Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Oh Gambit is having none of that shit, and I love it!
    He's so handsome when he glares. Love.

Feels really nice to see him, Rogue, Trinary, and Betsy since we didn't get their pretty faces in HOX/POX.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    He's so handsome when he glares. Love.

Feels really nice to see him, Rogue, Trinary, and Betsy since we didn't get their pretty faces in HOX/POX.
    That's why I'm very interested in Excalibur and New Mutants. I want to see how these characters acclimate to the new Krakoan Society.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    We saw Cypher infecting Krakoa with the transmode virus
    It would be kind of weird and funny if Rogue is pregnant and krakoa somehow nutures ages up the baby and the twins in New Mutants actually ended up being the current continuity of their kid. Mutants might not see raising crying babies and i wouldn't be surprised if Krakoa aged infants up to whenever their powers manifest.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It would be kind of weird and funny if Rogue is pregnant and krakoa somehow nutures ages up the baby and the twins in New Mutants actually ended up being the current continuity of their kid. Mutants might not see raising crying babies and i wouldn't be surprised if Krakoa aged infants up to whenever their powers manifest.
    That poses an ethical dilemna though bc the twins already exist. Somebody is gonna have to die

BANNED

*Flashbacks to Bendis ageing up Jon Kent.*

Dude, no, that's horrible!! They'd miss out on so much their kids that way!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That poses an ethical dilemna though bc the twins already exist. Somebody is gonna have to die
    Unless they end up a Cuckoo hive, don't they have psionic powers?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

*Flashbacks to Bendis ageing up Jon Kent.*

Dude, no, that's horrible!! They'd miss out on so much their kids that way!!
    I can just easily see in a world with mutants that an infant could be considered boring and not really born until their mutation so aged up to that. Mutants live a different life than humans so parenting to them and time can be different. I'm not saying it's' right or wrong.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

I can just easily see in a world with mutants that an infant could be considered boring and not really born until their mutation so aged up to that. Mutants live a different life than humans so parenting to them and time can be different. I'm not saying it's' right or wrong.
    That sounds so...sociopathic...?

Like...they're not people until they get their powers...? They're not worth anything until that...?

What about everything beyond powers; the nurturing, bonding between parent and child, figuring out who they'll be and getting to know them? There's more to parenting than just...getting an adult out of it!

And, also, just thought; what if they aren't mutants? What if it's like a Graydon Creed situation in that two mutants have a human baby, not a mutant baby...? Do they get tossed off the island? Sent out for adoption...? Just, like it's nothing...?
    Last edited by Domino_Dare-Doll; 10-24-2019 at 03:03 PM.

BANNED

That line about Brian and Betsy "fake" dating in their youth is hilarious. If this is mutant Games of Thrones we have our Cersei and Jamie.

The contrast between Psylocke wanting to be called by her human name and Apocalypse rejecting even his mutant name in favor of gus krakoan name is interesting. We can assume Betsy is going to be the #notallhumans mouthpiece and Im preemptively annoyed. Not to mention it contradicts her characterization pretty badly. From XForce to this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    That line about Brian and Betsy "fake" dating in their youth is hilarious. If this is mutant Games of Thrones we have our Cersei and Jamie.

The contrast between Psylocke wanting to be called by her human name and Apocalypse rejecting even his mutant name in favor of gus krakoan name is interesting. We can assume Betsy is going to be the #notallhumans mouthpiece and Im preemptively annoyed. Not to mention it contradicts her characterization pretty badly. From XForce to this.
    I don't think retaining a bit of nuance is a bad thing? Let's be honest here; her roots are important to her, as is her family. She's going to be captain Britain...it'd be strange if she wasn't one of the characters to bridge that gap. It doesn't mean she's going to agree with the stance that the human governments might take, she just doesn't seem to want to separate completely from the life she's built with her family...as opposed to Apocalypse who is happily planning to invade and colonise other world.

I don't think retaining a bit of nuance is a bad thing? Let's be honest here; her roots are important to her, as is her family. She's going to be captain Britain...it'd be strange if she wasn't one of the characters to bridge that gap. It doesn't mean she's going to agree with the stance that the human governments might take, she just doesn't seem to want to separate completely from the life she's built with her family...as opposed to Apocalypse who is happily planning to invade and colonise other world.
    You took the words out of my brain.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

I don't think retaining a bit of nuance is a bad thing? Let's be honest here; her roots are important to her, as is her family. She's going to be captain Britain...it'd be strange if she wasn't one of the characters to bridge that gap. It doesn't mean she's going to agree with the stance that the human governments might take, she just doesn't seem to want to separate completely...as opposed to Apocalypse who is happily planning to invade and colonise other world.
    Nuanced viewpoints r a good thing. When Jean showed concern for Orchis scientists wellbeing it rang true. But Psylocke was part of a killsquad and struggling to control her impulse to commit violence in mutantkinds name. She also berated Brian for not supporting her mutant family. Her words, not mine. This sudden closeness to her sapien relatives seems to be just there to create artificial drama.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Nuanced viewpoints r a good thing. When Jean showed concern for Orchis scientists wellbeing it rang true. But Psylocke was part of a killsquad and struffling to control her impulse to commit violence in mutantkinds name. She also berated Brian for not supporting her mutant family. Her words, not mine. This sudden closeness to her sapien relatives seems to be just there to create artificial drama.
    Was this OG-Betsy or Kwannon-Betsy? Because by the looks of things there's going to be a separation of the two ideals? Keep in mind; OG Betsy might be written a bit different than Kwannon if that's the case?

Apoclaypse be like
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

That sounds so...sociopathic...?

Like...they're not people until they get their powers...? They're not worth anything until that...?

What about everything beyond powers; the nurturing, bonding between parent and child, figuring out who they'll be and getting to know them? There's more to parenting than just...getting an adult out of it!

And, also, just thought; what if they aren't mutants? What if it's like a Graydon Creed situation in that two mutants have a human baby, not a mutant baby...? Do they get tossed off the island? Sent out for adoption...? Just, like it's nothing...?
    I could see it happening but i don't think they will throw out a human baby. Though i could see mutant parents possibly being ashamed of themselves if they gave birth to a human baby in this "mutant utopia". I guess that's all part of what we are here to find out through the story being presented to us.

That's one opinion, some people don't like babies and some people don't bond with babies or toddlers but do with older children. So i don't know if it will or won't happen but i could see it happening.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.