Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I would never say we are dumb, and yes we get the significance of the costume or at least the significance of the last time she put it on during Dark Phoenix saga. But Jean wore it recently in Phoenix Resurrection and the X-men Red annual. You are right that it was the fact she was back in the costume and the poor showing in HOX 4 that sent a lot of fans over the edge (and not just Jean fans, I keep repeating it but on twitter a lot of fans thought her characterization was off or plain poor and not just die hard Jean Grey fans). If she was in the costume but still had a strong resolve or a powerful presence it wouldn't have been so controversial imo.

Still, the costume would always look wild considering she was on a space mission. It does make Jean look strange and mutant like which is why it sort of works (the mask that is).
    I think most feel her character is off. It's just a matter of whether people like the muted characterization or not. For some, the floating dishes is her rightful place.

After all, who wants to see Jean fight like hell before she goes down? She should have been somewhere telekinetically making snacks for the guys anyway.

{ Just for the record: I've no beef with the Marvel Girl suit, just the back-to-basics, being-powerful-is-for-guys feelings behind its return. }
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 10-27-2019 at 08:19 PM.