Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Well, if we're pulling from cartoons, then Penny from Inspector Gadget.
    Velma for me, then!

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

For cartoon girls... Josie and the Pussycats all the way (including Alexandra).

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    For cartoon girls... Josie and the Pussycats all the way (including Alexandra).
    Well, from the cartoon girl department, Betty Cooper from the Archie Show.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

from cartoons I liked Lion-O from Thundercats.

Also Terry Grandchester from the Japanese cartoon "Candy Candy". He was tall, dark, handome and mysterious, and for the 80s he was ahead of his time, he smoked!

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I remember that show.

Kathy Coleman was another one for me. As you said, it isn't weird because I was underage myself at the time. Looking at a photo of her now, I don't remotely get what the attraction was. She looks like a cute little girl on Land of the Lost.
    Oh yah, she was pretty cute too.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Topanga.

*drops mic*

I think I'll go with Gillian Anderson as Dana Scully or Jessica Alba from Idle Hands.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Astonishing Member

Pamela Anderson...

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Hmm, I don't think I had any animated crushes until I was older, so nothing from my very young childhood in the 80's comes to mind.

So that means the earliest things I can think of would be Jennifer Love Hewitt and Elisa Maza from Gargoyles both happening in the mid-90's.

Princess Leia's metal bikini affected me in pretty much the same way it affects all adolescent boys, but I think I had to re-watch it as a teenager in the late 90's around the time of the Special Editions for that to happen. Also had to re-watch Gremlins and Fast Times much later to retroactively crush on Phoebe Cates.

I'd say Kelly from Saved by the Bell was my first BIG crush. Though Madonna was probably my earliers and longest.

Retired

Toby Tarnow. I know she was on a morning show for kids, but I'm not sure. IMDb doesn't show what I'm looking for--I thought it was something like ROMPER ROOM. She was Princess Pan on the Canadian version of HOWDY DOODY--but I don't think that was it, because I would have been so young (but a baby) when it ended. However, I had her picture, clipped from the newspaper, pasted into the scrapbook that my mother kept for me.

Interesting to see who else was on Canada's HOWDY DOODY--Robert Goulet (Trapper Pierre), James Doohan (Ranger Bill), William Shatner (Ranger Bob), Barbara Hamilton (Willow).

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Toby Tarnow. I know she was on a morning show for kids, but I'm not sure. IMDb doesn't show what I'm looking for--I thought it was something like ROMPER ROOM. She was Princess Pan on the Canadian version of HOWDY DOODY--but I don't think that was it, because I would have been so young (but a baby) when it ended. However, I had her picture, clipped from the newspaper, pasted into the scrapbook that my mother kept for me.
    Was it Mr. Dressup?

Retired

Mr. Dressup came later (1967). Prior to that, the shows I watched as a tot were THE FRIENDLY GIANT, CHEZ HELENE, PETE'S PLACE--and a ROMPER ROOM show (or a Canadian version of that). Sometimes also on the American channel 12, I'd watch CAPTAIN KANGAROO. There was also MISTER ROGER'S NEIGHBOURHOOD, which was the show Fred Rogers did in Canada before going back to the United States and starting MISTEROGERS there.

I remember The Friendly Giant. They showed it here (upstate New York) on PBS in the early 70s.

Romper Room was a local show, like Bozo the Clown... there was a different hostess in every city.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I remember The Friendly Giant. They showed it here (upstate New York) on PBS in the early 70s.

Romper Room was a local show, like Bozo the Clown... there was a different hostess in every city.
    Speaking of kid's shows I did have a bit of a crush on Shari Lewis. She was a ventriloquist who did a routine with a white lamb puppet appropriately called Lamb Chop, Hush Puppy, and Charlie Horse.