Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Tell me about obscure characters you're super into but virtually no one else is!

As per the title. Tell me why you love this character!
    Last edited by Ulysses; 10-24-2019 at 01:23 PM.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Extraordinary Member

All the members of L.E.G.I.O.N - Vril Dox II, Lyrissa Mallor, Stealth, Strata, Garryn & Marij'n Bek, Captain Comet, Lady Quark, etc...

I'm pretty fond of Bunker, but I don't even know if he's being used in anything.

Otherwise, hrm. Captain Marvel Jr is one. He was never really obscure historically, but now that the Marvel Family has been phased out in favor of the Shazam Fam and their grown-up counterparts, I especially miss Captain Marvel Jr. and his old school tendency to just really freaking hate Nazis and spend all his time trying to kill them.

Yeah, I mean like, Golden Age Captain Marvel Jr.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Night Girl of the Legion.

Time to liver forever! Energist's Avatar

Kate Spencer's my favorite character at DC, and she's pretty obscure, I think.

Beyond Kate, though, I also really like Starling (Evelyn Crawford), whom I've all but given up on ever seeing again after she unceremoniously turned heel and disappeared.

On the villain side, I wish Roulette got more love.
    "Forgiving the unrepentant is like drawing pictures on water." - Japanese Proverb

Lorena Marquez the second Aquagirl. I liked her in the Dan Abnett Aquaman run from the 2000s.

Akila the Bana-Mighdall Amazon that first appeared in Wonder Woman annual volume 2. She was an engineer and pacifist.

Shadowpact and Power Company. Particularly Nightshade for the former and Skyrocket and Witchfire for the latter.

^^^Yeah, i’m a Power Company fan.

Ted Kord Blue Beetle, he’s my guy.
    Damage, who’s book ended much too soon.
    Vartox. Come on the guy’s based on Sean Connery!
    Challengers of the Unknown. The real ones (The Professor, Ace, Rocky, Red, June).
    The Creeper, he’s awesome!
    Flame bird. Nightwing’s number one fan girl.

There are way more but this is off the toppa my head.

Manhunter:

I wouldn't say I'm "super into" those characters, but I've always liked Hawkman and Ray Palmer. Obviously they shouldn't be considered obscure, but they seem rather underrated to me. And their friendship is really underrated.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-24-2019 at 02:46 PM.

I like Claire Clover (Gotham Girl), but I think im one of very few.

I think she is doomed to irrelevance sadly.

I've always loved Plastic Man. I know not super obscure but very under utilized...

THen there is Prime from the Ultraverse.
    A sort of Spiderman/Shazam hybrid.

All-New Member

So many, just a few off the top of my head: Animal Man, Manhunter (all versions), and Metamorpho.
    Last edited by Thunder Agent; 10-24-2019 at 03:26 PM.

Lillith Clay/Omen, of the Titans.
    I feel like every time she is near getting some solid storytelling, there is a creative change and she gets swept under the rug for another 5 years.
    I like her spooky origins as first told in the backup stories in the OG Teen Titans first run. And I also like the hippie counter-culture vibe she's always had.
    Lastly, the DCU doesn't have nearly as many prominent telepaths as Marvel...her powers are "reasonably" unique in the overpopulated DC hero world.
    (yes, yes there are other telepaths but not many prominent ones who get significant page time other than Martian Manhunter, Miss Martian and Saturn Girl).

The John Chan version of Claw - formerly of "Primal Force" (I did a little update to his look)
    Attached Images Attached Images

^^^I was actually going to list the original Claw...!
    And the Warlord.