Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Who’s the artist on Magneto?
    I want all of them, I hope they do a collected edition of all five.
    Ben Oliver, I believe. Collecting all 5 sounds like a great idea. What're the other 2? There's JG and EF, M, NC... who else?

Considering Dauterman's favourite character is Jean and he plotted the issue with Hickman Marvel style, I'm not too worried about Emma upstaging Jean... but fans need to stop being so insecure!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Eh I don't care about that. What happened to Storm.....
    It was all a dream. That panel was Jean and Emma trying to wake her up so they can all go to a Rave. They ultimately said
    "F this shyt!" And left Ororo to sleep happily ever after.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    Ben Oliver, I believe. Collecting all 5 sounds like a great idea. What're the other 2? There's JG and EF, M, NC... who else?
    The last two haven’t been announced yet.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think some people are getting this little detail wrong, Scott is a factor between them, a big one but is not the only problem between them (It would be extremely reductive for both characters to make him a huge deal between them, that is not cute btw but here we are)
    Jean and Emma have trouble long before Morrison was thinking on killing Jean and making scemma.
    Please say this again he wasn't even the prize he was an unforeseen misstep by Emma all with an end goal of simply messing with Jean because she could.

I'm all in on a Jean/Emma team up but someone posted a panel referencing the "Silent Issue", and that sums up my thoughts on a relationship between the two. Jean respects and tolerates Emma for her expertise and brilliance. Emma recognizes and somewhat envies Jean's resilience and altruism. But yeah they should have had a chance to develop a relationship, so much has happened between them and it would have been nice to see two polar opposites find common ground and choose to be confidants.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    True and if you mean the hellfire club involvement in Dark Phoenix it is generally ignored. Though some of it was brought up in the Bunn Generations Jean and Phoenix issue (that Jean/Phoenix was manipulated). This I can bridge and agree it is something that could be used, but I doubt it.
    Even when THC are mentioned it's always in the context of enemy of the X-men, Jean's connection is glossed over, except Mastermind when they remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    See? She's constantly taking Ls.
    Isn't this kinda validating the whole Jean/Emma only fight over Scott thing though? It also reduces A LOT of the bs Jean experienced where actual writers were shitting on her character as well as editors.

The intellectual dishonesty has to stop . You use things to support your argument while ignoring things that outright contradict your argument which is hilarious because you accuse us of doing the same thing. At least we concede contradictory evidence exists.

The fact is based on the retcon that the Phoenix merged with Jean, it took not only her genetic form but her memories as well as a portion of her soul/consciousness. It kind of sounds familiar now with the resurrection protocols. I can't wait for Emma to be backed up and cloned to see if some of you still consider her to be Emma Frost.

Now, as we all know Jean regained the portion of her consciousness that was in the Phoenix merger. Sometimes it was referred to her soul (not only in the Claremont issue you constantly reference -which also stated their souls merged) but Jean says part of her soul was in the Phoenix merger in X-factor. She says it to ship. "Have you ever heard a people die, Ship? I have. The Phoenix had stolen my body.. and a part of my soul, once destroyed a world, and that memory is a torment to me". In inferno she regained that part of her soul and consciousness. Even X-men editor Jordan D White says to him that makes them the same character.

Jean has relived memories from the Phoenix days multiple times. Again Claremont did have Jean act like she didn't have memories in the X-men Revolution run but that was a poor choice from Claremont whose work wasn't that great at the time. When we pressed him back them on the Comixfan boards he blamed the editors for that (he tends to blame others a lot). But she did relive some memories in that issue, in X-men Forever where she went into the Phoenix merger the day she died and even the afterlife with it. Heck, in Phoenix Resurrection she relives memories of landing the shuttle and dying on the moon.

The latest continuity comes in X-men Red where Black Panther tries to say she wasn't Phoenix and Jean corrects him to say she was part of it. Her memories that BlackBolt sees includes her flying as Phoenix with Storm. In Endsong when it shows Jean's moments with her loved ones it includes both Jean Grey flashbacks and Phoenix flashbacks.

Back in X-factor when she expels Maddie and Phoenix, most would read that she expelled their personalities. She no longer was shifting between them that is what the story cured. She retained the memories, and I doubt she expelled the part of her consciousness /soul that was returned to her. Nothing says that out right. Nothing says the Phoenix only took a sliver of her soul/consciousness either.

Peter Lucifer and Monolith on Uncanny X-men.net were the biggest 'Jean was never phoenix" folks much like you but eventually even they conceded enough to include the Phoenix days in Jean's bio. They are so intimately close that they shouldn't be separated. Again, I concede the Phoenix mythos especially with Jean is murky as heck, but let's not accuse others of headcannon when you do the exact thing. Stop cherry picking.

As many Jean wasn't Phoenix scans you can add the other side can add those that contradict it. We've been at this debate for years and years now. I am the resident Jean expert -other than PhoenixStudies because he doesn't post anymore. I've read it all. There is nothing you can tell me about Jean/Phoenix that I don't already know or have read.

Edit: to make it clear going by retcon Jean and Phoenix merged, a part of Jean was in the Phoenix merger the entire time and was later returned to Jean. Which makes what she said to Black Panther correct she was apart of it. It makes JDW correct that they were the same character especially once Jean regained the part of herself that was in the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix saga. It really is that simple though sometimes in the comics they simplify it all and leave out the complexity and nuance.

Thank you, I've long been over correcting some posters and how they constantly leave out context or reference only portions of material to support biased points.

Look forward to this issue hopefully it does justice to three of the most prominent X-men!

BANNED

Celestialbodies, with that particular comment, I was just saying that having the Cyclops ship forced back onto Jean was not a win for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Please say this again he wasn't even the prize he was an unforeseen misstep by Emma all with an end goal of simply messing with Jean because she could.

I'm all in on a Jean/Emma team up but someone posted a panel referencing the "Silent Issue", and that sums up my thoughts on a relationship between the two. Jean respects and tolerates Emma for her expertise and brilliance. Emma recognizes and somewhat envies Jean's resilience and altruism. But yeah they should have had a chance to develop a relationship, so much has happened between them and it would have been nice to see two polar opposites find common ground and choose to be confidants.
    Jean can't trust someone that destroyed her relationship for LOLs

BANNED

Who’s the artist on Magneto?
    I want all of them, I hope they do a collected edition of all five.
    Ben Oliver. I can't wait for that one too. Hopefully Polaris features.

And surely they'll be collected in trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    What're the other 2? There's JG and EF, M, NC... who else?
    It's all been quiet council members so far. Apocalypse & Sinister issues would be golden

The intellectual dishonesty has to stop . You use things to support your argument while ignoring things that outright contradict your argument which is hilarious because you accuse us of doing the same thing. At least we concede contradictory evidence exists.

The fact is based on the retcon that the Phoenix merged with Jean, it took not only her genetic form but her memories as well as a portion of her soul/consciousness. It kind of sounds familiar now with the resurrection protocols. I can't wait for Emma to be backed up and cloned to see if some of you still consider her to be Emma Frost.

Now, as we all know Jean regained the portion of her consciousness that was in the Phoenix merger. Sometimes it was referred to her soul (not only in the Claremont issue you constantly reference -which also stated their souls merged) but Jean says part of her soul was in the Phoenix merger in X-factor. She says it to ship. "Have you ever heard a people die, Ship? I have. The Phoenix had stolen my body.. and a part of my soul, once destroyed a world, and that memory is a torment to me". In inferno she regained that part of her soul and consciousness. Even X-men editor Jordan D White says to him that makes them the same character.

Jean has relived memories from the Phoenix days multiple times. Again Claremont did have Jean act like she didn't have memories in the X-men Revolution run but that was a poor choice from Claremont whose work wasn't that great at the time. When we pressed him back them on the Comixfan boards he blamed the editors for that (he tends to blame others a lot). But she did relive some memories in that issue, in X-men Forever where she went into the Phoenix merger the day she died and even the afterlife with it. Heck, in Phoenix Resurrection she relives memories of landing the shuttle and dying on the moon.

The latest continuity comes in X-men Red where Black Panther tries to say she wasn't Phoenix and Jean corrects him to say she was part of it. Her memories that BlackBolt sees includes her flying as Phoenix with Storm. In Endsong when it shows Jean's moments with her loved ones it includes both Jean Grey flashbacks and Phoenix flashbacks.

Back in X-factor when she expels Maddie and Phoenix, most would read that she expelled their personalities. She no longer was shifting between them that is what the story cured. She retained the memories, and I doubt she expelled the part of her consciousness /soul that was returned to her. Nothing says that out right. Nothing says the Phoenix only took a sliver of her soul/consciousness either.

Peter Lucifer and Monolith on Uncanny X-men.net were the biggest 'Jean was never phoenix" folks much like you but eventually even they conceded enough to include the Phoenix days in Jean's bio. They are so intimately close that they shouldn't be separated. Again, I concede the Phoenix mythos especially with Jean is murky as heck, but let's not accuse others of headcannon when you do the exact thing. Stop cherry picking.

As many Jean wasn't Phoenix scans you can add the other side can add those that contradict it. We've been at this debate for years and years now. I am the resident Jean expert -other than PhoenixStudies because he doesn't post anymore. I've read it all. There is nothing you can tell me about Jean/Phoenix that I don't already know or have read.

Edit: to make it clear going by retcon Jean and Phoenix merged, a part of Jean was in the Phoenix merger the entire time and was later returned to Jean. Which makes what she said to Black Panther correct she was apart of it. It makes JDW correct that they were the same character especially once Jean regained the part of herself that was in the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix saga. It really is that simple though sometimes in the comics they simplify it all and leave out the complexity and nuance.
    Thanks. I have pretty much everything about adult Jean Grey, and I agree with what you say.

Now with the resurrection protocole in Krakoa, I even consider OG Phoenix as OG Jean Grey even more. The cosmic entity copied Jean Grey's body, memories and soul to the point that Jean/Phoenix was genuinely thinking she was the real deal. When she saw her old dying body was still there, she was even shocked. So she put that body in a healing cocoon as a back up, if things would go wrong for her.

Jean/phoenix was written like the real deal anyway, because she was the time CC wrote her. Then there was that retcon. And if people accept this retcon, they also need to accept later retcons. Like Morrison's and Pak's.

This is my most anticipated book of the year and I am glad to hear from initial reviews that it is everything worth the hype. I am sure Dauterman is happy to finally make that white body suit he's been drawing in all the Marauders covers canon.

Now I just hope the issue ends with Emma inviting Jean into her Ice Palace for a "Private Quiet Council Meeting" in her bedroom. Ororo can join too. I am sure there's plenty of room in Emma's bed for all three.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

They're only doing five? That's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    This is my most anticipated book of the year and I am glad to hear from initial reviews that it is everything worth the hype. I am sure Dauterman is happy to finally make that white body suit he's been drawing in all the Marauders covers canon.

Now I just hope the issue ends with Emma inviting Jean into her Ice Palace for a "Private Quiet Council Meeting" in her bedroom. Ororo can join too. I am sure there's plenty of room in Emma's bed for all three.
    Where oh where did you avatar art come from? Please and thank you!

Another variant

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

It's so cute when people who are dating start wearing each other's clothes.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

So it’s official that they wear the same size shoe.