Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Exactly. And it was the best "Nuff Said Silent" issue of all the X-book line imo. It was easy to read, yet complex enough, and clever. Amazing Emma/Jean interaction.
    So true. There was even humor to be found in the silence. Those horrible faces that vomited on Emma, causing her to get stuck. Then, when Jean comes back, she gives Emma a look like "Just what are you doing?". And poor Emma was looking back like "What? I was coming along and these faces mucked me all up! I remember laughing so hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    So true. There was even humor to be found in the silence. Those horrible faces that vomited on Emma, causing her to get stuck. Then, when Jean comes back, she gives Emma a look like "Just what are you doing?". And poor Emma was looking back like "What? I was coming along and these faces mucked me all up! I remember laughing so hard!
    Yes, that's also why I loved Morrison's run so much. It had humours, it had complex stories and relationships between the characters. It was mostly clever with good dialogues too. His silent issue was very creative, and Quietly did great too, designing Xavier's mind. Emma and Jean's interaction were on point, and I hope Hickman will do a great Jean, as he's able to write a great Emma. I'm still waiting for his "great Jean", but I want to stay positive.

I loved Jean and Emma's team up in the silent psychic rescue issue. It was great. I hope we love this issue just as much. I also loved Emma and Jean's team up in the Jean Grey solo. These characters make such a good team because of their differences and similarities. They also make a good team up because of the drama and history with their characters, their famed rivalry. I think here they will get a long better and work together in a common cause (saving Storm).

I am interested in how Hickman will differentiate their personality as well as the use of their powers. I have no doubt Emma will have a good showing and I hope the same is true of Jean. Both are stated as two of the world's most powerful telepaths (which of course is true. We've said it many times but not being an omega doesn't make someone weak or less than because Xavier isn't omega and he is scary powerful). I am suspecting this issue will tie in to the Marauders cover where Emma and Storm appear to be in conflict. I also expect Jean not to be in the X-force issues in February.

Could be an issue worth reading. Always loved the Jean-Emma ''dynamic''.

New cover

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I hope there is more Storm in this and not only Jean and Emma.
    Sadly I think Storm is there only to be rescued, hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    New cover

Damn. I'm so excited about this.

I don't think I like the X-Men Red costume in teal and yellow

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I don't think I like the X-Men Red costume in teal and yellow
    It was made for blue/red and looks better in it. If they were gonna change it to green/yellow, I think she should have added some black accents to it especially around the upper torso area similarly to teen Jean

New cover

I love this cover, the best and most powerful Women of X, this is awesome, Storm, Jean, and Emma, and they look so badass, it's a great cover!!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I hope there is more Storm in this and not only Jean and Emma.
    Sadly I think Storm is there only to be rescued, hope I'm wrong.
    Emma and Jean probably rescue Storm, and then the three of them just bring down holy hellfire on whomever caused the problem in the first place. I am pretty sure they won't miss an opportunity to do several panels with the three of them fighting together, so I think Storm is going to bring the fire and lightning in the last few pages!

New cover

Nice cover. I like all 3 ladies showing their powers.

I rarely have seen Emma have a power display through her hands, and often wondered why not?

I know back when Emma first appeared, she was shown with green energy from her hands a few times, but then it went away. I like the white power display here as something unique for Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Nice cover. I like all 3 ladies showing their powers.

I rarely have seen Emma have a power display through her hands, and often wondered why not? I know back I. The early X-Men, she was shown with green energy from her hands a few times, but then it went away. I like the white power display here-unique for Emma.
    Because she's just a telepath and TP only characters tend to have their power signature come from their heads, not hands

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Damn. I'm so excited about this.
    Very nice! Thanks!

Jean, front and center, with two of the greatest X-Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Very nice! Thanks!

Jean, front and center, with two of the greatest X-Woman.
    I love this cover better than the first one. It truly emphasizes Jean, Storm, and Emma as the goddesses of X!