Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default If Wonder Woman were to get another pet, what would you want it to be?

If you know a lot about Wonder Woman’s mythos, you know that she has a giant pet kangaroo named Jumpa. But what if they decide to add another pet to the wonder family much like how the Superfamily has streaky or the Bat family has Bat cow?

I’d think it be amazing if she had a mythical creature like a Manticore or dragon as a pet. Or maybe even a pegasus.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

A dragon or a gryphon.

It should be a kanga. Unlike a flying horse (which she's already had, along with Marvel's Valkyries and several other characters) or a dragon (Kitty Pryde has that covered) they're completely unique to her, super cute and Jumpa has history and existing merchandise.

jumpa.jpg

Jumpa-Motorcycle-P003.jpg

Besides, who doesn't love a kanga in a sidecar?

She should have tons of pets of all kinds.

Hell, how many Wonder Dogs does DC currently have access to?

In addition to Jumpa, I'd love to see Diana co-opt Rex the Wonder Dog into her family. A winged lion would make an interesting pet and then they can all hang out with Mysia, Achilles Warkiller's elephant.

I often wonder. If Clarke and Bruce can have pets. Why not Jumpa be brought in the Dc universe

Wonder T-Rex.

Nuff said.

Jumpas fun, but, there really should be a pretty, female Wonder Dog, if only to keep up with the other hero families. Bathound is a German Shepherd, and Krypto looks like some strain of white bird dog; could Wonder Dog be a sleek Pharoah Hound ..or a chunky Rottie? Wonder Dog should be pretty, maybe prissy sporting dog that any little girl would love to call her own.

Does this bee get her own tiara? That's what I want to know!

Tired of the Wonders being left out of all the family fun...
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 10-25-2019 at 03:06 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

A cheetah.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Jumpas fun, but, there really should be a pretty, female Wonder Dog, if only to keep up with the other hero families. Bathound is a German Shepherd, and Krypto looks like some strain of white bird dog; could Wonder Dog be a sleek Pharoah Hound ..or a chunky Rottie? Wonder Dog should be pretty, maybe prissy sporting dog that any little girl would love to call her own.

Does this bee get her own tiara? That's what I want to know!

Tired of the Wonders being left out of all the family fun...
    Three headed dog. Offspring of Cerebus.

It could begin by looking like something like this.
    Last edited by LordMikel; 10-25-2019 at 10:11 PM.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Interesting idea, especially for the way it makes it possible to approach Diana's abilities with animals.

Given the way that the Amazons value competitions, I think there is only one sport that Diana can participate in in Man's World on a reasonably fair level: equestrian sports. So a horse makes sense from that aspect. The classical Amazons were also horsewomen, so even if they use kangas nowadays, I think Diana would be drawn to horses in Man's World.

The other idea I have is a snake. They were popular in ancient Greece, both in myths and as pets, and a snake can get to places few other animals can.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Boisterously Confused

I like the idea of giving her an owl. They're associated with Athena as symbols of wisdom and mysticism, but also fierce predators.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 10-29-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I like the idea of giving her an owl. They're associated with Artemis as symbols of wisdom and mysticism, but also fierce predators.
    I think an Owl is a symbol of Athena? While Artermis is more often associated with a deer.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I think an Owl is a symbol of Athena? While Artermis is more often associated with a deer.
    Yup. Here are some of the sacred animals of the Greek gods associated with Wonder Woman and the Amazons:

• Aphrodite: dove, swan, and several other birds
    • Artemis: bear, deer (there is indeed discussion that Artemis was a development of older bear cult)
    • Athena: owl
    • Demeter: snake, pig
    • Hermes: ram, hare
    • Hestia: pig
    • Persephone: none listed, but since her and Demeter's cults were similar, the snake and the pig are two safe bets
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Yup. Here are some of the sacred animals of the Greek gods associated with Wonder Woman and the Amazons:

• Aphrodite: dove, swan, and several other birds
    • Artemis: bear, deer (there is indeed discussion that Artemis was a development of older bear cult)
    • Athena: owl
    • Demeter: snake, pig
    • Hermes: ram, hare
    • Hestia: pig
    • Persephone: none listed, but since her and Demeter's cults were similar, the snake and the pig are two safe bets
    I'd enjoy one of each.