Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    No problem. Plus, Red Hood in general, since Rebirth, has been really good. The worst? Solid (nothing great, but not awful).

RHATO was my fave rebirth book until Biz and Art were taken off the book.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    His name was Christopher, aka Burden. And yes, he was absolutely endearing! So was Mouse from the same series.

Speaking of obscure characters I'm fond of, the iteration of the Green Team Teen Trillionaires that was out during the same time was super fun. Despite it's short run of 5 issues before being cancelled, I became quite invested in them.

Honestly, most of what I like or have grown to like tends to come from books that are super short lived in the last 8 years or so. New 52 was my jam for books like that.
    Burden! Yeah, I remember my first reaction when I first read that was... wow. Awful parents. Because he first refers to himself as Burden, not his real name.

Richard Dragon, in particular, his "retired badass™" portrayal in various Question/Huntress-related stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    RHATO was my fave rebirth book until Biz and Art were taken off the book.
    The last issue they came back to the main Earth after being trapped on another for months (and a place in between realities).

Thanks for the update! I did pick up the annual where their story is updated. Are they back for good now?
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

I liked Starling, Evelyn Crawford.

Whatsa matter with y'all for not being super into her. She's a treat.

David Zavimbe, I really dug his New 52 run but it never materialized anything spectacular and then they shelved him to give his mantle to Luke Fox; with a nice little insult by retconning David was Bruce's second choice. They left him wanting to "go his own way" so I would love if they reintroduced him as a new hero. Maybe have him working with Lord Battle (who I am absolutely in love with as a concept from David's run) as a way to give him some kind of ability to make him stand out.

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Thanks for the update! I did pick up the annual where their story is updated. Are they back for good now?
    At least until #50 (when Lobdell's current plans for the series ends). After that, depends on what happens with the series going forwards.

As per the title. Tell me why you love this character!
    I like Empress from PAD's Young Justice. I like her because of her backstory, her parents, her friendships with Cassie and Cissie, and her amazing powers and gear. She has tactile teleportation, fighting skills, and magick.

Spectacular Member

my obscure characters that I appreciate are Captain Atom and Doctor Mid-Nite (Pieter Cross). Cap's last mini series was just some crazy stuff that didn't fit, was hoping for more after he started making apperances again. As for Cross...I don't know with the Justice Society/JSA return if it'll be him as the good Doctor returning. Wish he could've survived New 52 just like Mister Terrific did.

Boisterously Confused

My favorite is probably Alpha Centurion.
    Image.jpg
    I love the idea of a brilliant human-out-of-time, who through will, technology, and alternative tactics can equal Superman.

I also love Baron Winters
    Image.jpg
    I adore the mysterious, supernatural, Machiavellian string-puller type characters.

A few favorites that are relatively obscure, but not totally.

1. OMAC, both Buddy Blank and Kevin Kho.

Buddy's Omac was Captain America, in the future. It was a really fun book to read, but Jack Kirby didn't get to finish it. I re-read it from time to time, I mean, the first story has him blow up a factory full of robot sex dolls.

Kevin's OMAC was a cyborg version of the hulk, people who didn't like Mark Waid's run at the time called OMAC the best hulk book on the stands. I miss reading about them. They were a lot of fun.

2. Caitlin Fairchild. Caitlin, like Power Girl before her, has been written off as a male-gaze-y fanservice character, and admittedly she kind of was, but she's more than that. She's a computer scientist, a capable leader and strategist.

repost from the other obscure character thread:

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

Saint Walker, I absolutely LOVE Saint Walker! personally, of all of DC's characters [maybe comics in general], he's the one I aspire to be like the most.

[Saint Walker]
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-01-2019 at 06:17 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

What about some of the freaky looking Lanterns in the Sinestro Corps?

Some of them should get at least a mini or one-shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^I was actually going to list the original Claw...!
    And the Warlord.
    Agreed on both of these. I wish Claw the Unconquered was treated as DC’s premiere “fantasy” hero, ala Conan the Barbarian. And the Warlord is basically a whole D&D world right at the center of DC’s Earth - incredible concept.

I also love the Haunted Tank. The ghost of a Confederate general haunting a tank that fought Nazis is just amazing to me.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!