Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Do you think mutants will age up children to manifestation?

This has been the biggest thought on my mind. And i don't really have any insight so it may be a DOA thread but in a mutant society when you can age up reincarnations. In the world of Krakoa, would a birth start at birth or at whatever age a mutant's powers manifest?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This has been the biggest thought on my mind. And i don't really have any insight so it may be a DOA thread but in a mutant society when you can age up reincarnations. In the world of Krakoa, would a birth start at birth or at whatever age a mutant's powers manifest?
    Sounds like a category problem. The system chosen by Krakoa only really allows them to age up dead people that have already reached the age they assign to the husk. Children would need to be dead to be “aged” but the ageing process seems to inherently alter reality to age characters and maybe use the past as a model of the future. So it is possible that a child could only be resurrected at the age they died or before.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

I would hope from birth. Ageing up a reincarnation is 100% different to raising a new soul:

For one, those were back-ups of adults from Cerebro; Xavier didn't have to spend time re-teaching them to walk, talk, read, write ect--their personalities were there. You can't just do that with a newly born individual...they haven't been raised. They're a blank slate, even if they're aged up to puberty when their powers might manifest, who are they to be? They'd be no-one; even if Xavier were to input all the fundamental knowledge of the universe into their brains, maths, science, ect, you still don't raise an individual from that. That'd be just...programming.

It's experiences that make us who we are; being able to interact with your child, getting to know them, exposing them to the necessary stimuli to form important cerebral connections that, again, grow a person. It's as emotional as it is...well...functional.

And, besides, what purpose would it serve to age these beings straight up to manifestation? If they don't know themselves how can they possibly know their powers? It makes them sound like their powers are the most important things about them, but it's not; it's them as individuals, surely?
    Last edited by Domino_Dare-Doll; 10-29-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    I would hope from birth. Ageing up a reincarnation is 100% different to raising a new soul:

For one, those were back-ups of adults from Cerebro; Xavier didn't have to spend time re-teaching them to walk, talk, read, write ect--their personalities were there. You can't just do that with a newly born individual...they haven't been raised. They're a blank slate, even if they're aged up to puberty when their powers might manifest, who are they to be? They'd be no-one; even if Xavier were to input all the fundamental knowledge of the universe into their brains, maths, science, ect, you still don't raise an individual from that. That'd be just...programming.

It's experiences that make us who we are; being able to interact with your child, getting to know them, exposing them to the necessary stimuli to form important cerebral connections that, again, grow a person. It's as emotional as it is...well...functional.
    To add to that, there is a general rule that mutant powers tend to manifest in reaction to the individual traumatic experiences they have during the process of adolescence, so no teenage angst = no relevant power.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

It entirely depends. If PAD or Remender ever get a book (heaven forbid) they ll probably age up baby girls so they can throw themselves at their self inserts.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Sounds like a category problem. The system chosen by Krakoa only really allows them to age up dead people that have already reached the age they assign to the husk. Children would need to be dead to be “aged” but the ageing process seems to inherently alter reality to age characters and maybe use the past as a model of the future. So it is possible that a child could only be resurrected at the age they died or before.
    I meant new births. Like if a mutant was pregnant and gave birth to a mutant would they consider that new born who doesn't even have access to their abilities as where birth began or would it be when said mutant powers manifest. For all intents and purposes until a mutant powers manifest they are still human. So would they have tempus age the child or would they allow it to grow up naturally where they have to watch it etc.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    To add to that, there is a general rule that mutant powers tend to manifest in reaction to the individual traumatic experiences they have during the process of adolescence, so no teenage angst = no relevant power.
    That part makes a lot of sense but now it makes me think could KRakoa be stunting mutant growth. Like we know Sage can jump start mutation but if your living on a paradise what reason does your power have to shockingly manifest?
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

And, besides, what purpose would it serve to age these beings straight up to manifestation? If they don't know themselves how can they possibly know their powers? It makes them sound like their powers are the most important things about them, but it's not; it's them as individuals, surely?
    This makes a lot of sense to me but some of your posts also got me thinking about it as well. Like what can a baby who has no abilities truly contribute to a mutant society. especially when xavier said all citizens must play their part.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

That part makes a lot of sense but now it makes me think could KRakoa be stunting mutant growth. Like we know Sage can jump start mutation but if your living on a paradise what reason does your power have to shockingly manifest?
    Could be a plot point later down the line? It's actually kind of amusing toe think of Xavier looking around one day, see this happening and just kind of look at the reader all "...Oops."

Damn. I was just thinking about making this thread with the name: “Mutant Babies. Is There Any Good In Them?”

Could be a plot point later down the line? It's actually kind of amusing toe think of Xavier looking around one day, see this happening and just kind of look at the reader all "...Oops."
    They going to have to start sending pre teens into the tumor of Krakoa like it's hunger games. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Damn. I was just thinking about making this thread with the name: “Mutant Babies. Is There Any Good In Them?”
    It really is an interesting aspect for me. Like it's rare for mutants to manifest in the womb but it happens. Storm was drawn to a specific location. But what of the many mutants that manifest in times of duress like JKMAC said will they manifest their powers based on the needs of Krakoa or will they be latent since said mutant isn't in a place where they are stressed for survival. Could Krakoa be weakening potential manifestations because the threat they need to arise to isn't strong enough. My day wine got my brain racing. Could the threats on Krakoa in the tumor be so big that mutant manifestations could be next level in terms of power since some parts of their enviorment will be more harsh than normal.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

They going to have to start sending pre teens into the tumor of Krakoa like it's hunger games. lol
    Well, y'know...I can kinda see Magneto as Effie Trinket...

Eww No I hope not be too similar to the frenzied fetish the inhumans go through when their kids go through terregenesis

Uhhh that first "burst" of Puberic bodily awakening can be quite traumatic
    GrindrStone(D)

I meant new births. Like if a mutant was pregnant and gave birth to a mutant would they consider that new born who doesn't even have access to their abilities as where birth began or would it be when said mutant powers manifest. For all intents and purposes until a mutant powers manifest they are still human. So would they have tempus age the child or would they allow it to grow up naturally where they have to watch it etc.
    Well culturally it would be a rite of passage. But as children born in a culture where the X-Gene is prized they will probably test for the X-gene. Maybe I am still not getting your concern. A child with the gene is still a mutant. They just haven’t manifested their powers. I don’t think this will become like the original Inhumans situation though. I wouldn’t expect them to judge those who don’t manifest powers.