Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Mystique is one of the pets who tends to get away with everything she does, and other characters written down as fools so she can play them. Only time she got any kind of payback when Magneto stabbing her, and her 5 sec. death from Wolverine. But we never see her getting embarrassed & clobbered like Apocalypse or Sabretooth.

She's gonna act out in X-Men soon, but we know she ain't gonna be judged and thrown into Krakoa Hell like Creed was.
    I think she gets away with everything because of a) the movies and b) bad inconsistent writing. But I think both things have changed hopefully.

Nah she won't go to jail, Destiny won't allow that. I really hope they follow through on Mystique being with Destiny (and maybe recruiting Pyro) even if that means they escape the islands (maybe this ties back to her mysterious scene on Orchis in HOX).

Apocalypse being the oldest mutant seems more like your grumpy stern old man. Kind if like it

The rogues' gallery needs to shrink to nothing and be rebuilt from scratch because it's been bad for a million years while baby Nimrod, homo-fettuccine-alfredo, Bentley from Sly Cooper, and my beautiful goth wife are already more cool and unique antagonists than most of the classics who've been written into whateverness.

Pooky sucks. Hickman knows that he should be cool. He knows that he can be cool because he read AoA. Now he is an Egyptian wizard. Let them make him cool.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I think she gets away with everything because of a) the movies and b) bad inconsistent writing. But I think both things have changed hopefully.
    Her serge in popularity is definitely because of the films. Not even a question. In the 90's, Mystique was dangerous in her own way, but she wasn't making fools of those above her weight class. She should be on Copycat or Domino level. But nowadays, she can easily manhandle Creed,, who's turned into her henchman instead of the solo villain who almost killed her twice in the 90's.

And no. Hickman hasn't changed either of those things. From the looks of it, she'll be the pet princess she's been since the 00's started.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-24-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Damn. The Rogue's gallery keeps shrinking. So I guess for legit villains, it leaves Magneto, Mystique, Sinister, and Selene.

All the others have been badly written jokes for 16 years at the last.

I guess it's good Apocalypse isn't shown much, which is a silver lining for a villain with poor showings. But seems he'll get a better run from Hickman. Creed's only good run was 2015-early 2017, and that whole thing is filler. lol So naturally his only good writing is filler. And when we get back to Canon he's embarrassed & tossed out by Rosenberg and Hickman.

So despite the terrible reign, Apocalypse seems like he's about to get his just due.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Tech Mystique and Sinister have been written as jokes too. Selene has been hardly written. So it only leaves Magneto.

Not Magneto. It doesnt make sense for Magneto to be a villian anymore and he hasnt really been one since Eve of Destruction almost 20 years ago. Bunn had him as such at the very end of Blue but that did not make sense and Marvel has since ignored that and writing him more like the gray character that suits him better than X-villian

Her serge in popularity is definitely because of the films. Not even a question. In the 90's, Mystique was dangerous in her own way, but she wasn't making fools of those above her weight class. She should be on Copycat or Domino level. But nowadays, she can easily manhandle Creed,, who's turned into her henchman instead of the solo villain who almost killed her twice in the 90's.

And non. Hickman hasn't changed either of those things. From the looks of it, she'll be the pet princess she's been since the 00's started.
    Mystique gonna be one of the responsible for Krakoa falling down.

Sure th emovies made her more important than it should

Brian looked so much better with a beard.
    Please Remain Calm

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Brian looked so much better with a beard.
    True he looked older and more royal

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I think the art is gorgeous. I don't mind the characters looking a bit younger, as long as they still look like adults.

If there's need for a fill-in artist, I hope we get Jorge Molina. His style complements To's (we're not getting Dauterman, let's face it).
    Molina would work great with To. Agree.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    Apocalypse being the oldest mutant seems more like your grumpy stern old man. Kind if like it
    Idk I like the grumpy grandpa angle with Apocalypse too. I think it’ll be good to see him walk on the light side for a bit.

Dang this looks good.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Apocalypse’s cape game is too strong.
    +1

This is going to be good...
    #MagnetoWasRight

Astonishing Member

Yep. I am hoping for that.

It'd be fun to take some bets on who's gonna get crap stirred up first.

Magneto, Sinister, or Apocalypse?

Mystique is already doing some stuff in X-Men, but she won't cause the complete pandemonium these others would.

I think Apo is gonna need lots of time. So I see Magneto or Sinister causing the first major issues within krakoa.
    I think you might be underestimating what Destiny's resurrection could mean for Krakoa and Moira/Xavier/Magneto she the person who could bring this whole House of cards tumbling down.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Apocalypse wants to find Arakko, which is sealed away in another dimension, so he can retrieve his original horsemen and possibly The Twilight Sword. That’s why he’s playing nice and working with Excalibur. If he gets his horsemen and/or the sword, he’ll probably stage a coup and everything will go to shit.
    I think Arakko will be the first X event for Summer 2020 when all 6 books will reach 12 issues.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 10-25-2019 at 12:19 AM.

Fantastic Member

Was that Pete Wisdom in the background at Braddock Academy? (Btw, what is Braddock Academy and when did this happen?! Who are they teaching???) I miss Brian’s hipster beard already.