Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

We need a Russell Dauterman on Excalibur for an arc campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    "Please, Trinary, call me [INCOMPREHENSIBLE KRAKOAN WARBLING SOUNDS], if possible."

This book could be Apocalypse only and I'd love it, but this preview is great and thank the dark lords the X-Books were able to keep a hold of Marcus To for the last two years and the near future. That stare Gambit gave Apocalypse is my kind of small character moment that says more than long ass balloons.
    Yes. Marcus is great. I hope he will stay on X books and Excalibur for near future.

Agree. That stare says a lot.

BANNED

They're really going into the mutant orgy thing, aren't they. Apocalypse is all like "look at all these precious children about to go down on each other. Beautiful".
    Last edited by PrezValentine; 10-24-2019 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    We need a Russell Dauterman on Excalibur for an arc campaign.
    I will be happy for To to draw as much as he can and wants Excalibur. He will probably need to rest after issue 6 but Ibhope he will be back soon. He is great.

I think the art is gorgeous. I don't mind the characters looking a bit younger, as long as they still look like adults.

If there's need for a fill-in artist, I hope we get Jorge Molina. His style complements To's (we're not getting Dauterman, let's face it).

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

So is Betsy remaining a psychic martial artist, or is she getting the whole otherworld package? The flight, strength, and invulnerability? A superman type who also knows ninjutsu sounds gloriously broken.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I think the art is gorgeous. I don't mind the characters looking a bit younger, as long as they still look like adults.

If there's need for a fill-in artist, I hope we get Jorge Molina. His style complements To's (we're not getting Dauterman, let's face it).
    Lord Molina is busy with extremely big and important work like: "Spider-Man is a Hulk again one-shot."
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

IA that Molina would compliment To well. But consider this: David Marquez.

When Dauterman comes back it will either be for Adjectiveless or an unannounced flagship project. The only satellite book I can see him doing interiors for is Marauders bc hes already attached to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Nope. Nope, nope, nope, this is colonialism.

Trust frickin' Apocalypse to want mutants to repeat the most horrible idea of the last two thousand years. What a dick.
    I prefer to think of it as some good ol Manifest Destiny.
    Besides, if mutants want to prosper they should do as Grommash Hellscream said. Become conquerors and enslave everyone else.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Amazing Member

Oh boy... You know you're in trouble when two siblings are talking together, and one of them mentions their third sibling, and the reply is, "Our Brother?"

That has got to be some of the worst expository dialogue I've ever seen. It's almost as bad as that pilot episode of Arrow, where the one lady turned to the other and basically says, "It's a good thing we are best friends and lawyers."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    IA that Molina would compliment To well. But consider this: David Marquez.

When Dauterman comes back it will either be for Adjectiveless or an unannounced flagship project. The only satellite book I can see him doing interiors for is Marauders bc hes already attached to it.
    Marquez is DC exclusive where he's on one of the 20 Batman books.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzle View Post
    Oh boy... You know you're in trouble when two siblings are talking together, and one of them mentions their third sibling, and the reply is, "Our Brother?"

That has got to be some of the worst expository dialogue I've ever seen. It's almost as bad as that pilot episode of Arrow, where the one lady turned to the other and basically says, "It's a good thing we are best friends and lawyers."
    “Why would I not have lunch with my little brother on his first day working for an evil architecture firm?”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mozzle View Post

While I can see that working somewhere, it is not like Brian thought she was talking about Madrox. Her saying "our brother" and him referring to him by name (without the question) would work better. Editor should have caught it. Definitely not the kind of opening that inspires confidence in the writing. But I also feel like stuff like this serves a purpose and there is worse examples of writing that has no reason.

Amazing Member

Yeah, or him replying, "If it's like Ibiza, it's for the best our brother can't..." They had a ton of simple options to make that exchange cleaner.

Great preview! Really looks like this is going to be a great read. I even enjoyed the part with Apocalpse, which I wasn't expecting. I can not wait to see how the different members of this team fare in Otherworld.

I agree the "as my twin" and "our brother" dialogue was a bit cringy, but I guess you never know when you might have new readers, and I have never begrudged comics doing that kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I like Betsy but first 2 pages with Brian were really boring. I am sure she will be more intresting in action.
    Aw, that was my favorite part of the preview. I wish we got way more moments like that in favor of the constant "action" and plot focused writing of most modern comics.