Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't think so. Jean can endure a bad moment and come out bigger than before
    A Jean who doesn’t shed a tear while her loved ones die around her doesn’t sound like Jean to me. That’s more Maddy’s schtick.

Let's be honest. Hickman's Jean was underwhelming.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    Let's be honest. Hickman's Jean was underwhelming.
    Eh she was barely in HoX. The difference being here is that she and emma are the main focus of this giant size issue.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Eh she was barely in HoX. The difference being here is that she and emma are the main focus of this giant size issue.
    Monet was barely in HoX and I wouldnt say she was underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    That isn’t what I’m saying, though. Jean isn’t fearful of her own death, but she’s FEELING all of her friends’ lose their lives. No matter how many times you die, that’s still traumatic and probably v e r y painful for her. And Gregor has more drive because she’s on the defense, her own husband killed himself just to take out the X-Men. Their “drive” are just suicidal attempts to try and keep mutants down and I don’t think it’s something to be admired. Gregor set off Mother Mood even though it wasn’t ready and went insane the moment it activated.
    that may have been the case as we originally read HoX 4 but we've seen learned about the resurrection process and the fact that Jean knew they werent actually dead and would be coming back so I feel she shouldnt have been as traumatized by things as she was
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-25-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

cool but i wished this was just a jean comic, getting tired of emma frost
    we can be heroes, just for one day

This gives a feel that they will make out in this.

FB_IMG_1572063161309.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    This gives a feel that they will make out in this.

FB_IMG_1572063161309.jpg
    I saw that, Leah is a lot of fun on twitter, she ships Jean and Emma as much as I do!

Lots of people on twitter are really excited about the Jean Grey and Emma Frost book.

Then there was also the X-Men/Fantastic Four and that got everyone on twitter excited too.

Then you have the teaser from Wolverine #1, and just seeing Logan so happy playing with the children while Jean is gently teasing him for it, it was so sweet and lovely. I love seeing happy Logan and Jean so much.

I have to say the hype for Dawn of X is through the roof right now, people are loving all the titles, and loving the humour and sense of family. Haha, and loving the hints of relationships with Jean, Emma, Scott, and Logan.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

That wasn't a big feat at all. Sabretooth these days is so jobbed, it wasn't a displey of power just that Jean was already done with him

IDK why Jean is so mean with sabretooth that never done anything bad to her, but i sso passive with Emma
    Because Sabretooth for almost his entire existence has been trying to slaughter her and her teammates en masse, been eating innocent people he's killed, and showed virtually zero remorse for any of it, while Emma has been helping her friends survive for the better part of 20 years?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

That wasn't a big feat at all. Sabretooth these days is so jobbed, it wasn't a displey of power just that Jean was already done with him

IDK why Jean is so mean with sabretooth that never done anything bad to her, but i sso passive with Emma
    Because they're banging, S. Because they're banging.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Because Sabretooth for almost his entire existence has been trying to slaughter her and her teammates en masse, been eating innocent people he's killed, and showed virtually zero remorse for any of it, while Emma has been helping her friends survive for the better part of 20 years?
    And though Emma doesn't really apologize for things most of the time, her actions speak louder than words. Emma long ago left the old villain trappings behind even going back to when Emma helped Magneto and provided therapy for the New Mutants after they were killed and resurrected by the Beyonder.

Emma protects mutants and particularly children, and she will lay down her life to protect mutant children. Her methods don't always mesh with the X-Men but it's been a long time since any of them saw her as a true enemy. Most of them just want to yell at her and tell her to tone things down a bit. Even when Kitty was incredibly angry at Emma, she just yelled at Emma. People bring up the O5, but they forgave her, and then helped save her from Magneto, and then the O5 also found a safe place for Emma to stay until her neck healed up after Magneto's attack, and they stayed with her to protect her. Young Jeen even said that she thought Emma had just lost her way and it was important for them to help Emma find her way back to the X-Men where she belongs.

I didn’t know I needed this. But apparently I do.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Please for the love of God behave everyone
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Except Sabretooth is unsuccessful with everything he does. Meanwhile Emma is like Mystique. When she screws people over, it tends to work. Not to mention her flying off the deep end in recent years & selling everyone out in Rosencanny.

I'd be more icy with someone who succeeding in screwing me over for laughs rather than a loudmouth (that even junior X-Man can / have easily dealt with).

She's got a bit more reason to be threatened with Emma than Creed, whom even Wolverine is not concerned with. lol He mainly finds him annoying as Hell.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-25-2019 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I didn’t know I needed this. But apparently I do.
    I do hope they give Jean strong dialogue, even if Emma and Jean are actually getting along, I think it would still be good to have some sarcasm between them. They can insult each other's clothes while helping each other defeat the bad guy.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    And though Emma doesn't really apologize for things most of the time, her actions speak louder than words. Emma long ago left the old villain trappings behind even going back to when Emma helped Magneto and provided therapy for the New Mutants after they were killed and resurrected by the Beyonder.

Emma protects mutants and particularly children, and she will lay down her life to protect mutant children. Her methods don't always mesh with the X-Men but it's been a long time since any of them saw her as a true enemy. Most of them just want to yell at her and tell her to tone things down a bit. Even when Kitty was incredibly angry at Emma, she just yelled at Emma. People bring up the O5, but they forgave her, and then helped save her from Magneto, and then the O5 also found a safe place for Emma to stay until her neck healed up after Magneto's attack, and they stayed with her to protect her. Young Jeen even said that she thought Emma had just lost her way and it was important for them to help Emma find her way back to the X-Men where she belongs.
    Come on, Whedon's Kitty would've totally blown Emma's brains out had Scott not talked her out of it. I know, I know, that was before the whole 'We'll let the whole attempted statutory rape thingy go because you're hawt', but it's still canon. I think. Hard to tell with the Hickman retcons/repositioning, really.