again the minute she turned white. But its only headcanon at this point despite the writer saying she wants to explore the racial component I doubt Marvel would allow an actual uncomfortable discussion to happen.

Actually I think itd be cool if the tension between Brian and Betsy was tied to her being another race. Its interesting that they only became close again the minute she turned white. But its only headcanon at this point despite the writer saying she wants to explore the racial component I doubt Marvel would allow an actual uncomfortable discussion to happen.
    It's bad enough that American writers have written Brian as a dickish caricature since Claremont got a hold of him in Excalibur; now you want him to be racist too? He wasn't supposed to be a punching bag for the X line.

To say this preview has me hyped would be an understatement. Between the foreshadowing and suspicious Gambit, I'm all in on Excalibur.

I'm here for Trinary, Maggott and Marrow. I'll see if anything else gets me to stay.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    It's bad enough that American writers have written Brian as a dickish caricature since Claremont got a hold of him in Excalibur; now you want him to be racist too? He wasn't supposed to be a punching bag for the X line.
    Its an opportunity to write honestly abt race which is what the bodyswap storyline needs. The notion that anyone would have conflicted feelings about a relative changing race is really not outlandish.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    To say this preview has me hyped would be an understatement. Between the foreshadowing and suspicious Gambit, I'm all in on Excalibur.
    I'm in love with suspicious Gambit!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Its an opportunity to write honestly abt race which is what the bodyswap storyline needs. The notion that anyone would have conflicted feelings about a relative changing race is really not outlandish.
    What's the point when it's already been established that the race swap never bothered Brian and the other brother.
    "Cable was right!"

It just comes across as yet another stick for a writer to beat Brian with. He's someone who learned that his father was not even from this Earth, discovered he and his sister are only half-human, is married to a shape-shifter, and is used to bizarre events in his life - Betsy having a different face would be difficult to get used to at first, but the change in race... you really think that would be a big deal? I don't see it at all.

But then most of the writing for the Braddocks is crazy and makes little sense: Jamie is a sex-trafficking, slave-trading, murderer who Brian was so disgusted with he left him to Doc Croc, but now everyone seems pally with the guy. Seriously, Jamie was pond scum, so what happened there?

BANNED

One thing I noticed, and that might be wrong, but the idea that there are gates that connect to unknown places suggest that they are growing according to Krakoa's will and not necessarily the X-Men. I guess there are cosmic bees doing the work to get that Krakoa pollen to other worlds. Anyway, that would explain the presence of gates in countries that don't recognize Krakoa, like Brazil and Russia.

I might be wrong, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What's the point when it's already been established that the race swap never bothered Brian and the other brother.
    They mostly skimmed over the whole thing. Which inuniverse is an issue of itself. Then he showed how glad he was that she turned back white in the holiday special and then invited her over for summer vacations. Again, inch resting.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm sorry but it just seems weird with Apocalypse working with the xmen. Hes crazy. lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm sorry but it just seems weird with Apocalypse working with the xmen. Hes crazy. lol
    Oh 100%! In fact, I'm pretty sure he's only in it for the conquering and colonising!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Oh 100%! In fact, I'm pretty sure he's only in it for the conquering and colonising!
    I hope so... please let it be that lolol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    It just comes across as yet another stick for a writer to beat Brian with. He's someone who learned that his father was not even from this Earth, discovered he and his sister are only half-human, is married to a shape-shifter, and is used to bizarre events in his life - Betsy having a different face would be difficult to get used to at first, but the change in race... you really think that would be a big deal? I don't see it at all.

But then most of the writing for the Braddocks is crazy and makes little sense: Jamie is a sex-trafficking, slave-trading, murderer who Brian was so disgusted with he left him to Doc Croc, but now everyone seems pally with the guy. Seriously, Jamie was pond scum, so what happened there?
    They were generated on the sam womb and shared it. There isn't another race.

Brian loves Betsy a lot

yeah Jamie got lost and became a monster. There isn't excuse for sex trafficking