Page 35 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I would never say we are dumb, and yes we get the significance of the costume or at least the significance of the last time she put it on during Dark Phoenix saga. But Jean wore it recently in Phoenix Resurrection and the X-men Red annual. You are right that it was the fact she was back in the costume and the poor showing in HOX 4 that sent a lot of fans over the edge (and not just Jean fans, I keep repeating it but on twitter a lot of fans thought her characterization was off or plain poor and not just die hard Jean Grey fans). If she was in the costume but still had a strong resolve or a powerful presence it wouldn't have been so controversial imo.

Still, the costume would always look wild considering she was on a space mission. It does make Jean look strange and mutant like which is why it sort of works (the mask that is).
    I think most feel her character is off. It's just a matter of whether people like the muted characterization or not. For some, the floating dishes is her rightful place.

After all, who wants to see Jean fight like hell before she goes down? She should have been somewhere telekinetically making snacks for the guys anyway.

{ Just for the record: I've no beef with the Marvel Girl suit, just the back-to-basics, being-powerful-is-for-guys feelings behind its return. }
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 10-27-2019 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

Is this from a preview of X-Men #2 ?
    Why did they change the artist ?

Just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    { Just for the record: I've no beef with the Marvel Girl suit, just the back-to-basics, being-powerful-is-for-guys feelings behind its return. }
    Except Jean isn't the only woman anymore. Penance had a good showing in that fight and she's a woman of colour. The guys did the bare minimum they could before their deaths. And Cyclops did the dishes in X-men #1 because the point of that issue was to show X-men being domestic to contrast the militancy in the barracks they're used to (Utopia, the Weapon X compound, etc). Vulcan was BBQing. Rachel was boozing. I know Jean has been written in a way that is extremely sexist and she has been written that way while wearing that dress, but it's 2019 and Jean doesn't have to bear the entire weight of representing all women anymore.

I don't think Jean was any more muted than any other X-man, especially since HoX/PoX weren't about X-men.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I actually like the Marvel Grrl mini dress. It's classy and the face mask is cool and makes jean more mysterious and interesting. Plus-Emma has boobs, let Jean show some leg.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I actually like the Marvel Grrl mini dress. It's classy and the face mask is cool and makes jean more mysterious and interesting. Plus-Emma has boobs, let Jean show some leg.
    Wasn't this 2 broke Girls main plot ?

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Wasn't this 2 broke Girls main plot ?
    No idea. I just like it when X people get to dress within their personality and not like some full body sock wearing neuter.

No idea. I just like it when X people get to dress within their personality and not like some full body sock wearing neuter.
    I was kidding. 2 broke Girls was a sitcom featuring 2 main female characters : one having big boobs, and the over showing her legs.

Anyway, I can understand. I like the Jean's bare shoulder Revolution Phoenix suit that she never got to wear better that the "covered shoulders" we finally had, for some obscure reasons. Jean was a widow then : maybe editors thought it was "bad taste" to have a widow being sexy. Juste hope it wasn't the same editors that agreed to let Scott Kiss Emma over Jean's grave lol (kidding again, I know it wasn't the same team)

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Agreed. Thanks to Hickman, the topic about who's omega and who's not is closed.

No... More... Fight
    Well this is not true lol...

It's obviously something fans of the characters Hickman lists as Omega would say though....

But his list has multiple inaccuracies and problems, just from any knowledge of past continuity. Like Xavier not omega TP is absurd, Jean not omega TK is weird. Exodus of all characters is omega TK? Quire is omega? Not Rachel? I could go on. It's ridiculous.

The generalized point that 'omega' was overapplied is fine, and power creep is surely a thing for writers to be careful about, but yeah this Hickman list is certainly NOT "the end" in any way. It's wrong.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post

It's obviously something fans of the characters Hickman lists as Omega would say though....

But his list has multiple inaccuracies and problems, just from any knowledge of past continuity. Like Xavier not omega TP is absurd, Jean not omega TK is weird. Exodus of all characters is omega TK? Quire is omega? Not Rachel? I could go on. It's ridiculous.

The generalized point that 'omega' was overapplied is fine, and power creep is surely a thing for writers to be careful about, but yeah this Hickman list is certainly NOT "the end" in any way. It's wrong.
    That's not how that works lol the author (Hickman) has given a clear definition for what a Omega Level mutant is. Any mutant not on that list is not Omega. It's as simple as that.

Now maybe some author down the line will return that list to the clusterfuck it once was but for right now we have a clear definition on who those 14 mutants are.

Exodus could hold down entire X-Men teams with his TK. I see no problem in him being and Omega TK.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post

There are some things i disagree with on the list.
    .exodus being on it and xavier not being on it are not even close to problems...Rachel on the other hand, she not being on it annoys me...

The funny part is I only learned of kid omega from the list...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Jean is Omega level at derailment.

Incredible Member

Sweet Jesus give us a Giant Sized Dazzler/Gambit.
    Add Northstar and I'm soo in

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    She didn't knew about genration X Emma and Monet. I see many of Emma fans taking the new origin as fact instead of a cheap retcon

I'm not trashing writers. I already explained why I think Leah might not know about Emma origin
    Sorry, the trashing writers Part of my post wasn’t a response to your quote. That was to other posters who have.

Only the first line was in response to you.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Thank you. People out here like "Skin is bad" "Tiddy bad".
    Geez. Just balance it out on the dude side.
    "Cable was right!"