Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 676 to 690 of 793
  1. #676
    In the wobbly seat The Quiet Councilor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Of course they will hang out and become best friends it just doesn't make sense for Jean or Storm to want anything to do with Emma. But that doesn't matter
    It makes as much sense as Xavier and Magneto working with Apocalypse. Krakoa is a shot at unity and cooperation. What wouldn’t make sense is them allowing bad blood to prevent them from ruling their nation together, since they’re all on the Council.

  2. #677
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    It makes as much sense as Xavier and Magneto working with Apocalypse. Krakoa is a shot at unity and cooperation. What wouldn’t make sense is them allowing bad blood to prevent them from ruling their nation together, since they’re all on the Council.
    Well those don't make sense either but I get your point.
    you're right on that aspect.
    My opinions are my own

  3. #678
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Why would Jean or Storm would want anything to do with Emma?
    Emma is cool but far away from these ladies
    Well...with the advent of Krakoa: Mutant Society, they have been working together for safety, peace and prosperity of all Mutants living on the island.
    That said...
    Jean shared a "peace" beer with Emma in HoX06 so...not much rancour there. (They might be sharing more than brews, if the gossip rags are true.)
    Storm has some strong reservations but...With GS:XM, we just might get a resolution to the angst between her and Emma.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  4. #679
    In the wobbly seat The Quiet Councilor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Well those don't make sense either but I get your point.
    you're right on that aspect.
    I know a lot of people are unsettled by the status quo shift, but I can’t imagine much enjoyment coming from the books if you can’t embrace the new premise. We already know the tension with Emma is still there. We saw it in HoX w/ Jean and Marauders w/ Storm. It’s also pretty clear Hickman is interested in the dueling ideologies of everyone at the table. Now, we get all that ideological conflict but as an obstacle to cooperation to be overcome rather than an excuse to see them all beat each other to a pulp.

    I don’t want the history or difference in perspective and tactics to go away. I want them working through that shit as they navigate leading and defending a nation.

  5. #680
    Mighty Member Dante Milton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Emma is involved because Storm is one of the Marauders and she has a vested interest in helping her, because the foe is speculated to be Shadow King and it would be dumb for Jean to refuse the help of an experienced TP, and because many readers enjoy the antagonistic dynamic these characters have and want to see that explored within the framework of the new status quo.

  6. #681
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Of course they will hang out and become best friends it just doesn't make sense for Jean or Storm to want anything to do with Emma (ever). But that doesn't matter
    Continuity doesn't matter for dawn of X.

    yeah Jean and Storm shouldn't be friends with Emma. Max should be team up if there isn't no one else availiable

    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Emma is involved because Storm is one of the Marauders and she has a vested interest in helping her, because the foe is speculated to be Shadow King and it would be dumb for Jean to refuse the help of an experienced TP, and because many readers enjoy the antagonistic dynamic these characters have and want to see that explored within the framework of the new status quo.
    Betsy is far more specialized. Jean is good enough to Battle shadow king too
    Zethrimon unblock me

  7. #682
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,731

    Default

    They don't have to be friends to work together. Both Jean and Emma are mature enough to put bygones aside and do what's needed to help a teammate.

  8. #683
    Mighty Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Continuity doesn't matter for dawn of X.

    yeah Jean and Storm shouldn't be friends with Emma. Max should be team up if there isn't no one else availiable



    Betsy is far more specialized. Jean is good enough to Battle shadow king too
    I knew you'd something on the line of "Emma is not needed as a telepath against the Shadow King".

  9. #684
    Fantastic Member DiamondQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    342

    Default

    What I noticed is that as many fans complain about nothing new also want things to remain the way they always have.

  10. #685
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    What I noticed is that as many fans complain about nothing new also want things to remain the way they always have.
    This is not new
    My opinions are my own

  11. #686
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    What I noticed is that as many fans complain about nothing new also want things to remain the way they always have.
    I think that people want quality and no character compromised

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    This is not new
    This too
    Zethrimon unblock me

  12. #687
    Mighty Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,504

    Default

    I think people want their fave to shine more than anything. There's a lot of hardcore stanning here.

    They will probably both be super cool, super strong and super fun to read but someone will find some subtext or else to drag the comic book down. Someone that could be on both "sides".

  13. #688
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I think people want their fave to shine more than anything. There's a lot of hardcore stanning here.

    They will probably both be super cool, super strong and super fun to read but someone will find some subtext or else to drag the comic book down. Someone that could be on both "sides".
    For those of us for whom Storm, Jean and Emma are all Faves...
    We are Supremely Blessed and Highly Favoured.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  14. #689
    Mugga, please. xhx23x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I think people want their fave to shine more than anything. There's a lot of hardcore stanning here.

    They will probably both be super cool, super strong and super fun to read but someone will find some subtext or else to drag the comic book down. Someone that could be on both "sides".
    I think someone said something like one of them will say hi to Scott first and that'll spark 40 pages of arguments.

  15. #690
    X-Cultist nx01a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    47°9′S 126°43′W
    Posts
    11,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    For those of us for whom Storm, Jean and Emma are all Faves...
    We are Supremely Blessed and Highly Favoured.
    Exactly. There must be shade thrown between the ladies but also everyone should have moments to shine, including Storm having a glorious speech and thunderstorm upon being freed.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •