Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post

But also because Jean/Emma's dynamic is such as fascinating one which could breed such great stories and conversations
    It is not, it is only screw Jean, look how cool is Emma and Scemma. That is their entire dynamyc

BANNED

Moving goalposts? You consider Sabertooth a bigger threat than Dr. Doom? And that's not even taking into account the number of peers that make up the counsel any one of them could deal with Sabes. But also not my point, my point has consistently been ALL of what I've seen from Hickman not simply a single panel which was done better decades ago and under much more pressing circumstances! I don't care about feats, I care about Jean being presented as capable all within herself.

But also because Jean/Emma's dynamic is such as fascinating one which could breed such great stories and conversations when I think of their relationship this is what I think of:

Two titans verbally sparring, and maybe if we're lucky some kickass applications of telepathy!
    Nobody’s saying Sabertooth is a bigger threat. I just don’t think Sue talking trash is more impressive than Jean taking action in a situation where Emma failed. Regardless, we want the same thing. I love Jean & Emma together. Morrison cemented them as one of the best X-duos with that one scene. Hoping we’re all satisfied!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Nobody’s saying Sabertooth is a bigger threat. I just don’t think Sue talking trash is more impressive than Jean taking action in a situation where Emma failed. Regardless, we want the same thing. I love Jean & Emma together. Morrison cemented them as one of the best X-duos with single scene. Hoping we’re all satisfied!

Literally all I'm saying, I want Emma and Jean to revel in that chemistry because it's impressive that it's so still talked about two decades later.

Astonishing Member

I see this topic turned into, once again, into Jean fear-mongering. *le sigh* The book will be fine. Emma and Jean will both be portrayed well but let's face it there are still gonna be people who have a problem with this issue because there are people on here who have a "specific" image in their heads of how Jean should/speak/act/fight at all times.

BANNED

Literally all I'm saying, I want Emma and Jean to revel in that chemistry because it's impressive that it's so still talked about two decades later.
    I’m expecting it! We’re getting a spiritual sequel to the psychic rescue! There’s no way Morrison isn’t top of mind while Hickman is working on this story.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It is not, it is only screw Jean, look how cool is Emma and Scemma. That is their entire dynamyc

I think with Emma and any of the X-women there needs to be a balance some get that most don't.

Although, posters here are baffling basing opinions on actual past issues apparently means Jean has to be the STAR of the book. Destiny was the one person who left the biggest impression on me under Hickman, and she didn't lift a finger...so maybe it isn't about "feats" but do carry on.

This very sub lost their collective minds when their faves were at odds with the X-men or worst disparaged for a singular narrative switch!
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 10-25-2019 at 04:25 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I see this topic turned into, once again, into Jean fear-mongering. *le sigh* The book will be fine. Emma and Jean will both be portrayed well but let's face it there are still gonna be people who have a problem with this issue because there are people on here who have a "specific" image in their heads of how Jean should/speak/act/fight at all times.
    Last times adult Jean and Emma interacted.
    Morrison, Emma stole her husband and Jean died.
    Jean Grey solo: Remeber how i screwed your marriage? it was so romantic. Also you suck Jean.

Not very optimistic about this as a Jean fan, the writer loves Emma and has done her well, His treatment of Jean is as an accessory and to make cyclops and wolverine feel cheated.

BANNED

Although, posters here are baffling based opinions on actual proof apparently means Jean has to be the STAR of the book. Destiny was the one person who left the biggest impression on me under Hickman, and she didn't lift a finger...so maybe it isn't about "feats" but do carry on. This very sub lost their collective minds when their faves were at odds with the X-men or worst disparaged for a singular narrative switch!
    I’m with you on Destiny. She scared the hell out of me, and I loved every second. Her return is gonna be major.

I’m with you on Destiny. She scared the hell out of me, and I loved every second. Her return is gonna be major.
    I never dreamed she could be so titillating so when I comment on Hickman's writing its because I see he can write good characters just spread the love.

BANNED

Which brings home the larger points, Hickman could easily write her as more active even if it's only in her lines. But we haven't gotten much from him, and what little we have, it's so far away from what we've seen from her previously. Hell he's made it a point to give several characters just that character moments to show their drives, and motivations, or interests. Jean has not had much of that yet, and it's easy to say wait and see but based on what I've seen I don't think he has much of a plan for her but maybe I'm wrong.

It's not only that it her overall presentation, from the return to the Marvel Girl costume to her rather passive approach, perhaps if what she was doing was stressed as impressive rather than pathetic it would have come off more effective. That said I'll give credit where credit is due, his Charles, Mags, Apoc, Polaris, Mystique, Destiny, Emma, Exodus, Sinister, Moira, Logan are all solid. But that does draw more attention to his underperforming Jean.
    His Sinny isn't any good. He tries to do the Gillen Sinister, but it's off. I found Moira interesting. His Magneto sounds right, but haughty egoists are easy to write. His Emma is fine. You can tell he wants her to do interesting things and look like a force when she appears.

His Jean Grey leaves much to be desired and I imagine the board will enjoy the dragging that is headed her way in this issue. Regardless, it will be very, very pretty. Russell's a god.

For the same reasons you wouldn't expect Logan, or Scott, or Ororo to behave that way. These are seasoned X-men and they've seen worst, for Jean specifically she experienced worst.
    Exactly.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 10-25-2019 at 04:43 PM.

...that was my entire point, she's literally experienced rebirth through fire, fear of dying shouldn't be that high up on her list of things. And if we're being literal it should have been less time in-universe given Hickmans own timeline where a decade worth of events were smashed into like 3 years. The problem for me wasn't what she was doing it was how it came off, and it came off incredibly unimpressive to me. Which when you think about it is crazy given the distance, but again none of that was stressed. Its baffling to me that the Doctor who lost her husband had more drive in her than most of the seasoned X-men there especially Jean.
    That isn’t what I’m saying, though. Jean isn’t fearful of her own death, but she’s FEELING all of her friends’ lose their lives. No matter how many times you die, that’s still traumatic and probably v e r y painful for her. And Gregor has more drive because she’s on the defense, her own husband killed himself just to take out the X-Men. Their “drive” are just suicidal attempts to try and keep mutants down and I don’t think it’s something to be admired. Gregor set off Mother Mood even though it wasn’t ready and went insane the moment it activated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    That isn’t what I’m saying, though. Jean isn’t fearful of her own death, but she’s FEELING all of her friends’ lose their lives. No matter how many times you die, that’s still traumatic and probably v e r y painful for her. And Gregor has more drive because she’s on the defense, her own husband killed himself just to take out the X-Men. Their “drive” are just suicidal attempts to try and keep mutants down and I don’t think it’s something to be admired. Gregor set off Mother Mood even though it wasn’t ready and went insane the moment it activated.
    Jean has been feeling people die since she was 11, she herself said this to Sabretooth.

it hsould never be a problem for her

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean has been feeling people die since she was 11, she herself said this to Sabretooth.

I’d say it should always be a problem for her. Otherwise, you may as well be describing Madelyne.
    Last edited by The Quiet Councilor; 10-25-2019 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

Yeah, and that was one of the worst moments in her life so I’d say it’s pretty major.

I’d say it should always be problem for her. Otherwise, you may as well be describing Madelyne.
    I don't think so. Jean can endure a bad moment and come out bigger than before