Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Should Diana have a chatty, clingy Harpy eagle, then? Seriously...great pets!

But being an Amazon, named 'Diana'...like how do you NOT have a dog? Diana...Artemis, ..goddesses of the hunt, right? That's like an automatic dog, I think.

Should be.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 12-23-2019 at 05:01 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Should Diana have a chatty, clingy Harpy eagle, then? Seriously...great pets!

But being an Amazon, named 'Diana'...like how do you NOT have a dog? Diana...Artemis, ..goddesses of the hunt, right? That's like an automatic dog, I think.

Should be.
    and Voiced by Gilbert Godfrey

Artemis symbol is a deer though

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Artemis symbol is a deer though
    Not only the deer. While the deer, bear, and guineafowl were her primary sacred animals, Artemis also had hunting dogs.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

BANNED

She should totally have an invisible animal lol an invisible turkey... xD

Invisible pet rock?
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Invisible pet rock?
    Maybe, Diana's already got a dog, with her own little invisible, doggy jet. Maybe, that's why we can't see her doggy.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 12-27-2019 at 01:44 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

A Siberian flying squirrel. Because I love those and DC is so damn focused on turning Diana into a badass swordswoman (which, yes, she absolutely is) that they forget she's a pretty kind and upbeat character. I think a small, fun pet would help balance out how heavily they push her into warlike characterization. Go go Wonder Squirrel!

I just love those little guys. They're awesome. That said...

As mentioned prior, an owl is a great choice because it refers to Athena and all the wisdom and hunting prowess they usually represent, which DC is more likely to do. While it does push her into that warrior archetype again, it does so with something that has a more intelligent and slightly regal/divine attribute which fits her well. This is probably the best call for her currently, though I admit Doc Mid-Nite may take offense.

Diana doesn't need more badass warrior stories. She needs more friendship fantasy, and almost the entire genre of horse books is centered around that. (Girl acquires horse. Finds stable. Finds friends at stable.)

Heck, have her give riding lessons to Babs/Oracle.

Otherwise, I think either a pig or a snake would be most fitting. Remember that also that she grew up in a society that would have a very different view of animals than we do. The idea of a "pet" would be foreign to her.

Diana doesn't need more badass warrior stories. She needs more friendship fantasy, and almost the entire genre of horse books is centered around that. (Girl acquires horse. Finds stable. Finds friends at stable.)

Otherwise, I think either a pig or a snake would be most fitting. Remember that also that she grew up in a society that would have a very different view of animals than we do. The idea of a "pet" would be foreign to her.
    No pigs, that's too much like Suzanne Sugarbaker and Noel.

1251257606_5.jpg

A snake is reminiscent of the one who gave Diana her sanity back in Rebirth and the Wonder Woman of China Peng Deilan was once a white snake. If you google image search "Wonder Woman snake" you'll see she been attacked by them often, so it's kind of weird that she'd make one a pet.

mmm... raw bacon... *gets out skillet*

None of the options really stands out as "obvious right choice".

Spectacular Member

I think an endangered species is more fitting for a pet to Diana, like the tiger who asks her for help because her family was killed by a poacher.

Ironically, the writers who go for "badass warrior" stories tend to portray her as less competent in that regard than the ones who don't really have it as a focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakel View Post
    I think an endangered species is more fitting for a pet to Diana, like the tiger who asks her for help because her family was killed by a poacher.
    this is kinda like my rationale for suggesting a hydra. Most people would rather kill them than leave them alone.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    So now I'm down for this Amazon menagerie:

Mel's Sparta the Wonder Dog
    Jumpa
    The original Pegasus
    A winged lioness
    Mysia, Achilles' elephant
    Thank you for supporting SPARTA, the WONDER DOG!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    If you know a lot about Wonder Woman’s mythos, you know that she has a giant pet kangaroo named Jumpa. But what if they decide to add another pet to the wonder family much like how the Superfamily has streaky or the Bat family has Bat cow?

I’d think it be amazing if she had a mythical creature like a Manticore or dragon as a pet. Or maybe even a pegasus.
    I'd say she should get a dachshund because they are naturally humorous!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.