Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast
    BANNED

The only thing I'm unhappy about atm - unrelated to this issue - is apparent editorial confirmation that Kwannon got to keep Betsy's butterfly psi-signature in the divorce. That is straight bullshit.

That said Betsy is my favorite X-Man and I'm v excited for this.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    The only thing I'm unhappy about atm - unrelated to this issue - is apparent editorial confirmation that Kwannon got to keep Betsy's butterfly psi-signature in the divorce. That is straight bullshit.

That is bullshit as that has ALWAYS been her signature. But agreed that I am really looking forward to the books release.

BANNED

#reparations

It was hers before the change. It took me a long time to get over the visuals we attritbuted to her being given to Kwannon. So that's all i'll say.

2035140-untitled_1.jpg
    Last edited by CGAR; 10-29-2019 at 10:31 AM.

BANNED

I feel like Apocalypse will be the obvious break out character of this book, his interactions with the others are all ripe with potential, esp Jubilee.

The only womp womp is Rogue and Gambit as a pairing. I don't have strong feelings about them as a couple but their relationship is obviously going to eat a fair bit of screentime. Pregnancy kills characters.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    It was hers before the change. It took me a long time to get over the visuals we attritbuted to her being given to Kwannon. So that's all i'll say.

2035140-untitled_1.jpg
    I never thought the earliest look was a butterfly, even in that image it looks more like eyes to me. When i was a kid and first red those back issues i always thought it was cool we were literally seeing betsy's mind's eye going all over the place. Like unlike other physics she had a visual representation of what she was connecting to. I thought it became a butterfly effect later when the eyes disappeared.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I never thought the earliest look was a butterfly, even in that image it looks more like eyes to me. When i was a kid and first red those back issues i always thought it was cool we were literally seeing betsy's mind's eye going all over the place. Like unlike other physics she had a visual representation of what she was connecting to. I thought it became a butterfly effect later when the eyes disappeared.
    Why not both?

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Pregnancy kills characters.
    I disagree...having a child CHANGES a character
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    I disagree...having a child CHANGES a character
    Exactly.
    They said marriage was a death curse, but Rogue and Remy have been more enjoyable for me, as a married couple, than they have been as angsty will-they-won't-they dancers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Exactly.
    They said marriage was a death curse, but Rogue and Remy have been more enjoyable for me, as a married couple, than they have been as angsty will-they-won't-they dancers.
    Oh totally! And I'm not just saying this as a long-time fan who repeatedly had her soul crushed by them breaking up; these two have been such a blast now that they're on the same page!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Exactly.
    Fair enough but imo Rogue is at her peak when she's flying solo.

it's true....Betsy should have kept the butterfly, psychic longsword and shield while Kwannon could have kept the psychic knife and katana.

well well....

that being said, I'm super happy the first issue got positive reviews...can't wait to read it tomorrow.
    A picture would last longer darling...

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Love the preview. Lots of very nice, telling moments. Can't wait to crack that book open tomorrow morning!

BANNED

Real question is who gets to describe their psychic weapon the focused totality of their psychic powers. Who gets to be the action junkie.