Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Well Jean only interact with same pople ever: Logan, Scott and Emma.

Dawn of X is becoming really boring for Jean
    You mean the characters she didn't interact with for 14 years and had less than ten comic book issues (since her return) where she was in the same page as them. Yeah, absolutely dreadful.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    That mixed with the fact that in his stories characters serve the plot does not make one very optimistic, in general.
    Believe me I know. The topic is old and worn-out now, but Creed was a case of that. There was so much flawed in that so-called "arc", it just came off sloppy. Just seemed he didn't care for Creed's character and wrote a half-assed plot to get rid of him. I am cool with characters getting put on a bus, especially when they've been ruined for years but surely it could've been done better.

So I completely understand some Jean fans being wary of her being glued to a Hickman pet when he already showed his bias in HOX.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-25-2019 at 12:39 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Well Jean only interact with same pople ever: Logan, Scott and Emma.

Dawn of X is becoming really boring for Jean
    What about Red, Uncanny and Age of Nate when those 3 weren't around?
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Those doesn't count apparently.

The issue is the seeming confirmation of the thing people have always criticized about Jean: now, she serves as an accessory for Cyclops and Wolverine, as a way to contrast how Emma's comparatively cooler, and not much else. She's had quite a few appearances in these Hixmen times, none of which really contradict that. X-Force is still pending, but in general it hasn't been great for or to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang1234 View Post
    Believe me I know. The topic is old and worn-out now, but Creed was a case of that. There was so much flawed in that so-called "arc", it just came off sloppy. Just seemed he didn't care for Creed's character and wrote a half-assed plot to get rid of him. I am cool with characters getting put on a bus, especially when they've been ruined for years but surely it could've been done better.

So I completely understand some Jean fans being wary of her being glued to a Hickman pet when he already showed his bias in HOX.
    The one thing that really stood out to me about Creed was the fact that his inversion got reversed and I missed the memo, lol. Also, I think he set him up for a wicked comeback (just like Mystique with the Destiny request), so I wouldn't worry about him. Your point about big players being ancillary to pet characters does (sadly) stand, though.
    Last edited by FeniSam; 10-25-2019 at 12:57 PM.

I still don't like the headsock.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I still don't like the headsock.
    Also, Emma's costume is weird. It mixes elements from other outfits, but it doesn't really work for me. The neck choker thing, the little rat fur around her neck and the jacket with the minicape are particularly silly, IMO. She could do better, really.

Also, Emma's costume is weird. It mixes elements from other outfits, but it doesn't really work for me. The neck choker thing, the little rat fur around her neck and the jacket with the minicape are particularly silly, IMO. She could do better, really.
    I think Dauterman likes it. It's on his cover for Marauders 1, but she doesn't actually wear it in the book. And yeah, it looks weird.

The one thing that really stood out to me about Creed was the fact that his inversion got reversed and I missed the memo, lol. Also, I think he set him up for a wicked comeback (just like Mystique with the Destiny request), so I wouldn't worry about him. Your point about big players being ancillary to pet characters does (sadly) stand, though.
    Hickman is a writer who ignored the AXIS Inversion story lines. So rather than it being undone, it's a more case of Rosenberg & Hickman treating it as though it never happened. So that entire arc for him filler now and won't factor into any future stories.

In any case, since Hickman doesn't seem to focus on the characters being too personable, I don't expect too deep a story here. Maybe a good snark fest & fight-action. But nothing depthful.

AssassinMessiah

This is so going to be Shadow King. Storm and him have a history and who else is so big a threat that the 2 top Psychics have to work together?

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    I will forever hate Asrar for designing such an abomination. Gross
    It's not any worse than her 90's design. I'd actually call it an improvement over that.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I think Dauterman likes it. It's on his cover for Marauders 1, but she doesn't actually wear it in the book. And yeah, it looks weird.
    It'd make sense if Dauterman also designed it, like the Jean Red redesign. Still, neither of those really work for me, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Hickman is a writer who ignored the AXIS Inversion story lines. So rather than it being undone, it's a more case of Rosenberg & Hickman treating it as though it never happened. So that entire arc for him filler now and won't factor into any future stories.

In any case, since Hickman doesn't seem to focus on the characters being too personable, I don't expect too deep a story here. Maybe a good snark fest & fight-action. But nothing depthful.
    Ah, I jumped ship when Rosenberg's Uncanny fell apart for me, right at the beginning of AoNate, so I had no idea. He clearly un-inverted Creed by editorial mandate and they just hoped no one would notice. Real smooth, guys.

Oh, I didn't mean Hickman had anything of depth planned for Creed, just that he'll be the first to come haunting the Council when the Krakoa Dormant Prison worm can pops open. Not much else besides that, though.

She and Bishop "interacted" alright.

Ah, I jumped ship when Rosenberg's Uncanny fell apart for me, right at the beginning of AoNate, so I had no idea. He clearly un-inverted Creed by editorial mandate and they just hoped no one would notice. Real smooth, guys.

Oh, I didn't mean Hickman had anything of depth planned for Creed, just that he'll be the first to come haunting the Council when the Krakoa Dormant Prison worm can pops open. Not much else besides that, though.
    Oh I meant depth regarding this Jean / Emma book coming out. Action and possible story-twists sure. But character depth or development..eh.

Far as Creed, I see nothing particular coming for him, besides usual jobbing. The X-Men Rogue Gallery is terrible and 98% of the villains are shallow jobbers. AXIS and First X-Men were Creed's only good stories since 2004. Besides his arc here, I hear Apocalypse hasn't done well since 2006.

BANNED

This is the best thing a company has ever produced and it single handedly justifies the continued existence of capitalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Looking at that cover just makes me wish Dauterman was drawing Jean in her miniskirt. It's so much better than that optimus prime mess.
    The Megaman armor is almost as terrible as the TAS outfit. #freethethighs

That would be more interesting than the same thing again
    What thing is that?