Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    BANNED

She stole the Phoenix from her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    She's been nothing but vulnerable for years at this point.

Shamed her into giving up her nudist ways, played a crucial role in ruining her engagement, tortured her as the Black Queen...
    Like recently?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Alright then gulags were worse then US prisonal system.
    I can't believe you had to be convinced about this

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    The Black Queen? A million years ago???
    Never forget, never forgive!

Lol, I actually like Jean and Emma. I just don't like the premise of this story.

You probably know little of US prisons, one of the items that is more traded is instant noodles, because prisoners aren't given enough food because of privatization;
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Show me the amount of prisoners that have died in US prisons in the last five years. I promise it won't be as many as died in a Russian gulag circa 1944 in a week.

According to a study of Soviet history, 1,053,829 people died in Soviet gulags between 1934 and 1953. 138 per day.

Bureau of Crime Stats: 17,358 people have died in US prisons between 2005 and 2010. 9.5 per day.
    To be fair the Soviet Union was a very poor country in a world war (27 million deaths), dealt with Nazi bombings, and they went through several famines caused by natural disasters and poor economic policies. They did not have the resources to feed their prisoners.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I can't believe you had to be convinced about this
    This the state of things in the world now, people have to be convinced that Siberian Gulags were bad. Well done, Mr. Putin, you achieved your goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    This the state of things in the world now, people have to be convinced that Siberian Gulags were bad. Well done, Mr. Putin, you achieved your goal.
    Who is Putin?

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    To be fair the Soviet Union was a very poor country in a world war (27 million deaths), dealt with Nazi bombings, and they went through several famines caused by natural disasters and poor economic policies. They did not have the resources to feed their prisoners.
    And what exactly does this have to do with Jean Grey, Emma Frost & Giant Size X-Men?

BANNED

I'm starting to think that Spirit2011 is some sort of performance art and we are all just pieces of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    I'm starting to think that Spirit2011 is some sort of performance art and we are all just pieces of it.
    hahahaha

The deraling of this thread was amazing. Usually it goes from random topic to Jean vs Emma, not it went the opposite way somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    And what exactly does this have to do with Jean Grey, Emma Frost & Giant Size X-Men?
    Absolutely nothing and that's the beauty of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    The Black Queen? A million years ago???
    Wow so it happened in the past so it doesnt mater?
    Funny how continuity works
    On marvel time it was like 6 years ago

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    It's about balance. Spirit and other posters make it about Jean vs Emma when it has nothing to do with either character. Now people are talking about gulags in a thread focused on a book about both characters. Derailment finds a way.

BANNED

Wow so it happened in the past so it doesnt mater?
    Funny how continuity works
    On marvel time it was like 6 years ago
    You do understand pax is trying to defend Jean from another poster accusing her of doing something bad against Storm, when Jean clearly was manipulated, right? This is just like when people make it sound like the deaths of the D'Bari are Jean's fault. And somehow you didn't make it about Emma's bad deeds.

Guys, I think you broke spirit2011.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    You do understand pax is trying to defend Jean from another poster accusing her of doing something bad against Storm, when Jean clearly was manipulated, right? This is just like when people make it sound like the deaths of the D'Bari are Jean's fault. And somehow you didn't make it about Emma's bad deeds.

Guys, I think you broke spirit2011.
    Do you think it's even possible for Hickman to heal the breach in the fandom and make us all love Jean, Emma, and Ororo at the same time?

I already love all 3, and I don't understand why I have to chose a side, I think they are some of the best female characters in comics. The great appeal of the X-books to me has always been the female characters and I love the different dynamic personalities they all have. I also don't see them as enemies.

Storm hasn't fully forgiven Emma yet, but at the same time she didn't tell Kate to not have anything to do with Emma, she just said she isn't ready to talk to Emma herself.
    Jean and Emma are perhaps slowly trying to bury the hatchet between them, Jean made an effort by being friendly at the party, Emma responded by being friendly back. Are they on speaking terms yet, maybe not completely, but at the same time they both are acknowledging that both of them have something to contribute on Krakoa, and both deserve a place there.

So yeah, there is some tension, but it's not as amplified as some people make it out to be. We have three people that need to work things out. Emma has to prove herself to Storm to make up for the breach between them. Emma and Jean just need to work through their issues together and find common ground.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”