Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Emma is not a bad person, she has lots of deep and charm but she doesn't have a good track record with Jean, has she ever said sorry to Jean? does she even feel bad?
    I don't want Jean to be there just to take hits and say that she is okay with everything and cool. She shouldn't hate Emma but they should not be friends.
    Why on earth would Jean want anything to do with Emma?
    Emma is a great character with lots of potential but she doesn't have a cyclops/wolverine dynamyc with Jean. They just don't

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Emma is not a bad person, she has lots of deep and charm but she doesn't have a good track record with Jean, has she ever said sorry to Jean? does she even feel bad?
    I don't want Jean to be there just to take hits and say that she is okay with everything and cool. She shouldn't hate Emma but they should not be friends.
    Agreed. The problem with writers having pets, all other characters have to love or prop them.

I think it's accurate that Storm wanted nothing to do with Emma unless under strict professional necessity. And I think Jean should be the same. Any kind of friendship or pairing especially, would be forced as heck when one party doesn't care how their antics hurt the other party, and specifically did said antics for that reason.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-25-2019 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Agreed. The problem with writers having pets, all other characters have to love or prop them.

I think it's accurate that Storm wanted nothing to do with Emma unless under strict professional necessity. And I think Jean should be the same. Sharing beer and taking hits for Emma is another matter. lol
    It's possible you are right actually. It's very possible that Jean and Emma have been mostly staying out of each other's way up to the Giant Size.

My theory is that that Shadow King or another psychic entity attacks the island while Jean and Emma are at a political conference and they get the distress call and they are forced to work together to save everyone, or according to the solicits they are forced to work together to save Storm.

It's possible that three of them went someplace together to investigate something, or to go to a political conference, and Storm is attacked and captured, and Emma and Jean have to save her.

Since it's a one and done story, it probably works better with fewer characters anyway so it can mostly focus on Jean and Emma working together.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean has been feeling people die since she was 11, she herself said this to Sabretooth.

it hsould never be a problem for her
    That wasn't a boast, though. It was a call for empathy and compassion to counter Creed's casual murderous solipsism. And feeling someone pass away isn't the same as being plugged into their head as they die, five times in a row.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I see this topic turned into, once again, into Jean fear-mongering. *le sigh* The book will be fine. Emma and Jean will both be portrayed well but let's face it there are still gonna be people who have a problem with this issue because there are people on here who have a "specific" image in their heads of how Jean should/speak/act/fight at all times.
    Honestly it's gotten to the point where I'm hoping Jean gets humilated every issue for the sheer schadenfreude of it all. And she's one of my favourite characters too lol.

Anyway, yeah, i agree that both Jean and Emma will shine in this issue, particularly as this is the first time Hickman has put the spotlight on Jean. Obviously those addicted to feeling hard done by will continue to do so.

I'm hoping there's some serious shade thrown between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Anyway, yeah, i agree that both Jean and Emma will shine in this issue, particularly as this is the first time Hickman has put the spotlight on Jean. Obviously those addicted to feeling hard done by will continue to do so.

I'm hoping there's some serious shade thrown between the two.
    And who will win of that? what will be won?

The only thing that will happen in that case is giving the reason to the people who dislikes this whole deal. That would only perpetuate the reasons for people to hate it.

BANNED

And who will win of that? what will be won?

The only thing that will happen in that case is giving the reason to the people who dislikes this whole deal. That would only perpetuate the reasons for people to hate it.
    I'm not sure what you mean about winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean about winning.
    what would the fans or the characters get from more drama and shade between them?

BANNED

what would the fans or the characters get from more drama and shade between them?
    Entertainment? Peace is boring. Jean and Emma have one of the best rivalries in comics, it would be a shame to do away with it.

Emma is a great character with lots of potential but she doesn't have a cyclops/wolverine dynamyc with Jean. They just don't
    What does Emma need to say sorry for? Scott is a grown ass man capable of making his own decisions and who takes responsibility for his actions.

And his relationship with Jean had lost its spark anyway.

BANNED

I figure Hickman has Schism 2 in mind......
    *Storm is being used as a vessel for shadow king to manifest*
    Jean: We should kill her so that she will be able to resurrect back on the island.
    Emma: No! She will carry his tainted psyche back and put the entire island under jeopardy as a carrier. We can't risk that. We shall have to shunt her tainted psyche to the psionic plane.
    Jean: Psylock was able to contain him. So can Ororo
    Emma: You will risk every mutant transforming into the slave of this ancient evil! I can sense that he has completely claimed this body as his own! Storms psyche is nowhere to be found in there!
    Jean: You are wrong! I can still detect her! She can still be rescued!
    Emma: That's his viles you are experiencing! He can't affect me in my diamond form so I am able to view the reality of the situation!
    Jean: You know he never loved you!
    Emma: If he were here who do you think he will side with?
    *Jean manifests her TK and punches a hole in her diamond body*
    Emma: If it were not for him I would knock your head clean off with one diamond punch!
    The Psychic Maelstrom of Shadow King enlarges in the background swelling to sentinel size as he feeds on the ancient essence of a goddess while two angry female forms lash out at each other in the darkening skies.......

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Because Sabretooth for almost his entire existence has been trying to slaughter her and her teammates en masse, been eating innocent people he's killed, and showed virtually zero remorse for any of it, while Emma has been helping her friends survive for the better part of 20 years?
    Spirit once famously said he'd rather hangout with a terrorist than with someone that slept with his spouse, so he's being consistent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    I figure Hickman has Schism 2 in mind......
    *Storm is being used as a vessel for shadow king to manifest*
    Jean: We should kill her so that she will be able to resurrect back on the island.
    Emma: No! She will carry his tainted psyche back and put the entire island under jeopardy as a carrier. We can't risk that. We shall have to shunt her tainted psyche to the psionic plane.
    Jean: Psylock was able to contain him. So can Ororo
    Emma: You will risk every mutant transforming into the slave of this ancient evil! I can sense that he has completely claimed this body as his own! Storms psyche is nowhere to be found in there!
    Jean: You are wrong! I can still detect her! She can still be rescued!
    Emma: That's his viles you are experiencing! He can't affect me in my diamond form so I am able to view the reality of the situation!
    Jean: You know he never loved you!
    Emma: If he were here who do you think he will side with?
    *Jean manifests her TK and punches a hole in her diamond body*
    Emma: If it were not for him I would knock your head clean off with one diamond punch!
    The Psychic Maelstrom of Shadow King enlarges in the background swelling to sentinel size as he feeds on the ancient essence of a goddess while two angry female forms lash out at each other in the darkening skies.......
    That sounds more like Cap and Iron Man at the end of Time Runs Out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    That sounds more like Cap and Iron Man at the end of Time Runs Out.
    You can of course insert any number of characters in such a scenario. Why even one involving the human torch and Spider Man will come to mind if you think about it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    You can of course insert any number of characters in such a scenario. Why even one involving the human torch and Spider Man will come to mind if you think about it.
    2 heroes arguing/fighting against the background of the whole world going to **** was literally what happened in TRO, though.

Funnily enough, that was written by Hickman too.