Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I guess you can count some action or horror flicks in this category, when I was under 10, I saw movies like Robocop, The Thing, Class of 1999, The Fly, all featuring rather graphic violence. My mom and granny used to reassure me "eh, it's just tomato juice and plastic limbs, so it didn't gross me out too much.

It's funny how bloodless and sexless many action movies are these days.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

BANNED

I saw Robocop in theather with my father when i was 4 or something... lol i was totally freaked out at the end parts where the guy melted in acid... lol i was ok at murphie's horrible death though. lol Then i saw one of the jaws films at theather with both of my parents when i was 5 or something... And shortly afterwards my parents took me to sea for swimming..... i was crying the whole time. lol I still have hard time going to deep parts of the sea when i go to sea... jaws will get me... lol

I also watched Excalibur and Conan The Barbarian on tv when i was 7... lol but the sex scenes were cut off, so no problem i guess other then the extreme violance... This is probably why no pg 13 film satisfy me. I'm used to R Rated violance... lol I love R Rated films. Conan is my all times favorite film. Arnold rules Close seconds are Excalibur and Robocop. But i hate sharks... lol
    Last edited by Gurz; 10-25-2019 at 03:20 AM.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

The Blue Lagoon which I somehow managed to watch on late night TV when I was about 14, maybe even younger.

I've never gotten over Brooke Shields ever since. Of course, I now know that all of the nude scenes in the movie were performed by a stunt double as Shields herself was underage. I didn't know that at the time though. Was the movie actually any good? God knows but I imagine probably not.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

BANNED

OH ! the time when i watched Conan II in video tape at the age of 9 or something. I was like ''Bah !!! this film is for babies !!'' i was really upset how they turned it into kid ***** at the age of 9 or something... lol

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    My mother never really restricted my viewing, so much so that I basically watched everything she watched (which was a wide range of things).

Except the boobies scene in Dracula, with Keanu Reeves. She made me cover my eyes* for some odd reason, and despite how many other on-screen boobies (and other parts) I had already witnessed.

*I still watched through my fingers.
    Did mom cover your eyes in that scene where Mina and Lucy liplocked?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I was really young when I watched Jaws.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I remember seeing "The Bad News Bears" in the theater as a kid. It must have been PG, before they had PG-13. Perhaps the most swearing I've ever heard in a single movie, to this day.

I also saw "Ragtime" in the theater... I was about 15, I think. Apparently a very extensive full-frontal nude scene with Elizabeth McGovern still got you a PG in those days.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Too many to list, no doubt.

I was born in 1965, and my parents were big horror nerds and pushed me into all kinds of horror movies from the late-60s onward (pretty much all the big ones). They didn't care and thought it would toughen me up. And they were sort of right-- it numbed me for horror.

1971: Andromeda Strain (this actually gave me nightmares for weeks)
    1972: The Godfather (probably inappropriate for a 6/7-year-old)
    1973: Jesus Christ Superstar
    1974: Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein
    1975: One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, Dog Day Afternoon, MP& the Holy Grail, Jaws

I was between 10-12 when I started regularly going to Rocky Horror for many years. I was 15/16 for Porky's, Stripes, Escape from New York, and anything else in1981 (only arguably inappropriate, imo, as some would probably be PG-13 today). And I was mostly under 18 for all of the Cheech & Chong movies. Theatres just generally didn't care back then in my area.

And yeah, I was about 14/15 when I saw Blue Lagoon, too. A friend's mother took us to see a Godzilla movie, and I ended up leaving it and my friend to watch Blue Lagoon with her. Godzilla's never been my thing.

Oh! Caddyshack, too. And Altered States.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 10-25-2019 at 11:12 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Extraordinary Member

JoJo Dancer 1986 rated R. Poltergeist 1982 rated pg for some reason.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 10-25-2019 at 04:47 PM.

My parents never cared I was watching Benny Hill by the time I was 3 and they took me to see in theaters Gremlins at 5 and Colors with Sean Penn and Robert Duvall at 8.

All of them, i’d Guess.

I grew up in NYC during the 80s.
    I was going into movies unaccompanied on 42nd Street by the age of 13. They didn’t care back then. Hell, I was buying booze at my neighborhood liquor store by that age. And smoking dope.
    Man i’m Surprised I made it through the 80s...!

Fantastic Member

I saw hellraiser when i was like 8 or 9. Scared the beejesus out of me. I saw alot of horrors and porky type films because of my brother and sister who were older of course

Ultimate Member

Conan the Barbarian. A friend conned his babysitter to take us, and she was mortified by the orgy scene and made us promise not to tell his mother. Good times.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    ...Benny Hill by the time I was 3...
    Not 3, but many of my formative years were spent with Mr. Hill. I don't know exactly when, and it was somewhat edited in the States, but still very questionably appropriate.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Amityville Horror, Tourist Trap, and the Incredible Melting Man.