Page 46 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Of course they will hang out and become best friends it just doesn't make sense for Jean or Storm to want anything to do with Emma. But that doesn't matter
    It makes as much sense as Xavier and Magneto working with Apocalypse. Krakoa is a shot at unity and cooperation. What wouldn’t make sense is them allowing bad blood to prevent them from ruling their nation together, since they’re all on the Council.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    It makes as much sense as Xavier and Magneto working with Apocalypse. Krakoa is a shot at unity and cooperation. What wouldn’t make sense is them allowing bad blood to prevent them from ruling their nation together, since they’re all on the Council.
    Well those don't make sense either but I get your point.
    you're right on that aspect.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Why would Jean or Storm would want anything to do with Emma?
    Emma is cool but far away from these ladies
    Well...with the advent of Krakoa: Mutant Society, they have been working together for safety, peace and prosperity of all Mutants living on the island.
    That said...
    Jean shared a "peace" beer with Emma in HoX06 so...not much rancour there. (They might be sharing more than brews, if the gossip rags are true.)
    Storm has some strong reservations but...With GS:XM, we just might get a resolution to the angst between her and Emma.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Well those don't make sense either but I get your point.
    you're right on that aspect.
    I know a lot of people are unsettled by the status quo shift, but I can’t imagine much enjoyment coming from the books if you can’t embrace the new premise. We already know the tension with Emma is still there. We saw it in HoX w/ Jean and Marauders w/ Storm. It’s also pretty clear Hickman is interested in the dueling ideologies of everyone at the table. Now, we get all that ideological conflict but as an obstacle to cooperation to be overcome rather than an excuse to see them all beat each other to a pulp.

I don’t want the history or difference in perspective and tactics to go away. I want them working through that **** as they navigate leading and defending a nation.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Emma is involved because Storm is one of the Marauders and she has a vested interest in helping her, because the foe is speculated to be Shadow King and it would be dumb for Jean to refuse the help of an experienced TP, and because many readers enjoy the antagonistic dynamic these characters have and want to see that explored within the framework of the new status quo.

Of course they will hang out and become best friends it just doesn't make sense for Jean or Storm to want anything to do with Emma (ever). But that doesn't matter
    Continuity doesn't matter for dawn of X.

yeah Jean and Storm shouldn't be friends with Emma. Max should be team up if there isn't no one else availiable

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Emma is involved because Storm is one of the Marauders and she has a vested interest in helping her, because the foe is speculated to be Shadow King and it would be dumb for Jean to refuse the help of an experienced TP, and because many readers enjoy the antagonistic dynamic these characters have and want to see that explored within the framework of the new status quo.
    Betsy is far more specialized. Jean is good enough to Battle shadow king too

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

They don't have to be friends to work together. Both Jean and Emma are mature enough to put bygones aside and do what's needed to help a teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Continuity doesn't matter for dawn of X.

yeah Jean and Storm shouldn't be friends with Emma. Max should be team up if there isn't no one else availiable

Betsy is far more specialized. Jean is good enough to Battle shadow king too
    I knew you'd something on the line of "Emma is not needed as a telepath against the Shadow King".

What I noticed is that as many fans complain about nothing new also want things to remain the way they always have.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    What I noticed is that as many fans complain about nothing new also want things to remain the way they always have.
    This is not new

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    I think that people want quality and no character compromised

This is not new
    This too

I think people want their fave to shine more than anything. There's a lot of hardcore stanning here.

They will probably both be super cool, super strong and super fun to read but someone will find some subtext or else to drag the comic book down. Someone that could be on both "sides".

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I think people want their fave to shine more than anything. There's a lot of hardcore stanning here.

They will probably both be super cool, super strong and super fun to read but someone will find some subtext or else to drag the comic book down. Someone that could be on both "sides".
    For those of us for whom Storm, Jean and Emma are all Faves...
    We are Supremely Blessed and Highly Favoured.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post

I think someone said something like one of them will say hi to Scott first and that'll spark 40 pages of arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    For those of us for whom Storm, Jean and Emma are all Faves...
    We are Supremely Blessed and Highly Favoured.
    Exactly. There must be shade thrown between the ladies but also everyone should have moments to shine, including Storm having a glorious speech and thunderstorm upon being freed.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'