Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

She was actually a cool character. She had a reason to dislike Peter and it wasn't because she is just some jerk that likes to screw Peter.

Unfortunately Slott chose to replace her with his own creations that didn't work well because they were just jerks that like to screw Peter (Sajani and Rubylyn).

The IDW book is relaunching.

MARVEL ACTION SPIDER-MAN (2020) #1 CVR A OSSIO
    NOV190692
    (W) Brandon Easton (A/CA) Fico Ossio
    Readers ages 8-12 can get tangled up in these all-new adventures of Spider-Man and his amazing friends! Peter, Miles, and Gwen have completed their internships at the Daily Bugle-now they’re all shook up over their latest foe! A Marvelous new era continues!
    In Shops: Jan 22, 2020
    SRP: $3.99
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The IDW book is relaunching.

MARVEL ACTION SPIDER-MAN (2020) #1 CVR A OSSIO
    NOV190692
    (W) Brandon Easton (A/CA) Fico Ossio
    Readers ages 8-12 can get tangled up in these all-new adventures of Spider-Man and his amazing friends! Peter, Miles, and Gwen have completed their internships at the Daily Bugle-now they’re all shook up over their latest foe! A Marvelous new era continues!
    In Shops: Jan 22, 2020
    SRP: $3.99
    Wait, they're relaunching? Didn't they just start?

I don't know exactly how many issues it lasted, but it's been over a year.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I think keeping them away from OG Spider-Man is a terrible idea because it negates the purpose of having them as successors in the first place. Having them in their own series is great and all but imposing an embargo is too much. By this point, Spider-Man interacts with everyone but them more often which is ridiculous.
    I think it's a better idea to keep them away from OG!Spider-Man because they generally just don't fit well into Peter's life or the basic Spider-Man narrative, which is probably why Spencer has hardly touched on them at all.

For the most part these characters were not designed to co-exist like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Yeah, I really didn't like Vin. I liked the dynamic with Michelle though, as I liked Peter meeting a woman that straight up hated him instead of crushed on him lol
    But it is good to read about Peter and Boomerang with Randy, because their dynamic is solid. Peter needs more non-powered male friends!
    Michelle was a crazy woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's a better idea to keep them away from OG!Spider-Man because they generally just don't fit well into Peter's life or the basic Spider-Man narrative, which is probably why Spencer has hardly touched on them at all.

For the most part these characters were not designed to co-exist like this.

Michelle was a crazy woman.
    Maybe they weren't designed to co-exist like this, but that doesn't mean they should never be able to interact with the hero that inspired them. That's nonsense.

Maybe they weren't designed to co-exist like this, but that doesn't mean they should never be able to interact with the hero that inspired them. That's nonsense.
    Well, the only one that Peter really inspired is Miles and I guess we get the occasional team-up between them every now and then.

I guess Kaine and maybe SpOck too.

If media adaptions are going to use other spiders more then I guess there should be more of a baseline for character dynamics/relationships for them to draw from rather then see writers stumble over how to implement these characters together.

I am fine with the current formula of just having them crossover during events. The problem is that the only stories that basically get everyone together are two Inheritor plots in the past several years. If Spencer's thing is good it might fix that.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Well, the only one that Peter really inspired is Miles and I guess we get the occasional team-up between them every now and then.

I guess Kaine and maybe SpOck too.

If media adaptions are going to use other spiders more then I guess there should be more of a baseline for character dynamics/relationships for them to draw from rather then see writers stumble over how to implement these characters together.
    But you don't want that, do you? Damn near every post I've seen from you on this forum has been griping about the extra spider-characters. Wouldn't it be more productive to, you know, not do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I am fine with the current formula of just having them crossover during events. The problem is that the only stories that basically get everyone together are two Inheritor plots in the past several years. If Spencer's thing is good it might fix that.
    I figure whatever tie-in they have will be in one-shots or in their own books.
    But you don't want that, do you? Damn near every post I've seen from you on this forum has been griping about the extra spider-characters. Wouldn't it be more productive to, you know, not do that?
    I don't gripe about the extra spider-characters as individuals at least. I do like them .

I don't gripe about the extra spider-characters as individuals at least. I do like them .
    Based on what I've seen, I'm not entirely sure of that.

Astonishing Member

I will be buying from the Spider-Man Family Solicits of January 2020 :

Symbiote Spider-man: Alien reality #2 (of 5)
    Venom #22
    Black cat #8